FM23 Headline Features Revealed

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not sure too many people that play FM and only FM on their 10 year old work toaster are going to be buying a PS5 to play it. I think the potential console audience is new set of people.

Until people stop buying it there's no need for SI to rip up the old floorboards. People obviously won't because overall it's still a good product and it doesn't have any genuine competition.

Obviously I don’t know the numbers on how many people are playing on toasters but I’m positive that most are playing on recommended specs and not the minimum. I think we might be over-exaggerating about the quality of some of these computers FM users are playing on. People make it seem like they are playing on windows 98 lol.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they've limited the number of VAR checks for offside. It's soul destroying, every single goal is checked and it's just random whether they're given or not.

The squad builder thing looks quite useful. Hopefully they've done something to make transfers a bit more realistic. Abusing the payment on installments is how most people play the game and bring in 20 new players in 2 seasons. In real life it takes months to get a big deal done. I don't want that level of difficulty, but clubs shouldn't be taking installments so readily.

On 12/10/2022 at 19:04, Mars_Blackmon said:

Obviously I don’t know the numbers on how many people are playing on toasters but I’m positive that most are playing on recommended specs and not the minimum. 

Guys, don't play FM on toasters, it will only lead to, cough, burn out

Edited by 2feet

One thing that needs sorting in the ME is the replication of great central play leading to goals. 

In real life you now have KDB and Haaland and Kane and Son with both sets getting ridiculously high assist and goal numbers. It’s hard to reproduce in FM with bias still coming from wide - kind of like the complete opposite of FIFA which is crazy really as FIFA have it closer to real life, at least at the very top level. 

2 hours ago, dino88 said:

Just seen this on Twitter.

The same guy, three years ago :
"Everything is same, from FM 19 to FM 20. Watch the live stream and see for yourself. They just extended the old screens, NOTHING IS NEW, Even the ME is from FM 19
You guys are worse than FIFA this year, selling same old game from last year! #BoycottFootballManager"

Edited by GreenTriangle

I don’t know guys, can’t you just not buy the game if you don’t like it this year instead of trying to make other people not buy it? 

I understand the frustration, especially if none of the features / overhauls, was one you were waiting for.

It’s totally fine to review the features and give some feedback. That’s what the Thread / Forum is for.

But everyone can make their own decision whether it’s worth buying or not. Some care about 50 quit, some don’t. Whatever.

SI has their own business plan. You won’t change it anyway. They are growing their team, they reach out to other platforms and they introduced women’s football for the near future. Overhauling and extending existing features is a common process, especially for yearly licensed games with relative short development cycles and a set environment. Decisions are business driven, not by popularity. For the best case they match each other. 

If they don’t, it’s your choice to move on.

3 hours ago, DP said:

One thing that needs sorting in the ME is the replication of great central play leading to goals. 

In real life you now have KDB and Haaland and Kane and Son with both sets getting ridiculously high assist and goal numbers. It’s hard to reproduce in FM with bias still coming from wide - kind of like the complete opposite of FIFA which is crazy really as FIFA have it closer to real life, at least at the very top level. 

I'm assuming you skipped FM22 then. My centre and attacking mids are constantly my top assisters in the game this year. 

36 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I don’t know guys, can’t you just not buy the game if you don’t like it this year instead of trying to make other people not buy it? 

I understand the frustration, especially if none of the features / overhauls, was one you were waiting for.

It’s totally fine to review the features and give some feedback. That’s what the Thread / Forum is for.

But everyone can make their own decision whether it’s worth buying or not. Some care about 50 quit, some don’t. Whatever.

SI has their own business plan. You won’t change it anyway. They are growing their team, they reach out to other platforms and they introduced women’s football for the near future. Overhauling and extending existing features is a common process, especially for yearly licensed games with relative short development cycles and a set environment. Decisions are business driven, not by popularity. For the best case they match each other. 

If they don’t, it’s your choice to move on.

I think a boycott is wrong. It's also pointless as they'll end up buying it at some point anyway, they'll just deny themselves a few months of playing.

