The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SazoJohnno said:

Seeing as the reports coming out about Diaz missing up to 10 weeks, I would like FM23 beta to come out now please so I can hide away from the world and hide away my pain in playing FM23. Thanks. 

Right, off to change my Fantasy team, BRB.

2 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Blocked, muted, reported and all that jazz. 

But seriously though, good game. Not the way I hoped it would go though. 

I will be honest. The penalty was soft. But. We have had a lot of questionable decisions go against us over the last few years.

You're right though. It was an entertaining watch. No surprise it’s the highest scoring fixture in the EPL.

16 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Just 67 pages last year? must have been FM 20 when the beta was a little late and there were at least 100 hundred pages

That must be what I’m confusing it with. Was it FM20 when all the instagram posts went live saying Beta is live… but it wasn’t?

26 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

That must be what I’m confusing it with. Was it FM20 when all the instagram posts went live saying Beta is live… but it wasn’t?

I think so... sheesh. FM 21 was quite early, on 21st Oct...

18 hours ago, tully said:

I’ve got Fifa on PS5, not really played much tbh, however I’ve seen people talk about the ‘lengthy’ stuff on Reddit. What the hell does it even mean?

Its a new feature for the acceleration of a player.

Three types are there controlled, explosive and lengthy.

controlled = balanced

explosive = quicker accelaration until the max speed, then it drops off

lenghty = slower accelaration until the max speed, then it even increases

Lenthy players are mostly tall and strong player, so they will bully small players.

And since the gameplay is overall slower, those players are OP.

14 hours ago, SazoJohnno said:

Blocked, muted, reported and all that jazz. 

But seriously though, good game. Not the way I hoped it would go though. 

Cracking game. Could of gone either way at times, but our Flakiness of previous years seems to be receeding and we kept at it.

Think the Spine of your team being a bit on the older side now is showing slightly.

11 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Cracking game. Could of gone either way at times, but our Flakiness of previous years seems to be receeding and we kept at it.

Think the Spine of your team being a bit on the older side now is showing slightly.

I think the biggest compliment we’ve been paid this year is Klopp subbing off Salah for a defender at 2-2.

5 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

While we were warming up Fabio Vieira to try and finsh the game off. Levels I couldnt of imagined a year or 2 back.

We’re so much fun to watch right now. Already trying to work how to replicate in FM23. This beta needs to hurry up.

3 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Come on page 7 

Delia Smith Drunk XD on Make a GIF

about 17 posts away

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

We’re so much fun to watch right now. Already trying to work how to replicate in FM23. This beta needs to hurry up.

Eh, Unless wingers STOP trying to cross the ball every time and cut in property and Defenders stop hoofing the ball for no reason upfield, Im afraid you never will, not properly.

Be a good challenge though

9 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Eh, Unless wingers STOP trying to cross the ball every time and cut in property and Defenders stop hoofing the ball for no reason upfield, Im afraid you never will, not properly.

Be a good challenge though

I had a relatively good tactic last year (adapted from something shameless stolen from either the tactics forum or the Arsenal thread, I forget) which worked pretty well. Saka, playing on the right as IW(a) was a goal machine cutting from the right. In the final seven of my save (2027/8) he won the golden boot with 31 goals.

If FM22 taught me anything, it was the value of using Player Instructions.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

I had a relatively good tactic last year (adapted from something shameless stolen from either the tactics forum or the Arsenal thread, I forget) which worked pretty well. Saka, playing on the right as IW(a) was a goal machine cutting from the right. In the final seven of my save (2027/8) he won the golden boot with 31 goals.

If FM22 taught me anything, it was the value of using Player Instructions.

Player Instructions are worth their weight in gold. I think, maybe, the main issue is the ME struggles to get them across properly, visually.

I still think it'll be the 25th too (2 weeks today.) I think if we don't get any announcement of a livestream/any new feature blogs this week that rules out us getting the beta on the 20th.

Edited by Emozil

1 hour ago, KillYourIdols said:

Player Instructions are worth their weight in gold. I think, maybe, the main issue is the ME struggles to get them across properly, visually.

That had always been my opinion. So hadn’t even bothered with them since about FM18ish.
The ME for 22 was a marked improvement on that IMO.