The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

21 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

If streamers are playing the Alpha, surely the game is pretty close to Beta quality? 

Why give it to people who have large audiences if the game was not close to ready 

Free publicity 

Edit: 

Page 

image.thumb.png.94a4a979b7c896c79cb71f1827b35f10.png

Edited by nunch98
Didn't look at page numbers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Free publicity 

Edit: 

Page 

image.thumb.png.94a4a979b7c896c79cb71f1827b35f10.png

Is it thought? If the streamers arent showing the game or talking about it are they really getting any publicity? Mostly us on those forum who notice. 

And if they gave them a game that wasnt in a state to be played as a Beta or close to beta quality- wouldnt that cloud the Streamers views = negative publicity 

Also Erikson in that united kit is top 

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Is it thought? If the streamers arent showing the game or talking about it are they really getting any publicity? Mostly us on those forum who notice. 

And if they gave them a game that wasnt in a state to be played as a Beta or close to beta quality- wouldnt that cloud the Streamers views = negative publicity 

If you remember, last year they gave the most well known FM content creators early access to the game and permission to post 2 videos each - and then they all spoke to each other to make sure their videos overlapped as little as possible.  They can't really do those videos without access to the game.  The publicity will happen when the videos come out, which will be on dates approved by SI.  So, look out for videos from Zealand, Doctor Benjy, Lollujo and Work the Space etc.

I'd love to see Loki Doki get the same treatment, but I think he's less likely to toe the SI line than the others are.

Edited by kevhamster

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

They made a few videos last year a couple of days before beta came out

8 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

If you remember, last year they gave the most well known FM content creators early access to the game and permission to post 2 videos each - and then they all spoke to each other to make sure their videos overlapped as little as possible.  They can't really do those videos without access to the game.  The publicity will happen when the videos come out, which will be on dates approved by SI.  So, look out for videos from Zealand, Doctor Benjy, Lollujo and Work the Space etc.

I'd love to see Loki Doki get the same treatment, but I think he's less likely to toe the SI line than the others are.

Thanks - i wasnt actually aware that happened last year. Im dont really watch streams that much 

Interesting that Zealand came out recently about the graphics 

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Thanks - i wasnt actually aware that happened last year. Im dont really watch streams that much 

Interesting that Zealand came out recently about the graphics 

It's not like he's wrong.

As I pointed out to someone calling him out for his tweet, the graphics on FM are roughly equivalent to FIFA 06 on Gamecube, which is obviously from a long time ago, and it would be nice to see this improved, although especially as someone who helps people choose computers to run the game on, it does keep the game very inclusive in terms of what hardware it can be run on.  So, getting a significant upgrade to the graphics would be a bit of a double-edged sword.

hopefully this week, fact it was last year should shine some light on it being this week, but who knows?? end of the day, its no the finished article - thats 8th Nov and the beta is something that more like a an experiment to see what people think and gauge their thoughts and to iron out any issues,  so best to release it very soon :D

Edited by crarfc

Just now, George Cassidy said:

Hi. Just checked, it came out on the Thursday 21st at 19:43. Be nice if it was Wednesday this year though :)

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-available-now

Says 20th?

Either way hopefully its this week - i feel like if streamers had it last week it was at a level that is beta-ish quality  

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-available-now

Says 20th?

Either way hopefully its this week - i feel like if streamers had it last week it was at a level that is beta-ish quality  

Wasn't this the year that a press release was sent out a day early?

Just checked last year's BETA speculation thread and it was definitely 21/10/21.

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Says 20th?

It certainly does. I was going by the time Neil Brock posted that the Beta was available. Fingers crossed :thup:

Just now, luka_zg said:

Frankly, looking at the headline features ,one would say the beta should have been ready few months ago.

I don't like when people make these kind of comments or when the say the game is exactly the same as the previous with a reskin. I'm not trying to attack you by any means but If you played the game you will always notices a difference so that in itself suggests that they worked on something. I remember people also complaining with the headline features of FM21 and yet for most people it was the best game they ever made.

I just think it's unfair to compare FM to other games because what makes FM good are the little things we don't even see

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I don't like when people make these kind of comments or when the say the game is exactly the same as the previous with a reskin. I'm not trying to attack you by any means but If you played the game you will always notices a difference so that in itself suggests that they worked on something. I remember people also complaining with the headline features of FM21 and yet for most people it was the best game they ever made.

I just think it's unfair to compare FM to other games because what makes FM good are the little things we don't even see

Absolutely.  Just because the game seems similar year on year doesn't mean there isn't a huge amount going on behind the scenes to build it each year.  Ask anyone who's ever been involved in the Alpha and you'll know the amount of stuff that SI do to get the game release ready each year is huge.