*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's a beta though. Do you really want to get immerse in a beta, just 2 weeks before the full game is released?

I understand, but I’m just saying that it was broke throughout the whole of FM22 and still looks to be the same based off that screenshot from FM23…it’s clearly an issue

hace 11 horas, GOODNAME dijo:

ME looks fantastic!

See a lot of dribbles  

Really? I have seen some FM23 videos and there are very few dribbles. With the IF I have seen the same as in FM22. Excellent off ball play, poor and unrealistic with the ball facing and dribbling little and abusing the pass. Can someone help me with this? Maybe I'm wrong but the videos I've seen are disappointing in that regard. Right now I wouldn't buy FM23

6 hours ago, autohoratio said:

This Match Momentum message popped up in the lower left of the screen randomly. The bright blue is a bit jarring, is that intentional? It has a normal, much easier on the eye colour in the Touchline Tablet

image.png.dceb0e803ae177929c28507e8a6b544e.png

image.png.6be41fbd2c045e0b2ff54b4c7ec7abbb.png

I’ve experienced the exact same visual glitch. 

1 hour ago, smgers said:

That manager creation thing was a pain - I could not for the life of me work out how to remove his earring and ring!

Ended up at one point with an earring in each ear and a ring on all fingers!

It’s probably just me but it just seemed an odd way to select no earring or ring. 

How did you do it? 

2 minutes ago, Just4Downloads said:

What is the default for loaded leagues? I’ve never messed around with it tbh

Only the one you are actively managing in is full detail if I remember correctly. Some of the big tournaments like CL and the World cup has the last rounds as full, but mostly it's none to speed things up I think.

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

Only the one you are actively managing in is full detail if I remember correctly. Some of the big tournaments like CL and the World cup has the last rounds as full, but mostly it's none to speed things up I think.

1 minute ago, SeaCarrot said:

You can always change the detail level of loaded leagues and cups in the menu. 

I set the big 5 leagues to full detail always. 

Thanks.

Still very annoying though. All FMs pre FM22 had correct pass completion % regardless of detail level. 

Hopefully they find a full fix to this soon. They must of found a half fix if this year they have managed to show the correct stats for detailed leagues 

1 minute ago, Just4Downloads said:

Thanks.

Still very annoying though. All FMs pre FM22 had correct pass completion % regardless of detail level. 

Hopefully they find a full fix to this soon. They must of found a half fix if this year they have managed to show the correct stats for detailed leagues 

Yeah, I hope they fix it, and I expect them to work for it, I know they really want the stats on the ME and QME to be very similar, so hopefully they can do it before release. It's not AS crucial as for the full detail leagues, but it messes up things if you want to use statistics from non-managed leagues to bring in player for example. At least it's a step up from last year! :D 

Ok its far fetch but I am very desperate at the moment.

I’ve installed the beta about one hour ago, pressed play and went to get something to eat. I got back and saw my pc with ‘your computer restarted because of a problem’ and since then it’s been in a loop. Can’t do anything! 
Surely it can’t be the game?

3 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Played  all night  and I can say that current beta is much worse then FM22.

Defending is so bad even with world class's central defenders!

Very poor job for now!

Very constructive.

basically this is code for: “I am losing and I don’t like it”

Last time I checked, great defenders sometimes defend terribly. The game has to simulate this possibility ne probability. 

(this year ref: VVD, koulibaly, 100m full back on Trent etc)

Only played a couple of hours.

Nothing "wrong" with it as such, but it's probably the least improved/different version we have ever had.

I think the squad planner will actually be a bit of a chore to the point I won't use it.

Press and player interactions are still tedious and nonsensical.

Player "I want to leave when my contract expires"

Manager "anything I can do to pursuade you to stay?"

Players storms out angrily.

Whats the point of these? They were added to increase immersion but are so broken that they actually detract from it.

CL license is nice.

Match engine still seems heavily favoured to high pressing width. I don't mind it swaying that way a bit because that's part realistic, bit its too heavily favoured on it. Makes any other tactics pointless really.

Really sad that things like Set prices and AI Squad building get neglected each year

10 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I don't know what others think but I do like the fact that 4231 is now more played with 2 DM's, however the issue seems to be that SI didn't change anything to have more people be able to play that DM position.

A lot of the CM guys should IRL be able to play RPM from that DM position, but in FM they have no familiarity with that position. So they made the turn towards making the 4231 a more DM oriented tactic (which will be a very popular formation, also for AI teams), but they didn't change anything to who can play DM, so which in fact means those positions will need to be filled in with the smaller pool of DM's and the large CM (c) pool is left behind because a lot of AI manager won't need them anymore

If they have the attributes you need, just play a CM in the DM position 👍.  Over time they’ll adapt their positional familiarity however the right attributes, a decent tactic, how you manage things and the players around them will more than compensate for any loss of positional familiarity.

Beta is awesome..

To be honest when announced, at first i did not care uefa licence too much.. but when i played game,  i saw uefa licence so well implement to game and cl song really add huge enjoyable ambience to cl matches.. i felt like i am jürgen klopp :) i also liked new match engine animations.

Of course there will be some bugs etc. But this year fm 23 is looking really good.. thank you developers.

So far, I'm very happy. The Scouting Centre is very good and feels more like it would in real life. The match engine is unusually refined for the Beta version, aside from a few issues with screens hanging (which have been noted and reported elsewhere I see) it feels like it's ready for release. Intending on spending more time with it and will hopefully be able to provide fuller feedback next week. A a beta it's a strong 9/10 so far. 

