• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, (sic) said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

53 goals in a season. I'm fairly sure at least half of them came from balls over the top. It's a bit unreal.

That's good no,? On fm22 I could barely get my striker to more than 20 goals, sometimes the Centre defenders and midfielders are outscoring my forwards

4 hours ago, Saradiamanta said:

FM 23 I think lack of initiative about implementation sub 5 players rules. I check some league like french cup still used 3 subs oh cmon update lazy SI. and international competition too still used 3 subs rule. I checked that SI only implement 5 subs rule only in BiG LeaGuE. Just lazy FFS.

For example last year i edit all my load LEAGUE database 12 different country to 5 subs rule in pre game editor. But i cant change the INTERNATIONAL rules.

Why SI cant? Oh my god just lazy i think

I hope this is fixed for the full release. Report it as a bug?

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

53 goals in a season. I'm fairly sure at least half of them came from balls over the top. It's a bit unreal.

You can get over 100 from Haaland, think I'll send that save in, it breaks things 

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

That's good no,? On fm22 I could barely get my striker to more than 20 goals, sometimes the Centre defenders and midfielders are outscoring my forwards

I didn't have such a problem, but it's a bit ridiculous in FM23. That's way too much. 

This guy isn't Haaland, yet he constantly bags hattricks regularly. 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It's funny/ annoying to watch and one SI are aware of but just report it if you see wonky stuff, it's the Beta :thup:

I've reported it, also uploaded the match file if the guys need it.

I’ve played 3/4s of a season so far & I can honestly say this is one of the best match engines I can ever remember. I’m seeing lots of different goals and some really cool plays. I really feel like for the first time ever,  I am actually getting a team to play the way I want them to. I am coming to grips with the squad planner but I really find it to be more of a chore so far. But it has been useful to keep track of my squad and where I’ll need improvements. Overall, loving the game!

35 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

I’ve played 3/4s of a season so far & I can honestly say this is one of the best match engines I can ever remember. I’m seeing lots of different goals and some really cool plays. I really feel like for the first time ever,  I am actually getting a team to play the way I want them to. I am coming to grips with the squad planner but I really find it to be more of a chore so far. But it has been useful to keep track of my squad and where I’ll need improvements. Overall, loving the game!

Wow 3/4 seasons already 

You have any insights about dribbling and if/iw cutting inside?

8 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

It's been god knows how many years since United were any good and yet again, they are amazing in FM. Surely, somebody in research team is a big fan :rolleyes:

Thing is, player for player, they're a good team with some off the field/ dressing room problems, it's not an easy thing to implement into FM. The same as Liverpool's dodgy start to the season, it doesn't mean the players are bad and 30 CA needs knocking off every player, there's no "break club" button for teams  

I like the match engine but so far too  long&through balls behind defence how AI&human tactics matter is a question. It doesn't look natural.. There are some new sentences in text about attributes in match I think.  There is not enough about that unfortunately why defender was't adequate about certain player should be better. I think rich in text about attributes would give more confidence about what we are playing..

32 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

It's been god knows how many years since United were any good and yet again, they are amazing in FM. Surely, somebody in research team is a big fan :rolleyes:

Think about it. Is it attribute wise or confidence wise irl? They'll have ETH with the new signings whom are based on past attributes- Antony, martinez, casemiro, eriksen

Add that too, ronaldo, varane, sancho, rashy- these will still have brilliant attributes. On paper it's a great team, and that's why they're good. 

Add how ETH sets up, his style, and that's what you'll play against... 

8 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Why can't this screen be scaled properly??

image.thumb.png.b4a0be94d7399b422bbf4b09b126620a.png

I'm planning to write a longer rant post about this but since I still haven't gotten around to that yet, I could chime in here. TL;DR: This is an intentional change by SI.

This was one of the "features" introduced in FM21 where some bad 3D renders of rooms were set as backgrounds (e.g. for tactics and team talks screens) supposedly to "increase immersion"somehow by making the functional part of the screen smaller. I brought this up in the FM21 feedback thread (see attached post), but no one in SI cared; similar things were pointed by other users both in FM21 and FM22, but here we are in FM23 once again half the screen is wasted on bad 3D room renders.

My observation at this point is that SI doesn't really care about the users' actual needs and preferences nor takes in their feedback seriously when deciding on features (I wonder how many people asked for this "dynamic manager timeline" for example.); hence I'm no longer as keen to provide feedback to SI in turn as I used to be.

