FM23 Headline Features Revealed

3 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

People are still asking for that nonsense to be implemented into the game? Yes as you say, get right in the bin.  Ugh, go play the Sims or something.    Spending your salary, designing your own kits each season, designing stadiums, setting ticket prices etc etc is never coming to FM. Like, ever. They've said as much.  

They definetly thought about stadium designing as its already partly in the game 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In relation to the squad planner.The ability to check the prospective squad against league/completion registration rules. I’ll be disappointed if you can’t do either of those.

Edited by janrzm

I know some are not bothered about the new UEFA license but it's such a good addition, and more need to be added over time. The licenses add real immersion, that doesn't need modding in - without the mods the vanilla game is is exactly that, vanilla. One thing that has irked me for years is that there is no in-match difference from playing a league game, to a European match, let alone a European final - this addition is massive, and you'll see it play out over the year. From the cup draws, to the in match presentation, CL song, adboards - it will offer a huge immersion difference to league matches. Winning a European final will feel more special too.

I read in the blog that the EFL also has "licensed broadcast graphics". Amazing!

As for the length of the 40 minute video, I really enjoyed it - I put it on the TV, grabbed a bru and watched it through - although I am 39 so probably older than their target demographic these days, but I enjoyed it. :D 

46 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

The difference is shocking to be honest. I remeber lightning and pitch looking better before. But that, 5-6 years later, we will have worse graphical representation of actual football is what makes it unbelievable for me.

Its baffling.  I remember at the time people who made a fuss about the big change in 3d match graphics from Fm-17 to Fm-18 were often shouted down on these forums, with the 'go play FiFA' mantra often spouted.  So its heartening to see that more people these days are calling for an improvement to the 3d graphics than ever before.  New features and realism are great and all, but there comes a time when other parts of the game need to be brought up to scratch too, and it makes sense to improve the 3d match experience as a lot of work has gone into getting the match engine and player animations to the point they're at now.  The visual representation of all that hard work really needs to be a headline feature sooner or later, especially if SI want to attract new players to this game.

Edited by Erimus1876

It's announcement day for FM30 - SI drop a two hour video onto Youtube (there's 5 minutes of in-game footage shown) - everyone asks the questions 'Has the set piece editor been changed?'; 'Can an international manager train his squad?', 'Is the Club World Cup now a viable competition?' 'Will my transfers show in the right season?' - excitement grows to fever pitch ... and here it is, the big headline feature and the player base rejoices - the schedule page now defaults to showing the next match again!

Edited by rp1966

12 minutes ago, Erimus1876 said:

Its baffling.  I remember at the time people who made a fuss about the big change in 3d match graphics from Fm-17 to Fm-18 often shouted down on these forums, with the 'go play FiFA' mantra often spouted.  So its heartening to see that more people these days are calling for an improvement to the 3d graphics than ever before.  New features and realism are great and all, but there comes a time when other parts of the game need to be brought up to scratch too, and it makes sense to improve the 3d match experience as a lot of work has gone into getting the match engine and player animations to the point they're at now.  The visual representation of all that hard work really needs to be a headline feature sooner or later, especially if SI want to attract new players to this game.

Yes, definitely seeing more people losing patience with the lack of progress on the graphical side.  With the clear improvements in player animations, the stage on which those animations play out needs to be more fitting. 

they need to sort out the world club cup fitness bug, ott players complaints, horrific pitches and add more depth to press conferences, or mix it up season by season because at the moment there is no point to press conferences other than clicking the right answers to keep morale up

23 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

No offence, but if we wanted nothing more than 2D being gone, it would be gone.

We look at the percentage of players using the different modes and prioritise work based on that. As a reminder, Miles tweeted a few years back 3D usage was over 85% and can assure you that figure hasn't gone down since. 

If it is 85% playing 3D only then you can't afford to have 15% less sales year on year. Even if its 10% I'm sure SEGA won't have 10% less sales.

You've downgraded 2D to the absolute bare minimum over the years since 17. Adds to the 3D situation pointed out in previous posts. 

But hey, let's rename squad depth to squad planner and add a jazzy UI. No one cares about match graphics. All is good.

