The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it'll be next Thursday/Friday but there hasn't been as much build up from Miles or the FM twitter account compared to last year. Miles was dropping new features like every day last year. Perhaps this will be the year where the beta releases late? 

21 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

I still think it'll be next Thursday/Friday but there hasn't been as much build up from Miles or the FM twitter account compared to last year. Miles was dropping new features like every day last year. Perhaps this will be the year where the beta releases late? 

All drops/Info/Teasers are blogged on FMFC now

41 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

We’ve had a late beta release before. And they had all the “normal” build up, so I don’t think the two are related. The beta provides them a lot of genuinely helpful feedback to try and fix as much stuff as possible before full release so it’s in their interest to get it out as early as possible.

And because that was all very sensible…

image.gif.099ddcdb27c244accdb155b9d436c6e4.gif

So what is going to be everyone's beta save? My long-term save will be Academica in the third tier of Portugal, but I don't want to start that until the full game it out.

Some ideas:

• A Brazilian club. Great amount of games to practice with the new match engine, important to do squad planning with hopefully good youngsters, and has a rule that most players should be Brazilian so not too many countries that have to be loaded
  • Napoli. Have been playing amazing this season and would probably really enjoy having players like Kvaratskelia and Osimhen.
  • Feyenoord. My favourite club in real life and have invested heavily in young talent from South America following last season. I could probably finally have a game with them where I'm not forced to sell everyone in the first window

2 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

So what is going to be everyone's beta save? My long-term save will be Academica in the third tier of Portugal, but I don't want to start that until the full game it out.

Some ideas:

• A Brazilian club. Great amount of games to practice with the new match engine, important to do squad planning with hopefully good youngsters, and has a rule that most players should be Brazilian so not too many countries that have to be loaded
  • Napoli. Have been playing amazing this season and would probably really enjoy having players like Kvaratskelia and Osimhen.
  • Feyenoord. My favourite club in real life and have invested heavily in young talent from South America following last season. I could probably finally have a game with them where I'm not forced to sell everyone in the first window

Will start with Arsenal. Had a really good save last year that was only half a year cos laptop irrecoverably died so had to replace and start again, so would like to have a long term with them and beat my 14 season record.

If, however, I get bored, I’m going to do a save in Germany with either HSV, Hertha or 1860 Munich.

14 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Will start with Arsenal. Had a really good save last year that was only half a year cos laptop irrecoverably died so had to replace and start again, so would like to have a long term with them and beat my 14 season record.

If, however, I get bored, I’m going to do a save in Germany with either HSV, Hertha or 1860 Munich.

Wonder if Hertha will still have a sugar daddy!

Torn. Always go Arsenal for the beta then move to Colchester United on full release for a long term game, but last year I just kept going for 6 months on a Arsenal beta save then hopped to a really good Colchester save, So there is a chance that will happen again.

32 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

Some ideas:

I always have a "settling in" save. For that, I go Liverpool, just to check out the attribute, see how the ME work and all that. Then after that, I go Ajax as always and try to scour the world for next hidden wonderkid gem only to sell them 2-3 years later and do the same thing all over each year. The true Ajax way. 

I usually always start with Arsenal. But feel like Mikel is doing such a great job in real life currently, I don’t want to disturb him 😂 (is that sad? It is what it is). 
so I’m a bit stuck. 
I’ve strangely never had a serious Germany club save before… maybe this is the time. Or lower league 💭

4 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I usually always start with Arsenal. But feel like Mikel is doing such a great job in real life currently, I don’t want to disturb him 😂 (is that sad? It is what it is). 
so I’m a bit stuck. 
I’ve strangely never had a serious Germany club save before… maybe this is the time. Or lower league 💭

I know what you mean about the Arteta thing, but as a fan, I want to try and recreate the way we’re playing now with that team.

This may also be the first year I deactivate the first transfer window.

I too have never had a proper German save, spent a year at Hannover in a journeyman save, and got the Dortmund job in another one but got bored before the season started so went back to Sociedad (I split the save at the job offer).

It will be exactly a week after Miles and the other two guys show us how the alpha game is looking. 

Only problem is I have forgotten which social media platform they use to show us !!!

Edited by thnigelfc

Going to pick a new non league club for a road to glory. Which clubs you reckon? They all have cool badges which is the requirement. 

National League North: Banbury United or Buxton FC

French Championnat National: Paris Atletico 

Spanish Primera Federacion: Intercity CF

Will happy take other team suggestions. Ideally lowest league, nice badge, and no/very little trophies won. Now to think will I start this long term save from beta??

