Is there any hope in wishing for a better financial system this year?

As android has been ignored in regard to FMT, FMM will be my only option. 

I'm really hoping that most teams will only get a percentage of transfer money they bring in, as it makes the game far more challenging and keeps things fresh 

I was at Annan Athletic in the bottom division in Scotland, but had £23 million to spend, after 6 seasons. Saying 'just don't spend the money' isn't really the point 

Someone on Reddit was complaining that the game was too 'goddam easy' as he was winning European trophies with Wrexham, but screenshots showed he had Haaland, Mbappe and Foden in his starting 11, and had spent over £850 million on his squad 

I know that the (very) tired line is that the game is designed to 'pick up and play', but people can still do that, if they can't spend hundreds of millions after a few seasons 

I noticed that too. Switched from Touch to Mobile. Managing Fiorentina in Serie A and after the season I got lots of transfer funds and wage budget also increased significantly. It felt nice at the time(so I could buy new top players) but then after second season again got lots of transfer funds and now I don't know what to do with it 🤔Just doesn't feel right to keep buying superstars so I bought some overpaid wonderkid regen youngsters. Anyway long story short maybe this could be tweaked? What's the formula for getting transfer funds every year? 

• SI Staff

I was at Annan Athletic in the bottom division in Scotland, but had £23 million to spend, after 6 seasons. Saying 'just don't spend the money' isn't really the point

If you're at Annan and have a $23m budget then can you explain how that is? - did you sell players and accumulate that much money or did you have sugar daddy on?

If you had sugar daddy on then simply turn it off, if you sold players and accumulated 23m while in the lowest scottish league then that sounds like a bug/exploit and I'd like to fix it if you can give me more details (and perhaps a save game?).

12 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If you're at Annan and have a $23m budget then can you explain how that is? - did you sell players and accumulate that much money or did you have sugar daddy on?

If you had sugar daddy on then simply turn it off, if you sold players and accumulated 23m while in the lowest scottish league then that sounds like a bug/exploit and I'd like to fix it if you can give me more details (and perhaps a save game?).

It was through player sales, that's why I asked if it'd be possible to only get a percentage of fees back to spend on your squad, as happens in FMT 

I was only signing players under 20, and bringing in players who'd been released by bigger clubs, to keep my save interesting, but it got to the point that I was getting offers for most of them in each transfer window, and selling them was only option as they, understandably, wouldn't sign new contracts 

By the January transfer window during my 6th season I had the £23 million available 

I don't have a save sorry, I quit that, as it was annoying me 

Edited by SaintPaul

• SI Staff
21 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

It was through player sales, that's why I asked if it'd be possible to only get a percentage of fees back to spend on your squad, as happens in FMT 

I was only signing players under 20, and bringing in players who'd been released by bigger clubs, to keep my save interesting, but it got to the point that I was getting offers for most of them in each transfer window, and selling them was only option as they, understandably, wouldn't sign new contracts 

By the January transfer window during my 6th season I had the £23 million available 

I don't have a save sorry, I quit that, as it was annoying me 

What price were you getting for them out of interest?  - I'll consider percentage of sell-on for a future version (far too late for this years I'm afraid), but I want to make sure its needed before I do something like that as I try and keep math out of the game as much as possible* ;)

*I actually love math, its one of the few things I'm good at - but I'm aware that most people don't :D

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

What price were you getting for them out of interest?  - I'll consider percentage of sell-on for a future version (far too late for this years I'm afraid), but I want to make sure its needed before I do something like that as I try and keep math out of the game as much as possible* ;)

*I actually love math, its one of the few things I'm good at - but I'm aware that most people don't :D

Just over £11 million came in for 5 players combined, because the same thing kept happening, a Premiership team in Scotland would outbid an original offer, usually from a team in the bottom half of the English Championship, Hull were always amongst the bidders, and that kept pushing the prices up 

I signed Mckenzie Carse after his release by Celtic and he was far too good for the league, Aberdeen and Reading made offers and I ended up with £3.2 million for him alone. 

The vast majority of sales were under £1 million, but as I say, I was losing lots of players each transfer window, which is why I was still in the bottom division 6 seasons in. Ayr Utd Raith Rovers and Queens Park bought decent players often, but again prices went crazy when big Scottish teams and lesser Championship sides wanted someone 

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Just over £11 million came in for 5 players combined, because the same thing kept happening, a Premiership team in Scotland would outbid an original offer, usually from a team in the bottom half of the English Championship, Hull were always amongst the bidders, and that kept pushing the prices up 

I signed Mckenzie Carse after his release by Celtic and he was far too good for the league, Aberdeen and Reading made offers and I ended up with £3.2 million for him alone. 

The vast majority of sales were under £1 million, but as I say, I was losing lots of players each transfer window, which is why I was still in the bottom division 6 seasons in. Ayr Utd Raith Rovers and Queens Park bought decent players often, but again prices went crazy when big Scottish teams and lesser Championship sides wanted someone 

I'll have a think about this and look into things - the competition for transfers should be tightened up a bit more this version so it should be a tad harder for you (as a small club) to secure quite so many prospects, long-term I'll consider a 'percentage of sell-on' - but its a tad late to do something that major for this years version.

22 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll have a think about this and look into things - the competition for transfers should be tightened up a bit more this version so it should be a tad harder for you (as a small club) to secure quite so many prospects, long-term I'll consider a 'percentage of sell-on' - but its a tad late to do something that major for this years version.

Thanks, it's good things should be tougher this year then, as the relegation play off in Scotland's league two has already added a bit more of a challenge 

I personally think that in mobile game no matter what at the begining of every season the clubs get waaaaay to much money no matter what.

If i am to be asked i would cut it in half of what is programmed by game. I understand it for clubs like PSG or Man City etc etc. But i get huuudge funds as Nica, Monaco, Calgary, San Sebastian etc etc. Its very unrealistic and it kills the game (among the other things) in second season. 

Think about making the formula where clubs outside super rich clubs get only 50% of what they get today please.

7 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

I've never had huge amounts of money in my second season outside any teams from any top flight lol

Latest save as OGC Nice second season transfer budget is 45 milion euros and Wage budget 859k euros per week. I think its waaaay too much and unrealistic and should be cut in half at least the transfer budget.

Screenshot_2022-10-10-16-07-47-625_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

Latest save as OGC Nice second season transfer budget is 45 milion euros and Wage budget 859k euros per week. I think its waaaay too much and unrealistic and should be cut in half at least the transfer budget.

Screenshot_2022-10-10-16-07-47-625_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

How did you do in the first season? Nice spent a net of €37m this season.

Source: Transfermarkt

• SI Staff
34 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I was second in my first season.

Did you make a profit or loss with your transfers that season? - as that can affect the budgets quite a bit if you're frugal during a season then it affects the next ones budget obviously.

3 hours ago, Zoot said:

I was second in my first season.

Given Champions League football leads to an influx of cash, I’d suggest that an additional €7m Euros over real life is quite stringent.

Nice are heavily backed by a rich British owner who tried to buy Chelsea and Man United too, so in my opinion this is realistic.

I do agree more financial depth would be great, however, I don’t want it like FM as it would be overkill in a game that the reviews say is already too complicated tactically.

Edited by Declan Barry

• 2 weeks later...

I played FMT for a few years in the mid-10's and found that you could get a VNL club up to league one, but then you stall out financially. That is realistic, but a bit less fun than taking your bottom of the barrel club all the way to European glory, as you can do in FMM. To me, it is a bit of a trade-off between fantasy and realism. Everyone falls in a different place along that spectrum in terms of what they are looking for out of the game.