Edited by ImDaWeasel

2 hours ago, Erimus1876 said:

Its baffling.  I remember at the time people who made a fuss about the big change in 3d match graphics from Fm-17 to Fm-18 were often shouted down on these forums, with the 'go play FiFA' mantra often spouted.  So its heartening to see that more people these days are calling for an improvement to the 3d graphics than ever before.  New features and realism are great and all, but there comes a time when other parts of the game need to be brought up to scratch too, and it makes sense to improve the 3d match experience as a lot of work has gone into getting the match engine and player animations to the point they're at now.  The visual representation of all that hard work really needs to be a headline feature sooner or later, especially if SI want to attract new players to this game.

I totally understand that graphics is not priority, i wouldnt want it to be either. ME is the soul of the game and it should always be like that. But to actually make it worse visually is incredibe. And they say 85% people play it in 3d. So why not invest some time into making it look better. Imagine if you go 6 years back and think how game will look in 2023, i bet even the most negative people would think of something like this. And to add to that, you wont see a single dribbling attempted by a player. Messi or sunday league player, it all looks the same, player animation is still bad in my opinion.

Definitely agree with the part about bringing new players to game. Visuals play a big part

4 hours ago, Druid DR said:

To this in FM18 and the versions that followed...

18.jpg

18b.jpg

18c.jpg

18d.jpg

One of the things that is also overlooked is how the aesthetics and environments in FM17 made you feel like you were managing a club in different places around the world.  The stadium variety we had allowed this, as well as the lighting, which changed depending on what time of the day the game kicked off.  If you look at the stadium variety in 18 - 22, it's not the same.  The screenshots above show this, i.e. a match played in Stoke's stadium looks identical to a match played in the Argentinian lower leagues.  Whereas the screenshots from my FM17 save show the distinct variety in stadiums from around the world, with the lighting and pitches adding to it too.  It gave off a whole other vibe to the matchday experiences compared to the blandness of FM18 and onwards.

I agree the first picture has more character. They probably changed the crowd in order to save CPU processing time, so they could devote more capacity to other aspects of the game?

On 30/09/2022 at 08:03, Lord Rowell said:

Sorry you feel that way but I think we'll find the addition of women's football will be very popular and I for one can't wait to play it - also actually think its long overdue tbh. But glad SI are getting it ready now and if its the main feature in FM24 or FM25, it'll be one of the biggest single leaps forward the game has taken.

100%. 

There honestly isn't a thing I'm looking forward to more. 

I was asking Miles about the possibility of it years ago on Twitter (idk...maybe 4 or so years ago?) so I like to think I had some tiny part in planting the seed.

Edited by DaddyTorgo

3 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I'm late to the party, but I am also sharing my disappointment here. For someone who has bought every single iteration of the game since the early 90's, I was really really hoping for graphical and UI improvements that just are non-existant and I can't stomach the lack of listening to the fan base who are screaming for set piece management, international management changes etc. Also, have they fixed dynamic youth? That conned me into buying last year and wasn't even working as expected.

I have a very worrying feeling that we're stuck with this for the next 10 versions as the base code needs a complete re-work and why would they when they are still selling the game like crazy. Max profit, minimum effort.

I'll be playing the older versions and keeping an eye out for actual improvements. I doubt enough people are going to vote with their wallets to change things, but the complaints are getting louder each year now.

They desperately need some competition to help them push the envelope.

Put your money where your mouth is and start sending message with through your pocket. After after how they treated sortitouts and modders who actually listen to what the community wants along with the game not being playable until march which is near the end of the game cycle, it won't be getting more of my money.

After it took FM22 nearly 3 times the length it took FM21 to reach 1 million sales you would think they would push the boat out a little to try make FM23 more sellable......

Maybe it was covid though right?.....

Makes you think that staggered future planning that Miles crows about gleefully is starting to struggle.

34 employees to over 270 in 17 years yet they have stagnated to a big degree.

I'm pretty pleased with Headline feature reveals. I can see every feature that has been announced so far, being a part of everyone's saves. Its not like they have brought some things in that you might use, you might not... all 5 new features that they have mentioned so far will become just part and parcel of the game.