What Football Manager needs is some proper competition. A different take on the game would be ideal, just to shake the market up a little. Any company or creative group with no competitors will always stagnate and have it's ambition eroded, it's inevitable.

4 minutes ago, busngabb said:

Any company or creative group with no competitors will always stagnate and have it's ambition eroded, it's inevitable.

Unless they are professional and have a great deal of pride in what they do. Something I've always felt SI have had. The 'no competition' schtick is just lazy, and dare I say, offensive to the amount of work that must go in to producing such a top notch product year after year. 

34 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Unless they are professional and have a great deal of pride in what they do. Something I've always felt SI have had. The 'no competition' schtick is just lazy, and dare I say, offensive to the amount of work that must go in to producing such a top notch product year after year. 

Not to mention there are other football/soccer manager games available, one which has better graphics and is free but doesn’t have support even though disgruntled fans claim there isn’t any competition…

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

On 12/10/2022 at 00:22, unitedstian said:

Delegating transfers to the DOF has to be a viable option this year. Its a big part of real life football now and in game he still makes stupid decisions regardless of his attributes. And if your club vision has a club culture option of "signing english players" or similar he will then ONLY make bids for players of that nationality regardless if the club culture option is only "preferred" as opposed to "required", which I would then have no complaints about.

As an absolute bare minimum you should be able to discuss the criteria for DOF suggestions with them. These should align with your club vision as well. At present the DOF suggests players older than your club vision, that exceed your wage budget etc, etc.

8 hours ago, dino88 said:

Just seen this on Twitter.

image.thumb.png.637d9c3baa79565adbedad3ff008b8b0.png

We hear this same discussion with each release, Although I do feel like it’s gained a bit more momentum in the last few years as arguably, the new features do seem quite minimal. On the face of it at least. 

I sit in the group that buys the game regardless of the new features and I admit that probably is part of the issue. The other issue I see is that maybe some of the influences at SI which safeguard the integrity of the game could also potentially hold back its development? 

With the move to console I’m thinking two more cycles and if the graphics haven’t taken a stride forwards I’ll probably take the opportunity to have a rest from the game, be a bit more productive with my time and see how I feel about it on my return.

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

We hear this same discussion with each release, Although I do feel like it’s gained a bit more momentum in the last few years as arguably, the new features do seem quite minimal. On the face of it at least. 

I sit in the group that buys the game regardless of the new features and I admit that probably is part of the issue. The other issue I see is that maybe some of the influences at SI which safeguard the integrity of the game could also potentially hold back its development? 

With the move to console I’m thinking two more cycles and if the graphics haven’t taken a stride forwards I’ll probably take the opportunity to have a rest from the game, be a bit more productive with my time and see how I feel about it on my return.

Music to my ears that tweet, will be retweeting that

A whole lot of negativity here apparently... First of all FM fans are not realizing how much superior product they have in their hands on a yearly basis compared to all other sports. Baseball has something competitive, but all other sports not really. Sure it would be fun to get revolutionary stuff every year, but as we see from the well polished sports games none of them are doing that. Getting even the smaller every season updates is still worth it to me.

The supporter confidence seems good to me, as fans have been totally irrelevant. Having a really difficult set of fans

Match engine and AI improvements remain to be seen in action. Defensive stuff seems promising and maybe the AI manager differences make me again scout the opposition a bit. Would love to see few things happen regularly. Goalies making fouls, in reality a real risk with out rushing keepers. Players getting direct reds for something else than a two footed slide tackle, nobody tackles high, elbows or gets involved in any altercations so far. Players not heading the balls aimlessly when they could just as well control them, seems a tad too English for me to always just head it somewhere especially flicking it on forward as the lone striker without any support.

Adding the UCL songs and dynamic manager timelines seems as headline features on actually selling the game seems a bit of a reach. Nice little touches, but who really cares that much?

Squad planner is surely a nice tool for everyone and not much else to put into that.