But, I digress: You can fix this screen manually by extracting the skin files and playing around with the values in tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml in panels\match. See the second thread I posted below for a more detailed explanation. I haven't tried it for FM23 yet, but it should work similarly.

51 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

Then you look at Arsenal and player like Saka and Martinelli seem underwhelming compared to Man utd players, and to how they've been performing irl

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

In preferences, there is something called Render Scale in relation to the match graphics, but it has no explanation with it - it should do really.

And my next question, is what is it?

So here's how it should work, based on every other 3D games implementation. If you play with a resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), and set your render scale to 200%, you are effectively making the game render the match graphics at 3840x2160 (2160p), the game then downscales the 2160p image to 1080p to fit back on your display. Effectively super-sampling the image and providing a large boost in fidelity and sharpness. In theory, it's an expensive way to do Anti-Aliasing. 

2 hours ago, stevemc said:

In preferences, there is something called Render Scale in relation to the match graphics, but it has no explanation with it - it should do really.

And my next question, is what is it?

Super sampling.

It'll render the game at whatever % (of your chosen resolution) you select. If you have a beefy PC just say it to 200% (it'll render at double you're resolution and then scale it back down giving a better image)

Alternatively if you have a weak pc you can set it below 100% and the match will render at a lower resolution but leave the UI at the chosen one

1 hour ago, Iwabik said:

14th in the league in my save and Ten Hag has been sacked, and it's only October of the first season. 

Some new chunks of experiences:

• I like the changes to dynamics and happiness. In 22 I got a lot of inbox items from my captain warning me about unhappy players. If I acted, it quickly became tedious and often had not the desired results. If I didn't, the player in question escalated the very next week. Now there is a longer grace period where the player gets the symbol but is willing to wait a bit before asking what's up, giving me time to adjust and get the problem solved the old fashioned way. Plus, they are less likely to fall for the classical "five games in, then bench again" -- They are quicker to restate their complaints.
  • Are there any AI teams that consistently use 2 MC? It seems everyone has gone to the 2DM camp. Which is nice, gives me plenty of reasons to rethink some concepts!
  • Skimming through interviews, there are a lot more answers that go on the aggressive or sassy side. But sadly behind the text they all appear to still be on the "very positive--positive--neutral--negative--very negative" scale with not much further effects. I want to have more behind that!
  • I have to play more seasons to see if I caught an outlier but the amount of goals seems to have fallen dramatically and there  are a lot more different scorers. In all three German leagues there wasn't anyone scoring more than 17 goals (Schick did 22 but that also counts his two hattricks against lower league teams in the cup) and I counted five clubs in the Bundesliga where there were at least four players with 10+ goals. Which is doubly weird because there were only three clubs with more than 50 goals total, so I guess Cup and Continental matches inflated the numbers some?
  • "Get Stuck In" and low line is a recipe for lots of penalties. One of the first instructions I removed for my basic counter tactic.
  • CMa is still fun. Thank goodness!
  • Assmans are still ridiculously annoying on the tablet. I know there is a massive hole between midfield and attack. That is deliberate!
  • The first year is a chore. Qatar just was a dumb idea. Thank goodness it will be done in 24 and hopefully there won't be a confirmed Saudi cup by then. I guess once the full game releases I will start a more longterm save and experiment less this year. Or just holiday past the first season and its congestion. Which would be a shame because I quite like and understand a lot of current squad rosters
  • The AI squad planner. I cannot decide whether it is genius or barking mad. A lot of top teams (or at least serious contenders for European places) buy players way below their standards. Nothing unusual, they were known to hoard talent just because or make unnecessary purchases for depth. But now those players actually play a serious role. And mostly it works because those players fit their role to a T or just fill someplace that their new team was missing.
  • I am absolutely in love with all the new stats.
  • Some presets don't look like what they are supposed to be. Fluid counter is mostly long passes from the back after aggressive wins of possession as the Counter-TI trumps the shortness of passes and the low mentality. I guess something similar could be found in others as well...
  • It is a lot harder to get the whole team into one social group or two satisfy everyone at team meetings compared to 22. Which is great because that actually forces players to actually manage their squad or look more closely into personalities when scouting. Hopefully a later update does something similar for fan/board expectations because so far it is pretty easy to navigate the both of them AND the press.

On 20/10/2022 at 20:22, Murraymint said:

This is why (after purchasing every single version since the Domark original) I'm holding back on this year. They battered and bullied the mods sites last year... this game without mods is not worth playing

Is that a known bug?