The scouting revamp (similar to the training revamp of years ago), this will just be how we do scouting from now on.

Supporter confidence, if implemented dynamically, will be a great feature for immersion and those long term saves we all love.

UEFA Club licenses again will add immersion to your saves, cant have any arguments that this is a good implementation.

Manager timeline, again, will help with creating stories and add extra immersion. It would be good to be able to choose what goes on your timeline though!

We all want set piece creators, we all want international management revamp. However, in terms of what they have announced, they are good features. I don't think many people could honestly say they would rather the above features NOT be in the game? 

Also, how many of the following have become just part of your saves now? Could you imagine FM without:

Club Vision, Board Confidence objectives, Development Centre, Playing time pathway, Interaction and quick chats, Pre-match staff advice, xG, End of Season Review, Deadline day experience, Data hub, New player roles

These are just some of the bigger things that have been brought in since FM20, in the last 3 iterations of the game. I couldn't imagine the game without them. I do think its important to be reflective before we say "its the same game reskinned"

13 hours ago, DP said:

Womens football being in is fine but it literally changes nothing about the game itself really does it. It’s basically like the addition of new leagues and rules. 

I think you need to reread the announcement for women's football. They are doing a much bigger job than just filling out stuff in the editor and adding the leagues. They are redoing all animations, since female bodies are quite different to male ones. From the announcement:

We have thousands of ‘motion captured’ animations for our male footballers and when you apply many of these animations onto female bodies… well… they kind of move like cowboys.

Women’s body shapes are different to men’s and so is their bone structure, so we have no choice but to go back to the beginning and recreate all of our existing motion captured animation data using female players.

And they are considering a lot of actual functionality that doesn't exists in the game yet. More from the announcement:

Then there are other questions that we have to ask ourselves, such as how detailed should we go initially? There is a lot of existing literature available about the impact of the menstrual cycle on training and injuries, but how do we incorporate this without it having a major effect on gameplay? And what about pregnancy? If we have pregnant players and staff in game, do we need different 3D models for the different stages?

As I've read through the announcement, I think a lot of the new groundwork they are doing now in regards to women's football will also benefit the game as a whole. Since there are so many new systems, this would likely need a rewrite of a serious amounts of functionality in the base game. Old technical debt is one the hardest things to justify to spend money on (speaking as someone who has had loads of interactions working between a development team and a non-technical customer), and for consumers it's even harder. If the visible return in the short term is nothing, why spend money on it? So having this multi-year project as they do on women's football, I think it's much easier to get approval for major technical rewrites of code to fit into it, rather than doing it in isolation. And since they are implementing the women's football, the rewrites might be mandatory anyway. Of course, this is my guess, as I have no idea how things work at SI, I'm just using my own personal experience here. Still, I think that this could (and hopefully will) impact the the base game in a good way in the long run.

@XaW I’m not belittling the work involved to get womens football in the game - and it’s a good and commendable thing to do - no issues there. I’m sure it’ll be a great addition loved by many. 

The point still stands though that it doesn’t address core gameplay functionality in the short term - in particular for the mens side of the game which will still be the most played. 

Edited by DP

24 minutes ago, DP said:

@XaW I’m not belittling the work involved to get womens football in the game - and it’s a good and commendable thing to do - no issues there. I’m sure it’ll be a great addition loved by many. 

The point still stands though that it doesn’t address core gameplay functionality in the short term - in particular for the mens side of the game which will still be the most played. 

I don't really have any issue with that. Personally, I think the game has all the features it really requires to be a great game, and I'd rather they gave out a new version with 0 new features and just fixed and improved stuff already in the game, but considering how people are reacting to the headline features here, I doubt that would go down well...

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

I don't really have any issue with that. Personally, I think the game has all the features it really requires to be a great game, and I'd rather they gave out a new version with 0 new features and just fixed and improved stuff already in the game, but considering how people are reacting to the headline features here, I doubt that would go down well...

Oh agree with that. Just build upon the base of the game, that’s fine. We don’t need new things, just improved things. Revamps and rework. 

The whole narrative around ‘features’ needs to go away. 