9 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

The same guy, three years ago :
"Everything is same, from FM 19 to FM 20. Watch the live stream and see for yourself. They just extended the old screens, NOTHING IS NEW, Even the ME is from FM 19
You guys are worse than FIFA this year, selling same old game from last year! #BoycottFootballManager"

No tweets for FM21 or 22? 😅

Jokes apart But FM 20 or 19 (Cant remember which one) was left in horribel state. 

This year personaly I was hoping for a better interaction model and maybe some tweaks in how appearences is counted and some adjustment in Set pieces. So nothing about those in 23 news so definitly will be skipping this year but you have to admit that these are not "mindblowing" features, maybe interaction with agent about demand is a plus. 

7 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Not to mention there are other football/soccer manager games available, one which has better graphics and is free but doesn’t have support even though disgruntled fans claim there isn’t any competition…

I am not sure I would even say Soccer Manager has better graphics, but that's just my opinion. It looks very clean and crisp, but in a cartoonish way.

As for the match engine itself... you won't believe just how poor it is until you actually play a few matches. Looking 'better' than FM doesn't really matter if your game doesn't have something as fundamental to football as the offside rule.

And though SM is free to play, it makes its money through microtransactions and constantly badgers you to pay for more credits and whatnot. If SI ever go down this free-to-play road, I'm done.

FM does have competition - it's just that the competition isn't very strong because SI defeated their big rivals so emphatically so long ago. We Are Football was made by some of the old FIFA Manager developers. I kinda like that game, and it has some very good ideas, but it's probably too rough around the edges to be a serious alternative yet.

At any rate, I'd say the relative lack of big new features since 2013/14 isn't because SI have no serious competition anymore. I'd say it's because SI have already added so much depth to the series that there really isn't much more new ground to cover. Expecting them to replicate the huge 10-year strides they took from CM1 to CM4, or even from CM4 to FM13, just isn't realistic anymore.

Edited by CFuller

2 hours ago, AleKos86 said:

Players getting direct reds for something else than a two footed slide tackle, nobody tackles high, elbows or gets involved in any altercations so far. 

Just to confirm, I had a guy sent off in FM22 for throwing an elbow, so it can happen. 

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It really isnt though. Yes they put a lot of hard work into the game but one of the reasons why Championship manager no longer exists is because FM produced the better game and had better features. Consumers had a choice and they went for the better product 

Just imagine for a second and think that Championship manager is back. It has better graphics, a transfer module where players are bought are more realistic prices and better AI.  Its missing "headline" features like social media, club vision, squad planners, licenses, manager timeline and all the other window dressing stuff which add to the game but arent really core. Are you really telling me that FM is not gonna start investing more in a better product?

Cos i can tell you one thing, if someone came along with a better product, i and the majority of other customers would move. 

Competition would mean that the issues that have plagued the game for years would be resolved quicker but as theres no pressure then management arent pushing you as hard, company isnt putting more money. 

A lot of if, buts and maybes tbh. There are actually multiple other football manager games out there, they aren't hard to find. FM is far from perfect but there's a reason why people keep saying there's "no competition" even though there are multiple other games out there, it's because it's still miles ahead.

It suffers from the same issue as yearly iterations in that most features are multi year implementations and some might not have the same level as priority as others so they take longer etc.

Could it do with some sort of roadmap? In my view yes

How much of the forum community (which has to be said, is but a minority of the game base) is adaptable enough to accept a roadmap that can and will change? Based on being here since 2009, not sure it's enough. 

I think it would actually work better on social media platforms oddly enough. Perhaps that's a route they should go down. Their social media has a much bigger reach 

10 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Are they really producing "such a top notch product year after year"?

The game itself is a top notch product, they don't produce a brand new game each year though. 

The no competition argument isn't "lazy" or "offensive". It's an absolutely valid argument. 
Imagine if a big game studio wanted to make their own version of football Management. Do you think it would be the same as FM? I don't think so. There could be many different and unique takes on it, maybe even some new and better features that aren't present in FM.

FM has been the same for the past 20 years at its core, and obviously there won't be any changes to that. A brand new game coming from a different studio could have:

1. A more modern engine, allowing for much better and smoother experience, better and more realistic match engine, better visuals.
2. Overall a different take on certain features, like tactics, squad building, transfers, scouting, etc.
3. Generally a much different and better UI and UX, no more going through 20 inbox messages.
4. Overall a whole different feel to the game. Because, like I said, FM has been the same game at its core for 20 or so years, it's not something you can change easily, nor do I expect them to.