30 minutes ago, Piperita said:

Some new chunks of experiences:

• I like the changes to dynamics and happiness. In 22 I got a lot of inbox items from my captain warning me about unhappy players. If I acted, it quickly became tedious and often had not the desired results. If I didn't, the player in question escalated the very next week. Now there is a longer grace period where the player gets the symbol but is willing to wait a bit before asking what's up, giving me time to adjust and get the problem solved the old fashioned way. Plus, they are less likely to fall for the classical "five games in, then bench again" -- They are quicker to restate their complaints.
  • Are there any AI teams that consistently use 2 MC? It seems everyone has gone to the 2DM camp. Which is nice, gives me plenty of reasons to rethink some concepts!
  • Skimming through interviews, there are a lot more answers that go on the aggressive or sassy side. But sadly behind the text they all appear to still be on the "very positive--positive--neutral--negative--very negative" scale with not much further effects. I want to have more behind that!
  • I have to play more seasons to see if I caught an outlier but the amount of goals seems to have fallen dramatically and there  are a lot more different scorers. In all three German leagues there wasn't anyone scoring more than 17 goals (Schick did 22 but that also counts his two hattricks against lower league teams in the cup) and I counted five clubs in the Bundesliga where there were at least four players with 10+ goals. Which is doubly weird because there were only three clubs with more than 50 goals total, so I guess Cup and Continental matches inflated the numbers some?
  • "Get Stuck In" and low line is a recipe for lots of penalties. One of the first instructions I removed for my basic counter tactic.
  • CMa is still fun. Thank goodness!
  • Assmans are still ridiculously annoying on the tablet. I know there is a massive hole between midfield and attack. That is deliberate!
  • The first year is a chore. Qatar just was a dumb idea. Thank goodness it will be done in 24 and hopefully there won't be a confirmed Saudi cup by then. I guess once the full game releases I will start a more longterm save and experiment less this year. Or just holiday past the first season and its congestion. Which would be a shame because I quite like and understand a lot of current squad rosters
  • The AI squad planner. I cannot decide whether it is genius or barking mad. A lot of top teams (or at least serious contenders for European places) buy players way below their standards. Nothing unusual, they were known to hoard talent just because or make unnecessary purchases for depth. But now those players actually play a serious role. And mostly it works because those players fit their role to a T or just fill someplace that their new team was missing.
  • I am absolutely in love with all the new stats.
  • Some presets don't look like what they are supposed to be. Fluid counter is mostly long passes from the back after aggressive wins of possession as the Counter-TI trumps the shortness of passes and the low mentality. I guess something similar could be found in others as well...
  • It is a lot harder to get the whole team into one social group or two satisfy everyone at team meetings compared to 22. Which is great because that actually forces players to actually manage their squad or look more closely into personalities when scouting. Hopefully a later update does something similar for fan/board expectations because so far it is pretty easy to navigate the both of them AND the press.

What are the new stats?

4 minutes ago, 2feet said:

What are the new stats?

A lot of per 90 minutes versions of the old ones. I think besides offsides and mistakes leading to goal  everything can be seen on a per game basis now. Expected assists is something completely new. Now the stats for xG can also be filtered for penalties and key passes can be selected with and without set pieces. Possession win/lost should also be new, at least I didn't have them in my FM22 view.

3 minutes ago, Piperita said:

A lot of per 90 minutes versions of the old ones. I think besides offsides and mistakes leading to goal  everything can be seen on a per game basis now. Expected assists is something completely new. Now the stats for xG can also be filtered for penalties and key passes can be selected with and without set pieces. Possession win/lost should also be new, at least I didn't have them in my FM22 view.

Filtering out penalties and set pieces from stats is very useful, great to hear.

Can you do that on the data hub too?

And can you filter data hub according to a specific set of dates? EG filter out everything before 10 December (which was when I changed my formation)

Edited by 2feet

I don't have a club yet - I'm holidaying to try the dafuge challenge in beta - but I was looking through what happened in the first season and came across this screen:

image.thumb.png.02e37f864af22f500444f05083ce115f.png

It's a really small thing but I really, really like what has been done to polish up this screen. Probably will be more that I find that I like but this will do for now.

People are talking about FM23 not having enough new features but I am happy to pay for polish and this is polish I like. I think the pie chart showing the split is a nice idea.