20 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I know what you mean about the Arteta thing, but as a fan, I want to try and recreate the way we’re playing now with that team.

This may also be the first year I deactivate the first transfer window.

I too have never had a proper German save, spent a year at Hannover in a journeyman save, and got the Dortmund job in another one but got bored before the season started so went back to Sociedad (I split the save at the job offer).

Literally how I get 😂 I’ll end up making some story up in my head, giving me a reason to join Arsenal in the end. I have between now and beta to compose something 

image.gif.8ac96ea1335f59fc49ae2f4c646ea2b4.gif

Arsenal for a couple of seasons to get used to the game's quirks then something really challenging, my French team AC Ajaccio in Ligue 1. 

Looking at the Beta releases over the last few years, it's normally been the Friday 2.5 weeks prior to the games release. I suspect if everything goes to plan we'll see it then. In the meantime I'm off to Florence for the week. 

5 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

Going to pick a new non league club for a road to glory. Which clubs you reckon? They all have cool badges which is the requirement. 

National League North: Banbury United or Buxton FC

French Championnat National: Paris Atletico 

Spanish Primera Federacion: Intercity CF

Will happy take other team suggestions. Ideally lowest league, nice badge, and no/very little trophies won. Now to think will I start this long term save from beta??

I might use FIFA 23 to help me decide and get acquainted to a new club.

I did Mallorca in FIFA 21. Got to know the players at the club that way, which help me transition to FM seamlessly with player knowledge (do I take this too seriously? 😅)

Last year (FM22) I literally did a 1 saver, from beta til the end (now) 🤯

1 minute ago, kiingallen said:

Last year (FM22) I literally did a 1 saver, from beta til the end (now) 🤯

That is crazy. My attention span just couldnt handle. I get bored after 4/5 seasons. Been times where I spent hours on the first in-game day alone, then quit after the first pre-season game lol

4 minutes ago, Kloppy said:

That is crazy. My attention span just couldnt handle. I get bored after 4/5 seasons. Been times where I spent hours on the first in-game day alone, then quit after the first pre-season game lol

After 3 hours on the first in-game day, analysing the club, the players, the staff and your projections; planned out how much work you have to do with your new club, when you suddenly realise… 

image.gif.4f8acbc21f24f62ed7d599783dd69c86.gif

2 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

I've just retired my last FM22 save and will now start planning for my FM23 save. RIP to my recent favourite regen, who we'll never get to see grow old. This guy could have easily scored the most goals as a defender ever.

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 20.49.24.png

Not bad for a 17 year old. If I remember I'll load up my Arsenal save and share my guy

I am going to miss having players like these guys, so much. My main beta save will be a created club, starting from tier 10 of England. No players, no staff. Just myself when the save starts and every personnel bought in from then on is my decision alone.image.thumb.png.bf596f330205b9f679c841a5ad0270d3.pngimage.thumb.png.f13d72662f7b2bb81e7dca6e8074f1f9.png

1 hour ago, SMV90 said:

I am going to miss having players like these guys, so much. My main beta save will be a created club, starting from tier 10 of England. No players, no staff. Just myself when the save starts and every personnel bought in from then on is my decision alone.image.thumb.png.bf596f330205b9f679c841a5ad0270d3.pngimage.thumb.png.f13d72662f7b2bb81e7dca6e8074f1f9.png

Can you start in tier 10 in the beta?

Love this thread, this is where the hype begins.

My prediction: Monday/Tuesday next week we will get YouTuber previews and a live stream and Beta will drop Thursday. There’s been a lot of negative press over the last couple of days due to lack of info and Zealand’s graphics Tweet so SI will go all out next week to build the excitement.

image.gif.7be5911b045a4683ed88bff741b97406.gif

9 minutes ago, DanBeats90 said:

My prediction: Monday/Tuesday next week we will get YouTuber previews and a live stream and Beta will drop Thursday. There’s been a lot of negative press over the last couple of days due to lack of info and Zealand’s graphics Tweet so SI will go all out next week to build the excitement.

Being pessimistic and hope you are right but I’d say it feels almost like 25th at earliest maybe 27th. I know that won’t go down well on here but I just can’t see it being next week with the lack of build up

45 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Can you start in tier 10 in the beta?

My bad, brother. I just meant my main save in general.

No idea why I put beta in there. Beta save will likely just be United whilst I get used to what's good and what's bad.

