The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Davey1289 said:

What does everyone think to the new features that have been released? For some reason I’m not overly hyped this year, still haven’t pre ordered it

Check the headline features thread, you'll see most of people are very disappointed. I'm personally pretty excited, didn't expect any major improvements and the ones we'll get I really like.

3 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Check the headline features thread, you'll see most of people are very disappointed. I'm personally pretty excited, didn't expect any major improvements and the ones we'll get I really like.

I think they could have done a little better job, especially to improve when you train the national teams, considering that the World Cup is coming, so they could have used the hype around all that a little.

It does feel a bit underwhelming so far. Having said that, I’m still optimistic. Have to build my own hype unfortunately. But this yearly thread gets me going the most, more than anything! We smashed through the pages last year

Yeah I agree with it appearing a little underwhelming - but I still think this year's game has been a good step forward from previous editions (such as long throws being as they should be and possession football now more feasible to use).

What they have done is enhanced nicely what is there, but for me the most important thing is the tactical side and the last-ability of a long term save. If they are able to create a balance tactically, slightly nerf gegenpressing which in turn I hope will make negative football more feasible to use both stand alone and situationally, and also allow for lower tempo tiki taka to work better with player attributes being more important to the success of different tactical styles (all to their relative levels), all whilst improving the AI both in-game and also AI squad building for a longer term save, then I think it will end up being a highly polished game where it's most important, of which I'll be very happy.

The game should then be at a point where it will be functioning very well, and it would be a good time to then implement more substantial features / improvements whilst maintaining the core game at a very good level and continue to enhance certain areas.

Set piece creation isn't ideal still, but again if they can remove the existing bugs, balance routines out (whilst making short corners actually usable) then I'll be very happy as long the above has also been near as nailed for this year - with a change of set pieces to feature down the line sooner rather than later and an option available for better in-game viewing by way of graphical improvements.

7 hours ago, Davey1289 said:

What does everyone think to the new features that have been released? For some reason I’m not overly hyped this year, still haven’t pre ordered it

They suck.

That said the only things that could actually impress me would be a massive improvement in match engine graphics or editor stuff. So unlikely I'll be impressed by new FM features any time soon, if ever...

Edited by rusty217

I'm happy with the new features. I like the idea of squad planner, and I like how it links to recruitment meetings. I like that recruitment meetings have been redone. I like the fan confidence thing (even if this is primarily a reskin of half of board confidence)

It's evolution, not revolution.

If people want to neg out about the new game, there's already a thread for that. This thread is for BETA speculation... and all of the GIFs.

YARN | Let's get the party started. Let's get the party started. | The  Office (2005) - S02E19 Michael's Birthday | Video clips by quotes |  ce301728 | 紗

EDIT: I'm not accusing anyone here of negging out. Just want to keep this sacred thread a safe space.

Edited by gunner86

8 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Do you know what. I agree.

But I coldn't find a GIF of the Dutch Master where you could clearly see the number 10.

Plenty of these though.

Bergkamp Legend GIF - Bergkamp Legend Arsenal - Discover & Share GIFs

Yeah :( after I posted that I tried to find some, but only saw those :(

newer generations don't know him so they won't do gifs about him

7 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Yeah :( after I posted that I tried to find some, but only saw those :(

newer generations don't know him so they won't do gifs about him

What a player though.

Dennis Bergkamp GIF - Dennis Bergkamp Holland - Discover & Share GIFs

I can't wait for page 14

1 minute ago, KillYourIdols said:

I would like to think so, 100%

This year hads been a bit of a breakout year so far, when was the Data locked?

I think it's around now. Major changes like manager's being sacked and hired will still make it in, but most of the attributes will be in place. They do make some allowances for early season performances though iirc.

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I think it's around now. Major changes like manager's being sacked and hired will still make it in, but most of the attributes will be in place. They do make some allowances for early season performances though iirc.

Good news, His last few performances have been phenominal.

I guesstimate City/Liverpool will make a bid on FM before the first game of the season :D

3 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Lack of livestream is disturbing in relation to BETA release date.

I'm not too worried personally. BETA will be out once they can get it out. They won't delay it just because they haven't done a stream.