The only thing I don't like? Bournemouth sold Lerma to Leicester! Blasphemy. :eek:

21 minutes ago, anagain said:

It's a really small thing but I really, really like what has been done to polish up this screen. Probably will be more that I find that I like but this will do for now.

What’s the pie charts showing though? I am not in front of my PC to check but it looks like someone decided to throw in some pie charts but added no labels. It looks like something is missing. 

14 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

What’s the pie charts showing though? I am not in front of my PC to check but it looks like someone decided to throw in some pie charts but added no labels. It looks like something is missing. 

It shows how much of the total spent/recieved is from which transfer/player. If u hover over it itll show which player each piepiece refers to (highlights in the overall list). Its a fun way to see how much a player's transfer has been in the grand scheme vs ur other transfers!

Edited by T-IceMan

I've just read on reddit that if you don't want the ring on your avatar you have to chose what finger not to have the ring on. Please tell me this isn't the case.....

EDIT: I've just loaded the game and answered my own question. What on earth is going on........ 😂

Edited by janrzm

52 minutes ago, T-IceMan said:

It shows how much of the total spent/recieved is from which transfer/player. If u hover over it itll show which player each piepiece refers to (highlights in the overall list). Its a fun way to see how much a player's transfer has been in the grand scheme vs ur other transfers!

Thanks for the clarification. 

10 hours ago, trevjim said:

I get what you are saying but that's essentially the Devs of a game saying "yeh our game is broken so just ignore the broken bits"

It's a lazy excuse. Not saying this is the case with SI but it's my inclination, considering how many people have been asking for it for years and they ignore it year on year to do UI tweaks instead 

Obviously they should try and fix it rather than just say ignore the broken bits. My point is that it's stupid to avoid doing a feature loads of people would like just to prevent a handful of people from potentially finding exploits in it. Worry about the majority of people who'd just enjoy it instead.

4 hours ago, semiki said:

I'm planning to write a longer rant post about this but since I still haven't gotten around to that yet, I could chime in here. TL;DR: This is an intentional change by SI.

This was one of the "features" introduced in FM21 where some bad 3D renders of rooms were set as backgrounds (e.g. for tactics and team talks screens) supposedly to "increase immersion"somehow by making the functional part of the screen smaller. I brought this up in the FM21 feedback thread (see attached post), but no one in SI cared; similar things were pointed by other users both in FM21 and FM22, but here we are in FM23 once again half the screen is wasted on bad 3D room renders.

My observation at this point is that SI doesn't really care about the users' actual needs and preferences nor takes in their feedback seriously when deciding on features (I wonder how many people asked for this "dynamic manager timeline" for example.); hence I'm no longer as keen to provide feedback to SI in turn as I used to be.

But, I digress: You can fix this screen manually by extracting the skin files and playing around with the values in tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml in panels\match. See the second thread I posted below for a more detailed explanation. I haven't tried it for FM23 yet, but it should work similarly.

Thanking you to save this post and remember to test this haha Thanks mate

I have seen about 20 matches and draw the following conclusions:

- I like to see more varied football, FM22 only showed passing football and here I see more variety.

- It is too easy to find space in the center and score goals with passes to the back of the defense or long passes. Most goals come from ridiculous mistakes.

- IF/IW: Same disappointment as FM22 after winter patch. They rarely run with the ball, they rarely dribble, they rarely drive the ball looking for the shot unless alone against a goalkeeper... They make good off-ball moves but tend too much to look for the pass when they should be driving the ball more and dribbling more. Maybe they cut inside a little more but I still don't see the electric and dribbling play and repeatedly facing their defender that characterizes dribblers.

I can't enjoy watching my favorite players with the ball (Vinicius Jr, Mbappé, Salah, Neymar, Kvara...) making dribbling a rare exception in their football. 

Edited by david_kax

Here's another one for the squad planner.

I ask my assistant for suggestions for the planner in a position.

image.png.5dd562cffe951a04c0bb1f0b88983538.png

I get the following message:

image.png.62449c47b23fe5ecbbe41a565a52aeb7.png

What is the point of this option if it's going to overwrite what you have done so far? How about the assistant just add names to the list that he thinks are a good option? It doesn't need to remove everyone I have added so far. This option is only good for a blank slate if it's going to wipe a list.

We could do with a 'clear list' option tbh though. Not adding players though, just clearing the list.

And what is this?

image.png.edec42aeea5c8d6b10b0b9d68ee163e6.png

I can't click on these, I've not seen them on my lists and there is no scouts opion column

Edited by anagain