Avg rating stat

When viewing Average rating stats under Player stats it'd be nice to include some check box for "Qualified only". Right now there are some players who only played few games got some 8's and are sitting on top of that ranking. I guess there should be some percentage of games played in place to avoid that. 

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Invisible Witness said:

When viewing Average rating stats under Player stats it'd be nice to include some check box for "Qualified only". Right now there are some players who only played few games got some 8's and are sitting on top of that ranking. I guess there should be some percentage of games played in place to avoid that. 

There is a minimum requirement for display on most competitions - the ones which generally look 'odd' are those where someone might only play a handful of matches - for example in the FA Cup some non-league clubs might play as many matches as Premiership players because they start at a really early point before being knocked out ... thus they might still top the scoring charts at the competition end etc. despite having only played in 3-4 matches.

If you can give me details of the issues you see (competition, player, number of matches - number of matches actually played in competition as a whole etc.) then I'm happy to continue tuning/tweaking this.

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There is a minimum requirement for display on most competitions - the ones which generally look 'odd' are those where someone might only play a handful of matches - for example in the FA Cup some non-league clubs might play as many matches as Premiership players because they start at a really early point before being knocked out ... thus they might still top the scoring charts at the competition end etc. despite having only played in 3-4 matches.

If you can give me details of the issues you see (competition, player, number of matches - number of matches actually played in competition as a whole etc.) then I'm happy to continue tuning/tweaking this.

Serie A, third season, 18 games played. The leader Andrea Consigli has only played in 4 games or 3rd placed Mulattieri played only 6 games. 

IMG_20221007_165125.jpg

IMG_20221007_165343.jpg

IMG_20221007_165420.jpg

IMG_20221007_165456.jpg

• SI Staff

What do you think a minimum number of games should be at that stage for the average rating? - happy to look at tweaking this, but need feedback and advice as I don't want to go too far the other way either.

50 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

What do you think a minimum number of games should be at that stage for the average rating? - happy to look at tweaking this, but need feedback and advice as I don't want to go too far the other way either.

I think 50%  will do without going too far and at the same time enough games played to be part of that ranking to give us a better idea who the best players are and avoid seeing "fringe" players up there. 

• SI Staff

Yeah I'm afraid I agree with Matias, if a league has 46 matches then requiring a player to play 23 will cut out an awful lot of people ... it's also worth considering that this has to be something that is dynamic and updates as the game plays, ie. after 4 matches the required figure should be different (and the percentage required probably different) thn when 10 have been played and 30 have been played.

Ok at present it required you to have played in 25% of matches - I'm upping that to 40%, with the exception of early on when it'll be 50% for the first 8 matches.

So:
Matches played - required to be shown
1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 1
4 - 2
6 - 3
8 - 4
10 - 4
20 - 8
30 - 12

So for the 18 shown it'd require 7 matches to be played to be valid (so cut out the examples you showed).

Does that seem reasonable?