FIFA Manager is a great example. It's definitely not a better game than FM, but it does things differently, it has some unique features, it does some things differently. It's a game that has a different feel to it, and it's a game that's different at its core. Imagine if they made that sort of game, but improved it massively. Hell I'd argue FIFA Manager 14 still has better UI in some areas than FM does.

Edit: And I don't think those other currently available games are competition at all. I'm not even sure how many there are, but there probably isn't a single one that has a budget anywhere near SI's.

Edited by (sic)

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

I am not sure I would even say Soccer Manager has better graphics, but that's just my opinion. It looks very clean and crisp, but in a cartoonish way.

As for the match engine itself... you won't believe just how poor it is until you actually play a few matches. Looking 'better' than FM doesn't really matter if your game doesn't have something as fundamental to football as the offside rule.

And though SM is free to play, it makes its money through microtransactions and constantly badgers you to pay for more credits and whatnot. If SI ever go down this free-to-play road, I'm done.

FM does have competition - it's just that the competition isn't very strong because SI defeated their big rivals so emphatically so long ago. We Are Football was made by some of the old FIFA Manager developers. I kinda like that game, and it has some very good ideas, but it's probably too rough around the edges to be a serious alternative yet.

At any rate, I'd say the relative lack of big new features since 2013/14 isn't because SI have no serious competition anymore. I'd say it's because SI have already added so much depth to the series that there really isn't much more new ground to cover. Expecting them to replicate the huge 10-year strides they took from CM1 to CM4, or even from CM4 to FM13, just isn't realistic anymore.

There's loads of new ground to cover both big and small in regards to the M.E and qolf. Improving things that are already in the game, i.e ravamping press conferences so they are not the same questions repeated season after season. There really should be real cause and effect from the managers interactions with the press and media. For example if I criticise a player in a press conference or news interview, the very least I'd expect is that 1. The Player gets fired up and more focused to prove me wrong in the next match/sequence of matchs, 2. Player becomes annoyed and wants talks with me, 3. Squad Members agree with me and get a boost at the same time causing some friction between them and the player or 4. The squad side with the player and thus also get a decrease in performance for next match or so and become slightly less happy with me. 5. There is a media frenzy which puts pressure on said player and causes him to lose focus and form, then man management to be inputted whereby you advise the player to ignore the extra scrunity

. Improving player management relationship so you have more feedback options so you're not forced to just select the right answer to avoid the player becoming unsettled and wantin a transfer, Irl managers will talk to a player and tell them they won't play next games but they''ll play in 3 weeks and depending on the players ambition, determination and the player might get a training boost or match boost. Right now player interactions are  limited and boring and there is no real reason to interact with any players except for criticise/praise training/form. Neither is there the option of going back to talk to a player about their unhappiness after they've complained about something. Only the player has the power in the game to approach the manager about a complaint regarding playing time, or new contract which is unrealistic

Players retiring early due to reoccuring chronic injuries. Fix Dyanmic Youth rating

Board owner with personality and more frequent interactions with the manager, more in depth detail on takeovers and transforming clubs. You can be 5 seasons into a save and you never see a small team get taken over and do a city, chelsea or PSG and suddenly spend crazy amounts on new players. Fix the penalty select option so yu don't only have a split second to change the taker when you win a pen

Stadium Designer for modders to use. Better atmosphere on during games, where weather has an effect on the players ability to perform to their best. You could improve the sound during games for the fans having anthems, drums, flares etc.

There's much more but that's just a few things off the top of my head which could add more depth and upgrade the game considerably.

