Player Condition

Is there any way to train players (maybe by focusing on stamina?) so that their conditioning is better and they can play more matches before showing up as exhausted in the medical centre? I tend to play with a small squad and we’ve suffered from some exhaustion problems later in the season and was wondering what I can do to avoid this without having a bloated squad. 

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, lcutini said:

Is there any way to train players (maybe by focusing on stamina?) so that their conditioning is better and they can play more matches before showing up as exhausted in the medical centre? I tend to play with a small squad and we’ve suffered from some exhaustion problems later in the season and was wondering what I can do to avoid this without having a bloated squad. 

If you want your players to be able to maximise their playing time then train stamina as you've guessed, also making sure you have at least one decent fitness coach and good physios and facilities will help somewhat.

I'd also recommend subbing players who are tiring off towards the end of a match so they can get a little rest, doing this will lower their wear and tear from playing repeated matches somewhat (so rest them the last 15-20 minutes or whatever if you're comfortable).