The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an update from the postal service. The earliest timeframe for my new laptop to arrive is in about two-and-a-half hours with a four hour buffer. I expect the beta to drop on the earlier part of that zone to maximise the time I can't decide between anxiously waiting and starting the game on the old system.

Actually, that was a lie. I will play as soon as possible. I have lists and views and tactics and schedules to create. And Calc-sheets to update for derived stats the game refuses to calculate.

Just now, Piperita said:

Just got an update from the postal service. The earliest timeframe for my new laptop to arrive is in about two-and-a-half hours with a four hour buffer. I expect the beta to drop on the earlier part of that zone to maximise the time I can't decide between anxiously waiting and starting the game on the old system.

Actually, that was a lie. I will play as soon as possible. I have lists and views and tactics and schedules to create. And Calc-sheets to update for derived stats the game refuses to calculate.

what are these derived stats the game refuses to calculate.

3 minutes ago, Piperita said:

As someone who is terrible for training. Can I have your schedules please? :)

Just now, nunch98 said:

what are these derived stats the game refuses to calculate.

For example per 90 minute stats for CCC, xG, mistakes and maybe crosses and key passes (not too sure about the latter two). Fouls per card, percentage of successful passes that are key passes, passes per touch, xG per shot (and probably now xA per key pass), key passes that count as CCC.

6 minutes ago, Piperita said:

image.gif.33e430c0a9a48c7b83a1c2ac3f76ce8b.gif

1 minute ago, Piperita said:

For example per 90 minute stats for CCC, xG, mistakes and maybe crosses and key passes (not too sure about the latter two). Fouls per card, percentage of successful passes that are key passes, passes per touch, xG per shot (and probably now xA per key pass), key passes that count as CCC.

may do the same, although i started liking possession adjusted stats

3 minutes ago, gaz da man 2004 said:

Sme here this is the 27th version I've bought 

Same here… remembering that Blackburn team I took over of Shearer and Sutton. Didn’t the CM2 Italy come out not long after that?

Wasn't gonna buy FM23 since I've only played FM22 about 460 hours. Had almost forgot about FM23 and then all of a sudden I decided to visit this thread... so now FM23 is pre-ordered and Beta is arriving today according to several comments on Steam.

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

Wasn't gonna buy FM23 since I've only played FM22 about 460 hours. Had almost forgot about FM23 and then all of a sudden I decided to visit this thread... so now FM23 is pre-ordered and Beta is arriving today according to several comments on Steam.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

which have all come from here :)

2 minutes ago, Emozil said:

As someone who is terrible for training. Can I have your schedules please? :)

Can't give you any screenshots, laptop's too old to handle the game and a browser (and paint.net is right out).

Training always depends a bit on what you have and what you want. For me my first rule is that my youth teams and my younger members in the first teams quickly get the stats to get a seamless transition into the first team and can contribute.

For me that resulted in my "Youth Training"-schedule that I also sprinkle in once or twice a month into my senior team. Essentially it just uses up all the modules that increase "Individual Attributes.
Mon: Ground Defense, Aerial Defense, Match Practice
Tue:  Chance Conversion, Chance Creation, Match Practice
Wed: 2*modules from the goalkeeping tab, Defensive Movement
Thu: 2*Tactical training (Either 2* the generic one or one of each Shadow Play), Attacking Movement
Fri: Physical, Rest, Match Preview
Sat: Match
Sun: Recovery, Rest, Match Review. Once familiarity is maxed, I may switch to some more tactical training as mentals are the most important to me. 

This really gives them the firepower to excel in their roles and positions early, giving me players with second-to-third league ability scores that can easily play part in the first team as their key skills are well developed.

My second schedule is used not that often but I try to get it in at least once every two month and a shortened version in crowded weeks. It is essentially just picking the generic modules. Back when the system started, I only used them and that gave me nice rounded players and particularly my top-tier midfielders became absolute marvels. If all else fails, "Outfield-Attack-Defense"x3 or "Outfield-Outfield-Possession"x3, "Goalkeeping-Tactical-Tactical", "Physical" gets the job done. Plus, it rounds off the one-sided development-to-main from my youth schedule.

My third is based mostly on my style of play and depends on stats that are important to me. My three most modules (behind Match Practice which is just great and the two match-preps on Attack/defense (80% individual in two slots is still pretty good!) are Ball Distribution (good spread for offensive players), Transition-Press (equally trains defense and offense, good attributes) and the odd Endurance here and there (few attributes trained but the elusive "Natural Fitness" is one of them). As for the defensive side, I currently lack a classical go-to. The Ground Defense-Aerial Defense combo is always nice and "Defending Engaged" fits a more aggressive side.