I mean, if you buy it every year no matter what, honestly your complains mean little to nothing. If you consider that the changes are not worthy a new game, simply do not buy it. It is what I did last year, and I kept playing FM21 and I can assure you I haven't missed anything added in FM22, and I played FM21 same amount of time that I would have played FM22 in case I would have bought it. I am still to see if I buy FM23, but from what I saw I will probably keep playing FM21 over again. And it is not that I consider the game expensive or that it would mean any sort of economical effort for me. It is just that I don't feel that I am missing a new game, and all things that I do not like from FM21 (set pieces, player interactions...) or that I miss in a FM game (team facilities, graphics) are not included or changed yet, and the novelties of last games would give nothing to improve my enjoyment.

Also, the evolution of FM in the last years is, sadly, not any different from most games that release yearly. If you buy any of these games every year, they are basically the same, but they still need to announce that the novelties are worthy.

Players retiring early from injury has been in FM since at least 2017, but it's rare. 

"Small team" takeovers for massive projects can happen, but also, like real life, they arent common. But tycoon takeovers have been in the game for years.  

Quality of life and things they consider bugs to be fixed are rarely mentioned when getting looked at (always wondered if there a more viable way of of updating on that)

Weather impacts in the game are already in as well. 

I actually think SI miss a trick by not talking more about quality of life things. But equally, when they do talk about it they get hammered for it. 

14 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Weather impacts in the game are already in as well. 

Not just weather impacts, but even things like jet lag (depending on the distance travelled) and the altitude of the stadium affects matches/performances.

Edit: so does the amount of fans and how 'hardcore' the fans are.

19 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Not just weather impacts, but even things like jet lag (depending on the distance travelled) and the altitude of the stadium affects matches/performances.

Edit: so does the amount of fans and how 'hardcore' the fans are.

I won't say those things don't exist, but it's simply not visible to us. We don't know if they do exist, how they work and what impact they have. The game doesn't communicate that sort of info at all to us, or if it does, it's just poorly done.

Edited by (sic)

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I won't say those things don't exist, but it's simply not visible to us. We don't know if they do exist, how they work and what impact they have. The game doesn't communicate that at all.

I agree somewhat, but I don't think it's fair to say it doesn't communicate it at all. I'll give you a couple of examples.

Players will tire (lose condition) quicker in hot conditions. Short passing on a muddy pitch will be more difficult, something that should be even more visible this year with first touches being more realistic. I'll agree that it could be better, and first touches being worked on will certainly help. How the weather affects the ball itself in muddy or very windy conditions would be great to see.

The other 3 things I mentioned aren't that visible in the game, but I'm not sure how apparent these things are IRL either. I'd imagine jet lag will cause more fatigue, so possible jadedness problems.

19 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I won't say those things don't exist, but it's simply not visible to us. We don't know if they do exist, how they work and what impact they have. The game doesn't communicate that sort of info at all to us, or if it does, it's just poorly done.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I agree somewhat, but I don't think it's fair to say it doesn't communicate it at all. I'll give you a couple of examples.

Players will tire (lose condition) quicker in hot conditions. Short passing on a muddy pitch will be more difficult, something that should be even more visible this year with first touches being more realistic. I'll agree that it could be better, and first touches being worked on will certainly help. How the weather affects the ball itself in muddy or very windy conditions would be great to see.

The other 3 things I mentioned aren't that visible in the game, but I'm not sure how apparent these things are IRL either. I'd imagine jet lag will cause more fatigue, so possible jadedness problems.

I know SI do like the "discover these little treasures for yourself" vibe. And I think that works when it's something tangible and obvious. It doesn't work for the intangibles and these need to be explained. 

59 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

There's loads of new ground to cover both big and small in regards to the M.E and qolf. Improving things that are already in the game, i.e ravamping press conferences so they are not the same questions repeated season after season. There really should be real cause and effect from the managers interactions with the press and media. For example if I criticise a player in a press conference or news interview, the very least I'd expect is that 1. The Player gets fired up and more focused to prove me wrong in the next match/sequence of matchs, 2. Player becomes annoyed and wants talks with me, 3. Squad Members agree with me and get a boost at the same time causing some friction between them and the player or 4. The squad side with the player and thus also get a decrease in performance for next match or so and become slightly less happy with me. 5. There is a media frenzy which puts pressure on said player and causes him to lose focus and form, then man management to be inputted whereby you advise the player to ignore the extra scrunity

