5 subs rule

48 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

It'd better be! Will be requesting a refund otherwise. I'm still annoyed it wasn't included last year.

For the premier league at least, it was only confirmed that they would be using it for 22/23 onwards after data lock for the final update. Leagues and comps with 5 subs could still make 5 subs. The Carabao Cup has it for example.

10 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

For the premier league at least, it was only confirmed that they would be using it for 22/23 onwards after data lock for the final update. Leagues and comps with 5 subs could still make 5 subs. The Carabao Cup has it for example.

I was talking about the new CL format, that's the one I care about. I'll be editing leagues anyway so could change sub rules if I wanted regardless.

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I was talking about the new CL format, that's the one I care about. I'll be editing leagues anyway so could change sub rules if I wanted regardless.

Yeah. I should probably read what you quoted :rolleyes:

I’m not 100% on when the confirmation came out on that to be honest. But it was in time to make 23. The licence deal should help with that too.

On 13/10/2022 at 12:13, Stevo_99 said:

Will the new 5 subs rule be applied for all leagues and cup competitions on the new release? 

I expect they will be but there are rumours no changes have been made to the game.

I would suggest not to listen to rumours.

Why would SI ignore a real-life rule in the game? If it happens in the competition IRL, you bet FM will also have it...

1 hour ago, hrmantovani said:

They could add a 5 subs option on the pre-game setup just below those "Disable attribute masking" and "Prevent in-game editor", so the player decides on the amount of subs... As a youth development addict I really hope we get 5 subs!

Doesn't make sense. As a LLM I'm used to rising through the leagues and joining different cup competitions that have different rules, including the number of subs.

3 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

They could add a 5 subs option on the pre-game setup just below those "Disable attribute masking" and "Prevent in-game editor", so the player decides on the amount of subs... As a youth development addict I really hope we get 5 subs!

You’ll get 5 subs in the competitions that have 5 subs. Like @phnompenhandy says, doesn’t make sense to create a blanket rule from game setup

Em 16/10/2022 em 04:49, phnompenhandy disse:

Doesn't make sense. As a LLM I'm used to rising through the leagues and joining different cup competitions that have different rules, including the number of subs.

Em 16/10/2022 em 07:13, gunner86 disse:

You’ll get 5 subs in the competitions that have 5 subs. Like @phnompenhandy says, doesn’t make sense to create a blanket rule from game setup

You are right, it doesn't actually make sense! It's just a personal preference, 5 subs makes easier to give playing time to my newgens and I'm too lazy to manually change the subs. Probably need to wait for the editor files to come