# of downloads doesn't necessarily reflect quality though.

Lots of people still want to just click and win and a huge share of downloadable tactics still have questionable, exploitative quirks to them. Maybe the ME is finally being tuned to dilute the effectiveness of over aggressive systems at long last.

il y a 33 minutes, Meraklija Vujevic a dit :

Played  all night  and I can say that current beta is much worse then FM22.

Defending is so bad even with world class's central defenders!

Very poor job for now!

May be it's  because the ME has changed, so the good old tricks are not working (or are not as efficient) anymore ?

Conceeded my self a lot of goals during the friendlies and then, the more i tweaked my tactic, the less i'm conceeding now

This ME, seems to me completely new, tactical wise

Possession wise and defending wise, it's not as plug and play than last version, especially with a gegenpress set up

Edited by nico_france

Penalties. My word, the penalties.
Played 10 matches, after taking over a team in the Swedish 2nd Division.
7 of them have had penalties in them, for one team or another...or both.

Isn't it a bit excessive?

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Not sure if this is intended or not, but scouted a bunch of players on the transfer list and every single scout report comes back showing transfer value as "not for sale"

This is an issue we are aware of and it is being worked on. 

2 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

This is an issue we are aware of and it is being worked on. 

Are you able to elaborate a little on this, is it a visual bug and the players aren't actually not for sale? Or are other teams just extra unwilling to sell at the moment. 

Hi, Cant seem to find where you report data errors. For example if a player has gotten a extra number in his wages. Found two in Norway Marius Lode - Bodø/Glimt and Dario Canadija - Aalesund that have wages over double the rest of the league. Or has these forums not opened yet?

1 minute ago, Mrd said:

Hi, Cant seem to find where you report data errors. For example if a player has gotten a extra number in his wages. Found two in Norway Marius Lode - Bodø/Glimt and Dario Canadija - Aalesund that have wages over double the rest of the league. Or has these forums not opened yet?

In the Bug Tracker - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

Your specific issue will be under Norway Database/Research issues : https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/norway-data-issues/

This is my first year returning to FM since FM20. I finally have some spare time in between work and a young family to start picking this up again.

I just had a couple of questions about the beta:

- Are there any limitations to how long you can play? I seem to remember in previous versions the beta was restricted to allowing you to play one season but I may be wrong.

- Is there still a way to transfer the beta save over to the full game upon release?

Nice one 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, PaulG_1990 said:

This is my first year returning to FM since FM20. I finally have some spare time in between work and a young family to start picking this up again.

- Are there any limitations to how long you can play? I seem to remember in previous versions the beta was restricted to allowing you to play one season but I may be wrong.

- Is there still a way to transfer the beta save over to the full game upon release?

Nice one 👍🏻

No limitations. You might be thinking of the demo.
You can continue your save from the beta to the full game.

Edited by roykela

1 minute ago, PaulG_1990 said:

Nice one 👍🏻

There are no limitations on how long you play for. I think only the demo has a 1 season limit

Saves usually transfer over but sometimes updates can affect saves  

Outgoing Loans seem borked, or at least odd.

Rennes offered a 20K monthly fee, 20k Non playing monthy fee, 40% of Wages, 7.5 Million Manditory Clause and another 3 Million in Installments. I negotiate an additional 10% of wages (about 5 Grand per week) and their Counter offer dropped to Something like 10K monthy, 20 % of wages as well as a reduced Upfront fee and Installments. Like, TOTALLY in the other direction, nearly 3 million less then their original offer for the sake of ~£240000

I get "Negotiating" but they totally seemed to go on one. Just refuse the additional 10%? Accept the 10% and try a cheeky 1 million off the Future fee?

Oh and the "Undo" button doesnt seem to work?

Edited by KillYourIdols

Nice one Johnny/Roy - Think you’re both right and Im getting confused with the demo.

Will hopefully be up and running on it soon. Expecting quite a lot has changed since FM20 and having looked at the comments here I think I will use the beta to get up to speed on those new features before full release.

5 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Outgoing Loans seem borked, or at least odd.

Rennes offered a 20K monthly fee, 20k Non playing monthy fee, 40% of Wages, 7.5 Million Manditory Clause and another 3 Million in Installments. I negotiate an additional 10% of wages (about 5 Grand per week) and their Counter offer dropped to Something like 10K monthy, 20 % of wages as well as a reduced Upfront fee and Installments. Like, TOTALLY in the other direction, nearly 3 million less then their original offer for the sake of ~£240000

I get "Negotiating" but they totally seemed to go on one. Just refuse the additional 10%? Accept the 10% and try a cheeky 1 million off the Future fee?

Oh and the "Undo" button doesnt seem to work?

Loans are the only time I save scum. Always save before negotiating one as the logic is absolute shambles. 

Not very far in yet (still playing friendlies), but haven't met a bug yet.  Squad planner seems a decent addition, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it.  Think it would be more useful if you could pop it out into a second window so that you could reference it when you were on other screens like tactics or scouting.  Maybe I just need to get used to it.

ME feels similar to FM22 in terms of balance so far, but, as someone earlier in the thread said, it seems looser.  It feels like the ball isn't running between players on tramlines quite as much.  Seen a few new goalkeeper animations that are looking good and a few outfield animations that I haven't seen before as well.  Need to get into competitive matches to really get a feel for this year's ME.

Won't play seriously with the recruitment until the January window.  

Looking forward to hitting my first European match to see what the UEFA license has delivered.

So far so good with the ME as some of the build up play looks very good and nice interchanges between full backs and midfield players, some great interception and goalkeeping animations and some of the goals scored seem to have better animation especially a ball over the top onto the chest with a first time volley., looked very nice the first time i saw it.

Not sure about the squad builder yet but overall the game seems to play faster even with 70,000 players and a good start from the SI team.