. Improving player management relationship so you have more feedback options so you're not forced to just select the right answer to avoid the player becoming unsettled and wantin a transfer, Irl managers will talk to a player and tell them they won't play next games but they''ll play in 3 weeks and depending on the players ambition, determination and the player might get a training boost or match boost. Right now player interactions are  limited and boring and there is no real reason to interact with any players except for criticise/praise training/form. Neither is there the option of going back to talk to a player about their unhappiness after they've complained about something. Only the player has the power in the game to approach the manager about a complaint regarding playing time, or new contract which is unrealistic

Not sure how much support there is for anything around interaction (other than a huge reduction in the time we have to engage with it) - it's not just that it operates in perverse ways, but the whole mechanism is extremely clunky and tedious. It's good that SI tried to incorporate it, but that kind of human interaction just doesn't translate well to a computer game - it's too subtle for simplistic computer logic. 

Press conferences wouldn't feel nearly as repetitive if they restricted the max number of questions to a more reasonable level, but the amount of text to not feel dull and repetitive over the 100s of games you play in a typical save is never really going to be possible.  The only way to get something more human feeling would be to incorporate chatbot technology, but do we really need that kind thing taking more focus away from squad building, tactics and playing football matches.

26 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Yup, I've edited my previous comment, adding "if it does (communicate it) it's poorly done.

19 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I know SI do like the "discover these little treasures for yourself" vibe. And I think that works when it's something tangible and obvious. It doesn't work for the intangibles and these need to be explained. 

I'm gonna use the above example, players will tire quicker in hot conditions. This is definitely an obvious thing, but also this is a game. We don't really know how in-depth and realistic it is, or if certain stuff like that exists or not. Which is why I think such info should be given out to the player, so they can make informed decisions based on that.
Another example is muddy pitch, and short passing being more difficult in that situation. I'm not sure if it exists in game, but the assistant manager should advise you to go more direct in that game, and give you the reason why. It just improves how the game communicates that sort of stuff. 

Edited by (sic)

2 minutes ago, turgi said:

I have to say I don't understand the whole 'the game is coming out in three weeks and there is no information'.

They released that video, what did you guys expect more than that?

Tbf generally there is usually a bit more around other general fixes and changes in the game. I’m sure it’s coming but people are ok to ask when, considering it’s been earlier historically. 

Edited by DP

1 minute ago, turgi said:

I have to say I don't understand the whole 'the game is coming out in three weeks and there is no information'.

Yes.

Every year you get way more info about bugfixes, QoL improvements, small features that aren't headline worth it, etc. So far we've yet to receive that sort of stuff.

1 minute ago, turgi said:

Based on the minimal new features in the video I'm not surprised but normally they're hyping it up a lot more than they have been. Miles Jacobson is usually on Twitter 20 hours a day talking about it in the runup to beta.

I think this game is going to be an inbetween release with bigger stuff coming in the next iteration. 

I just hope some of the bugfixes they're not talking about are significant. Like set pieces.

2 minutes ago, DP said:

Tbf generally there is usually a bit more around other general fixes and changes in the game. I’m sure it’s coming but people are ok to ask when, considering it’s been earlier historically. 

2 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yes.

Every year you get way more info about bugfixes, QoL improvements, small features that aren't headline worth it, etc. So far we've yet to receive that sort of stuff.

I play this game many hours every year but I don't remember any bugs fix announcements before release. But I could be very wrong here.

General fixes and changes? I may be wrong here again but watching that video a couple of weeks ago gave me the impression those were the changes. I didn't finish watching it thinking 'wow this is nice, surely there is a lot more to come!'.

Personally I think SI needed to move to a subscription method three years ago.

You buy the game every three years and pay subscription for the DB that is being updated more frequently than today. If not a 'live' DB then at least update it every 2-3 months.

4 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Yes.

Well. 'small features that aren't headline worthy' are the actual headline features this year, but would certainly like to find out what has been done in the way of bugfixes and QoL improvements.

