The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I think the match engine looks better than ever. The graphics engine however is a bit… what’s the polite term… bad.

I still play with the little coloured circles, it boils my urine seeing some of the goalkeeper animations using 3D

7 minuti fa, Cometdude ha scritto:

I still play with the little coloured circles, it boils my urine seeing some of the goalkeeper animations using 3D

Check out last nights video from doctorbenjy, goalkeeper animations look much much beta

5 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

So, a question for @KillYourIdols, @kiingallen , @zachalxnder and anyone else in here thinking of doing an Arsenal save. What are you thinking in terms of tactics?

I can’t decide between a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Or quite figure out how to get Zinchenko’s role reflected in game.

With Tierney and Zinchenki I'd be considering a 5 at the back with attacking wingbacks

15 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Check out last nights video from doctorbenjy, goalkeeper animations look much much beta

Funnily enough I did notice that, they don't seem to do the 'stand there and do nothing' pose quite as much.

42 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

So, a question for @KillYourIdols, @kiingallen , @zachalxnder and anyone else in here thinking of doing an Arsenal save. What are you thinking in terms of tactics?

I can’t decide between a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Or quite figure out how to get Zinchenko’s role reflected in game.

Do you not get bored playing with a good team with a good transfer budget ? I personally can't play with a team like Arsenal (whom I support) 

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Getting that Zinchenko role, where he covers a Maurading Xhaka, is going to be key.

I have the joy of working today, tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Doesn't really matter when it releases for me, as I'll have limited time playing it.

I do finish at 6pm tonight though, so a 6pm-7pm release wouldn't go amiss.

18 minutes ago, Polski97 said:

Do you not get bored playing with a good team with a good transfer budget ? I personally can't play with a team like Arsenal (whom I support) 

Nope. If I'm lucky I'll get through 6 or 7 seasons in an edition. I don't have time to take Scruffy Town from the bottom to the top.

I've done other saves in the past, I've had fun in the MLS, La Liga, France. I've had journeyman saves too. But with the team we have at the moment, I'm excited to do an Arsenal save.

12 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Getting that Zinchenko role, where he covers a Maurading Xhaka, is going to be key.

In terms of basics, I think a 4-2-3-1 with Xhaka as an AP, and Olex as an IWB should do it. I need the beta to check this theory though.

If we talk about Arsenal save, what are your must buys this year? The team is already quiet strong plus I can't think of selling players like Xaka or Partey now, which I did in FM22, but I'm certainly going for Bellingham and Ward-Prowse (my favorite FM player I think). In a couple of seasons Musiala will also be my target for sure, but don't really know who else?

1 hour ago, nunch98 said:

With Tierney and Zinchenki I'd be considering a 5 at the back with attacking wingbacks

I’d have both, as 2 of 3 of my trained tactics. 
I’d lean towards more of a 4–2-3-1 as number one. 

5 at the back is a shout for 3rd formation, as KT and Zinny excel more going forward than defensively. You can always change mid match if you need to **** up shop or go more attacking 

2 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

If we talk about Arsenal save, what are your must buys this year? The team is already quiet strong plus I can't think of selling players like Xaka or Partey now, which I did in FM22, but I'm certainly going for Bellingham and Ward-Prowse (my favorite FM player I think). In a couple of seasons Musiala will also be my target for sure, but don't really know who else?

Midfield feels like the area most crying out for an upgrade. Not necessarily in terms of first team, but certainly in terms of depth. Bellingham was a big part of my team last year, so I’m tempted to look elsewhere. Might just run a recruitment focus and see what comes back.

Definitely gonna be contributing to the Arsenal thread in the good teams guide this year though. 

2 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

3rd forward (different type, perhaps stronger, aerial type player). And a right winger for me. 
tbh I’m comfortable with the squad as it is, for the first time ever. I’d be comfortable seeing things out til January at least