• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do find that all this radio silence concerning 

• Streamers have had the game for a week but we havent heard from them yet 
  • We're still waiting on blog 2 
  • No news on live stream yet but this could be today based on nothing but precedent

Possible that they fear a backlash this year. This page is only at 23 two days out from a similar time frame as last year, Maybe a feeling of meh this year? Showing it on a live stream or having a normal Beta window may put people off buying. 

But at the same time - out of context FM tweeted a DM where someone told them it was one of the best FM in years

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

I do find that all this radio silence concerning 

• Streamers have had the game for a week but we havent heard from them yet 
  • We're still waiting on blog 2 
  • No news on live stream yet but this could be today based on nothing but precedent

Possible that they fear a backlash this year. This page is only at 23 two days out from a similar time frame as last year, Maybe a feeling of meh this year? Showing it on a live stream or having a normal Beta window may put people off buying. 

But at the same time - out of context FM tweeted a DM where someone told them it was one of the best FM in years

Releasing the beta achieves the same goals as the livestream and other marketing, while also cutting short any negativity.

I Personally believe they may well have dropped the live stream this year and relying on Youtubers releasing videos Tomorrow/Thursday, with a 6/8pm Thursday beta release. Be Amazed if we don't see SOMETHING on FMFC Today or Tomorrow

Edited by KillYourIdols

Just now, c0nn0r said:

They don't know when the beta is released. 

No. But they have the access to the alpha build and usually with that, we know the beta are close. They usually have the videos out before the beta come out. 

Just now, SazoJohnno said:

No. But they have the access to the alpha build and usually with that, we know the beta are close. They usually have the videos out before the beta come out. 

They've already had access to the alpha, Zealand had 3 hours played as of his 2nd last stream which was during the weekend. I presume they already have videos made for it but are under embargo which is usually lifted prior to the beta release. Today doesn't look like the day the beta drops and I'm quickly losing confidence we'll get it this week. 

1 minute ago, c0nn0r said:

Today doesn't look like the day the beta drops and I'm quickly losing confidence we'll get it this week. 

It’s only Tuesday. The beta usually comes out on Thursday because they get Friday if they have to fix some huge game breaking issue

2 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

They've already had access to the alpha, Zealand had 3 hours played as of his 2nd last stream which was during the weekend. I presume they already have videos made for it but are under embargo which is usually lifted prior to the beta release. Today doesn't look like the day the beta drops and I'm quickly losing confidence we'll get it this week. 

image.gif.c918717cac9538768ad88537ee4564cd.gif

This is what I am implying. Seems that the embargo is about to be lifted. :brock:

1 minute ago, c0nn0r said:

This time of year always consumes me. Spend way too much time on here waiting on news 

4 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

Tbh thats the closed beta, not alpha. The pre-release beta isnt the first beta release.

FWIW. Watford play tomorrow. I'm assuming Miles wont be streaming tomorrow. So unless we're getting a stream today (i doubt it considering how little notice it'd be) that would leave Thursday as the earliest possible day for a stream. 

4 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

Zealand and WorkTheSpace seemed pretty certain they were on the Alpha last year. 

Its feature complete at that point, so Beta. Sure they can call it Alpha, but its just a Beta. Probably calling it Alpha since the pre-release is labelled as "The Beta".

Edited by T-IceMan

Now that embargo is lifted we're just waiting for Miles' blog post on FMFC and potentially a stream but I don't think they've announced a stream yet for this year? 

I found the stream…

image.gif.45fec8f03496dd0416b6696d89c52a76.gif

thank me later