Wonderkid free player finding no club

Hi,

A Malaysian 21 year old player decided to leave his top club in his home country.

Not only the problem is he's still free after 7 months now, but absolutely no club is observing him.

That's anormal because he has the potential of a world class player with more than 180 in PA. He made solid performances in the Asian Champions League and was the best scorer of his club.

Moreover, my save simulates all the 3rd divisions in the world (5th division for a dozen of countries, 8th for two specific countries outside Asia)  and manages currently 836 000 players over the globe.

Is this player guaranteed to sign elsewhere or will he end to abruptly retire in some months?

game version: Football Manager 2020

Quite possible he'll retire.

Probably doesn't have the reputation to be on the radar of any big clubs, may not pass work permit requirements in some countries even if he were. And probably isn't willing to join a team with too low reputation or that can't pay enough wages, so that probably rules out all of the Malaysian clubs.

Having lower division clubs doesn't really help here, they're typically limited in where they're allowed to send scouts to and usually have harsher foreign player limits than top leagues. They're not really a viable option despite being enabled.

As priority76 and rusty217 have mentioned, it is al due to his reputation. 

I have seen it myself plenty of times with national league clubs: a free agent with no club. The problem lays in the fact that his wage might be a problem too.

This may not be due to the player himself, but also due to EU rules. With MVV I found a cool Kazakh (?) player for free, but I have to pay him $+200k a year, which only few clubs can spend, not to mention dare to give away to an unknown player. He is now on an amateur contract and I´m hoping I can pay him in the near future.  

As has been said above, there are several possibilities here;

His reputation will probably be below the radar of the bigger clubs, especially if he is playing in a lower reputation league.  There will be WP issues if he moves to another country, some of which have minimum wage rules.  He is also 21 and it may depend on what his current CA is and what likelihood of him reaching his PA, and the likelihood may be small.

I was following a career save of FM Llama on Youtube yesterday, where he took charge of the North Mariana Islands national team.

They play 3 competitive games every two years, and he can arrange friendlies. The nation had a league structure with 3 divisions. His intention soon became nigh-on unworkable because whenever he unearthed a great teenage talent, by the time the next tournament came around, the club had released the kid and after no football for a year, he'd retire. It's a chronic weakness in the game not catering sufficiently to the lower end of the football world. To be fair, this necessitates using fan-created extra leagues and nations, so it's not a criticism.