The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, richiewhelo said:

Really hope Tom FM is wrong!!!

The last couple of years it's been closer to 3 weeks, so there's every chance he could be.  The thing to remember is even the well known FM content creators are just working on assumptions with these things.  Tom's just being careful to not say anything that people can try to hold against him later.

Just now, MrCoolboy said:

Lol I'm surprised why there's such a discussion here. There was a leak a few days ago and because of that content creator like Bustthenet who'd know from SI confirmed it's on the 20th. Thought that would be common knowledge.

This thread happens every year, and is mostly gifs and silliness with a small smattering of actual beta release speculation.  The mods kind of allow us to get silly with gifs and things, which is usually frowned upon and technically against the forum rules, as long as it's consigned to a single thread.

1 minute ago, MrCoolboy said:

Lol I'm surprised why there's such a discussion here. There was a leak a few days ago and because of that content creator like Bustthenet who'd know from SI confirmed it's on the 20th. Thought that would be common knowledge.

Where did BTN say this? big fan of his

Gerade eben schrieb kevhamster:

This thread happens every year, and is mostly gifs and silliness with a small smattering of actual beta release speculation.  The mods kind of allow us to get silly with gifs and things, which is usually frowned upon and technically against the forum rules, as long as it's consigned to a single thread.

Yeah cool but that discussion is still based on debating and making fun about these updates and other hints. Now it's just been confirmed by a creator so I thought everybody is aware.

5 minutes ago, MrCoolboy said:

This is a long tradition. We are here every year and have been a long time now 🙂

hace 2 minutos, autohoratio dijo:

The beta has been released a few days early in the past few years, though. "Up to two weeks" is SI not wanting to overpromise and underdeliver.

This.

Several pages before someone collected all the release dates, and there's only one or two that were fourteen days before the official release. And never less than fourteen days before.

This doesn't means that it will be out today, but it reflects very little knowledge about the usual dynamics of Sigames.

8 minutes ago, MrCoolboy said:

Content creators don't know when the beta is released

10 minutes ago, MrCoolboy said:

So what you are saying is, that its coming... today? :hammer:

Surprises me how many people (even YouTubers whose income is due to playing the game) are completely oblivious that SI themselves say "Roughly 2 weeks before" and not "Exactly 2 weeks before" and unable to check that previous years have been between 2-3 weeks before the actual release date.

All the signs point towards today and I feel like many of us have been checking this thread long enough to know the signs when they appear.

Just a side note on the YouTuber topic. Football manager has some of the lowest-quality YouTubers that dedicate the channel to a particular game.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MrCoolboy:

@Rashidi?

5 minutes ago, we88y said:

Surprises me how many people (even YouTubers whose income is due to playing the game) are completely oblivious that SI themselves say "Roughly 2 weeks before" and not "Exactly 2 weeks before" and unable to check that previous years have been between 2-3 weeks before the actual release date.

All the signs point towards today and I feel like many of us have been checking this thread long enough to know the signs when they appear.

Just a side note on the YouTuber topic. Football manager has some of the lowest-quality YouTubers that dedicate the channel to a particular game.

Latter point is sadly correct. Being a fairly niche sphere in the gaming world probably doesn't help. Bar a couple I'm doubting their income is much more than a lower/minimum wage. 

Mad avenue to take to do it full time unless you've really taken off (Zealand etc)

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

My only hope is that Liz Truss isn't in charge of pushing the button

Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

Be glad us Germans are not responsible for button-pushing duty. One party would only agree to pushing the button if they get their program past the other two parties. One party would be fundamentally opposed to button-pressing of any kind but would relent for the sake of responsibility. And the third party would either choose the worst option on principle or would conveniently forget to actually do the pressing.

From the opposition one party would make thinly veiled statements about those foreigners making the button still be unpressed (which was of course never meant to be taken this way). Another would be more blatant about that whereas the third would thunder and bellow and not say that those "others" are at fault but that nonetheless the solutions of the other parties are meant to be taken. Only not because those parties are wrong and that was the statement of a single rogue member of parliament. Which they keep pushing in front of the cameras and the parliamentary chamber.

27 minutes ago, MrCoolboy said:

Love being quoted out of context, I said rumour has it, it might drop and if it does I will be live,  if it doesnt I have to wait. Funny how that turns into "its confirmed".  And i've been saying its either 20 or 21st now for around a month :-)