FM on Steam Deck

8 minutes ago, gpassosbh said:

Hello,

Does anyone knows if I can run FM on Steam Deck? If anyone one owns one, is it good to play FM thinking in portability? Can I use third party DB on it, just like in windows notebook?

Thanks,

You can check the list of games verified to run well on Steam Decks here: https://www.steamdeck.com/en/verified
Or check the games in your Steam Library: https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

This is the compatability rating for FM22, so I think FM23 will be fine too:

image.png.678ca07a976fd1da6019293c5ecb10f2.png

3 hours ago, hm86 said:

Hopefully it works well. I need to find a fast way to move graphics from laptop to the Steam Deck. SSH seems to take an age.

I used Warpinator, install it on both machines and it's very easy to use.

1 hour ago, rich10 said:

I used Warpinator, install it on both machines and it's very easy to use.

I tried this but the connectivity seemed iffy, the file tranfer would start then either the laptop or deck would suddenly go offline despite other web based apps working fine.

1 hour ago, gpassosbh said:

If you guys test FM23 Beta and works well, please let me know. I will buy one, but I need this confirmation first.

Thanks.

It works fine, exactly the same as FM22. I only started a brief save to check then shut it down.

20 hours ago, hm86 said:

Hopefully it works well. I need to find a fast way to move graphics from laptop to the Steam Deck. SSH seems to take an age.

KDE connect might work for you but it can look confusing 

I went back and tried Warpinator and it worked great. I think KDE Connect would be too confusing. I might revisit it though, thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by hm86

On 20/10/2022 at 18:54, asurob said:

I play it on mine...no issues....

How's the text input on it? I find with FM22 if I try to search, I can bring up the keyboard but can't type anything. Only game it seems to happen on. Hoping it's okay with FM23

12 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Miss the last days conversation.

So, it is possible to use third party graphics in Steam Deck? 

As Wayne asked above, how many leagues you can run?

Yes it's possible to add custom graphics (I have, just google it and I think its an FM scout site that carries the instructions), a bit fiddly due to the nature of Linux's file system and the fact you're not using a mouse by default.

I can run 12 nations with a large database, with all default leagues selected, and it gives me a 2 star rating. I actually prefer it to run a bit slower because it allows me to read the various updates it gives you on the game world (contract renewals, transfer business, job insecurities etc..) as the days tick by.

On 24/10/2022 at 18:10, benjawi. said:

How's the text input on it? I find with FM22 if I try to search, I can bring up the keyboard but can't type anything. Only game it seems to happen on. Hoping it's okay with FM23

That issue still exists, best thing to do is use the 3 dot menu on right side of the Steam Deck and bring up the keyboard that way. There are workarounds available but I find this way ok for now.

Excuse my naivety on this, but when run on Steam Deck is it the full game, or is it a stripped down version? 

I assume it is full as from what I am reading there is steam cloud compatibility, and that you can play saves across both Deck and PC?

2 hours ago, Leftred said:

Excuse my naivety on this, but when run on Steam Deck is it the full game, or is it a stripped down version? 

I assume it is full as from what I am reading there is steam cloud compatibility, and that you can play saves across both Deck and PC?

It’s the full game. You can watch lollujo’s video about it on YouTube (the most recent video)

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 18:41, Simsimmabrfc85 said:

I like the option to continue my save from PC to handheld. 

I didn't know that was possible. How do you do that? If logos or other add-ons are loaded on the PC will they be on the steam deck save? I tried to d/l files to the steam deck directly but couldn't find the FM folder to save them to when searching the steam deck on dolphin.