The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

****, my first save is always going to be ManUtd...Will I be able to correct the name if I start the save with the wrong name or I need to apply the fix before starting the save? In which case I'll have to wait for the fix...

Here's the thing with this. Everywhere I read regarding this, people always say:

"For the name fix to take place, you need to start a new save"

but that's just not true. I'm not sure where this myth originated from, but I've done the name fix mid-save and it's always worked fine.

1 minute ago, SMV90 said:

Here's the thing with this. Everywhere I read regarding this, people always say:

"For the name fix to take place, you need to start a new save"

but that's just not true. I'm not sure where this myth originated from, but I've done the name fix mid-save and it's always worked fine.

For it to work fully you need a new save, you can make it work mid save but it gets rid of nicknames. Depends how much of an issue that is for you.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

For it to work fully you need a new save, you can make it work mid save but it gets rid of nicknames. Depends how much of an issue that is for you.

See, I feel like you've fed into this myth.

When I've done a change mid-save, it's changed everything I wanted it to: Brazilian names, German team, UEFA comps, the Man UFC name.

Not sure what else I've wanted changing that it didn't change.

Just now, SMV90 said:

See, I feel like you've fed into this myth.

When I've done a change mid-save, it's changed everything I wanted it to: Brazilian names, German team, UEFA comps, the Man UFC name.

Not sure what else I've wanted changing that it didn't change.

It’s not a myth. It fixes the names fine but it removes club nicknames is all. If you’ve not noticed it, then it’s obviously not an issue for you. Truth be told, not really an issue for me either, but it is there.

8 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It’s not a myth. It fixes the names fine but it removes club nicknames is all. If you’ve not noticed it, then it’s obviously not an issue for you. Truth be told, not really an issue for me either, but it is there.

Can't say I have noticed, brother. Then again, I don't do nicknames for anything, so maybe that's why.

5 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

still no page 53 c'mon guys who is day shift :D:D:D:D:D

Night shift did a poor job. If they had the same commitment as us on the day team, we'd be smashing it.