9 hours ago, gunner86 said:

We’ve had a late beta release before. And they had all the “normal” build up, so I don’t think the two are related. The beta provides them a lot of genuinely helpful feedback to try and fix as much stuff as possible before full release so it’s in their interest to get it out as early as possible.

And because that was all very sensible…

image.gif.099ddcdb27c244accdb155b9d436c6e4.gif

My bad for my phrasing but I was meaning recently. Most of the recent beta releases have been early (last two years have been earlier than advertised can't really remember beyond that). 

4 hours ago, c0nn0r said:

My bad for my phrasing but I was meaning recently. Most of the recent beta releases have been early (last two years have been earlier than advertised can't really remember beyond that). 

FM21 was bang on 2 weeks. They were obviously expecting to go early cos a load of scheduled social media advertising went up saying it was live before it was, and this place went bananas. I misremembered and thought it was the next day it came out but the 170 page beta thread that year put me right. Anyway, I forget what my point was.

3 hours ago, Zapoleon said:

Nah, People have to make custom db's which allow that. 

That’s what I thought, wondered if I’d missed something.

2 hours ago, c0nn0r said:

It's less fun when you spam 3 messages to get the first comment on a page

I know. I feel dirty

image.gif.08c93316193d8132bb9decab35b7c102.gif

12 hours ago, DanBeats90 said:

I don't care much about graphics, us veterans of the game care mostly about the content, not how it looks. But I need to confess that when playing non league teams (I almost always start with a team from the National League, then waiting for a custom db to start at level 10), stadia look unrealistically huge. In some occasions there are even big screens (!) on the sides. There should be a stadium editor or any other graphics tool that would help you get the feeling/the atmosphere of playing with an obscure team.

The weirdest thing this year must be that "when beta" can almost seamlessly transition into "when winter update" due to the long winter break and potential for early transfers. I hope that this will keep my hype up and not make me wait even longer for my main save to start!

Right now I am still "full hype", eternally subbing five players and a promised focus on stats and defensive play alone makes me happy enough, not to mention the joy of being a stats nerd. I think I'm gonna start with Union this year to see if I can replicate that heavy defense with quick transitions. Hopefully without having to answer questions about low possession every single game!

As for my main save, I am unsure whether to start my obligatory Wolfsburg file early or to experiment a bit more. The wide centrebacks are still yearning for attention. As are my ideas for what I want to play. Currently I am struggling between a 4132 (one of my favourite formations) and two 4123s. One a bit gamey, one more realistic.

As for dates, I am still feeling the 20th. Just enough time for my new laptop to arrive and with another "short" Friday work day enough time to bingeplay the weekend which probably means "set up custom views, training and set pieces".

33 minutes ago, Gozzer said:

I don't care much about graphics, us veterans of the game care mostly about the content, not how it looks. But I need to confess that when playing non league teams (I almost always start with a team from the National League, then waiting for a custom db to start at level 10), stadia look unrealistically huge. In some occasions there are even big screens (!) on the sides. There should be a stadium editor or any other graphics tool that would help you get the feeling/the atmosphere of playing with an obscure team.

I can’t lie, I’m a vet, and I do care about graphics. But of course, the core mechanics of the engine are far more important. They have had an amazing engine for such a long time, that we should be able to advance on graphics now. 
however, I’m still looking forward to this release as much as anything. New features have been very much understated, but I just want to get my hands on it now. 
GIVE ME BETA 🤗

10 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I can’t lie, I’m a vet, and I do care about graphics. But of course, the core mechanics of the engine are far more important. They have had an amazing engine for such a long time, that we should be able to advance on graphics now. 
however, I’m still looking forward to this release as much as anything. New features have been very much understated, but I just want to get my hands on it now. 
GIVE ME BETA 🤗

I’m somewhere in the middle. I would like them to improve the graphics. The scope is there, and FM17s stadia were far prettier and more varied. But at the same it isn’t an issue for me that they haven’t made massive strides in this area. The perennial hope is “there’s something big coming next year” and maybe that’s true. I can understand them not saying anything about it for 2 reasons:

1. In case it all goes wrong

2. why would you buy 23 if they told you 24 was gonna be a generational leap?

6 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

It wont be next week cuz they haven't done the live stream and they usually doing it on Saturday 

So i guess next week will be the live stream and the beta will be at Monday 

They release the Beta when it’s ready. The livestream is nothing to do with it. And last years stream came out on the 21st October… which was a Thursday. Chances are if they do a livestream it will be next Thursday.

Have they actually confirmed they’re doing one?