11 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Well. 'small features that aren't headline worthy' are the actual headline features this year, but would certainly like to find out what has been done in the way of bugfixes and QoL improvements.

I agree here. Or at least that's my impression from the video.

1 hour ago, turgi said:

With fm 22 it felt like we'Ve got a new video for every single day. And when we didn't, it was Miles tweeting frantically, hinting at new - yet unannounced - features. Sure, some of them (dynamic youth rating) ended up being controversial down the road, but that is besides the point. It's ~10 days till the beta and we haven't heard anything since that video, which was pretty thin to begin with.

edit: lmao they just released a new vid right around when I commented. this is more like it!

Edited by Volband

1 hour ago, (sic) said:

Yup, I've edited my previous comment, adding "if it does (communicate it) it's poorly done.

I'm gonna use the above example, players will tire quicker in hot conditions. This is definitely an obvious thing, but also this is a game. We don't really know how in-depth and realistic it is, or if certain stuff like that exists or not. Which is why I think such info should be given out to the player, so they can make informed decisions based on that.
Another example is muddy pitch, and short passing being more difficult in that situation. I'm not sure if it exists in game, but the assistant manager should advise you to go more direct in that game, and give you the reason why. It just improves how the game communicates that sort of stuff. 

Exactly they may be in the game on the surface leve, but they are not relfected in the gameplay. When it rains I don't see players slipping, if there is mud which I have rarely seen, the players are still running smoothly like they're skating on ice. I certainly don't have to adjust my tactics or player selection for any weather condition types. Imagine if there was match reports of muddy pitches, and you had to take into account that you're silky slick midfield mestro and show pony winger, would be redudant because they'll find it difficult to slip past players or thread through killer passes.

20 minutes ago, Volband said:

With fm 22 it felt like we'Ve got a new video for every single day. And when we didn't, it was Miles tweeting frantically, hinting at new - yet unannounced - features. Sure, some of them (dynamic youth rating) ended up being controversial down the road, but that is besides the point. It's ~10 days till the beta and we haven't heard anything since that video, which was pretty thin to begin with.

edit: lmao they just released a new vid right around when I commented. this is more like it!

They did! Showing the exact same features from the video two weeks ago.

New video out but its a recap of whats been announced. So still waiting on updates. Feel like there must be a reason why theres be such a lack of info - scrambling to get some thing together? 

What i will say there was some new ME footage in the vid. Really hope the interceptions stuff if much better so that counters are more fluid and viable but also want it that the receiver can spin their man with their flair and run at goal. This is what pressing is missing currently, the wholes that appear when a team presses poorly (So decisions are important) and having players who are fit enough 

But like i said before, all the headline features they have announced so far all i care about is the ME

• If AI managers are harder and more adaptable thats a big plus
  • Better AI squad building 
  • Genpressing less OP and more styles of play viable 
  • fixed youth development (wasnt there a bug which made is so much harder?)

If that is delivered i think that would be a good improvement as the core of the game has improved noticeably 

10 minutes ago, turgi said:

They did! Showing the exact same features from the video two weeks ago.

The exact same features with additional info and footage so it's fine. They also showed a new graph. If they keep giving tidbits like these every day then I am fine with it.

edit: sadly one day's promo package will surely be some dude talking about the importance of European competitions, just like Fabrizio talked about deadline days, but that's a pill we have to swallow :(

Edited by Volband

13 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

New video out but its a recap of whats been announced. So still waiting on updates. Feel like there must be a reason why theres be such a lack of info - scrambling to get some thing together? 

What i will say there was some new ME footage in the vid. Really hope the interceptions stuff if much better so that counters are more fluid and viable but also want it that the receiver can spin their man with their flair and run at goal. This is what pressing is missing currently, the wholes that appear when a team presses poorly (So decisions are important) and having players who are fit enough 

Last year that 42 minutes video would have been sliced up in to 5 and dropped bit by bit. For me there's not real distinction between the two methods. Still the same amount of information. The real difference is that Miles isn't doing the daily tweets, and they are going out in bigger blog chunks. So it whether people like their info in one chunk or drip fed