Edited by DP

14 hours ago, DP said:

Womens football being in is fine but it literally changes nothing about the game itself really does it. It’s basically like the addition of new leagues and rules. 

Same as FIFA. 

Not at all.  The addition of the women's game is far more likely to lead to improvements across the board than if they didn't do it.  If they're doing it properly - which they seem to be in how long it's taking.  I presume there will be at least an alternate version of the ME, if not a full-blown new one, and the work that'll go into that will probably give them rare time to step into the ME and ask the sort of questions that lead them down paths of improvement.  They could do that in a normal development cycle, but there's always going to be less opportunity than if you're working on a feature that isn't under the same time pressure.

If it was just "same as FIFA" they would have released it two editions ago.

Edited by forameuss

13 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

Put your money where your mouth is and start sending message with through your pocket. After after how they treated sortitouts and modders who actually listen to what the community wants along with the game not being playable until march which is near the end of the game cycle, it won't be getting more of my money.

Sadly, I don't think we can do much. Sure a few of us can "boycott" the game and not buy it. But in the end it achieves nothing. 

The casual player base is a huge majority, and they will happily buy a new game each year, regardless of anything. After all, that's their core audience. 

I'm not saying they don't care about the rest of us at all, but we're minority, and we won't really affect their profits much.

2 hours ago, BrightLad5 said:

Also, how many of the following have become just part of your saves now? Could you imagine FM without:

Club Vision, Board Confidence objectives, Development Centre, Playing time pathway, Interaction and quick chats, Pre-match staff advice, xG, End of Season Review, Deadline day experience, Data hub, New player roles

These are just some of the bigger things that have been brought in since FM20, in the last 3 iterations of the game. I couldn't imagine the game without them. I do think its important to be reflective before we say "its the same game reskinned"

I don't even use half of those, so that answers your question.  Club Vision is irrelevant to me, Board Confidence is mostly irrelevant as well. Interaction and quick chats are annoying, so I avoid using them. Pre-match staff advice is mostly useless to me, so again, I don't use it. Deadline day, I've used it 2-3 times over 1000 hours I've put into FM22. Data Hub, useful, though I don't rely on it.

When it comes to women's football. I couldn't care less. I'm not against them adding it, do whatever you want. It's probably a good thing.

But personally, I don't know a single person who follows or watches women's football. There are so many football games going on, so many leagues to follow, that I can't see myself following women's football on top of that as well. Especially considering it's "inferior" in quality compared to men's game. 

It is raising in popularity, but I feel like it's still not on the level of other women's sports. Not in raw numbers, but in other ways. For example, athletics, volleyball, tennis, etc. Those are all popular sports, among both men and women, both in terms of the audience, and in terms of athletes competing. If you asked me how many people I know that watched women's athletics, volleyball, tennis, etc. I think all of them would say they do watch it.
Sports like Football, Basketball, etc. (football more so) are simply male dominated, for whatever reasons that I wont go into.

So I just doubt the introduction of women's football in FM will have a massive impact, both in terms of new players coming to the game, as well as existing players playing it over men's version.

Edited by (sic)

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I don't even use half of those, so that answers your question.  Club Vision is irrelevant to me, Board Confidence is mostly irrelevant as well. Interaction and quick chats are annoying, so I avoid using them. Pre-match staff advice is mostly useless to me, so again, I don't use it. Deadline day, I've used it 2-3 times over 1000 hours I've put into FM22. Data Hub, useful, though I don't rely on it.

Club vision and Board Confidence Objectives are unavoidable. They are part of the game that you 'use' without actively using. Quick Chats for me are important for moral boosting and developing youth players as well as resolving squad dynamic issues but fair enough if you don't use them. Not using deadline day is a gameplay choice of course but again, it is very useful for offloading players and signing players cheaper than you may have done in the window and it adds a nice feel to the Save. Data hub needs work! But its addition has been useful, hopefully they make it more user friendly in coming games.

Majority of these features (and FM23's announced features) add a huge amount of realism/immersion to saves ahead of anything else. It depends maybe on how you choose to play the game. If you don't get too invested in the story of the save then they may not seem big, but most of these add a lot to creating an immersive save IMO, which is where my passion for CM/FM stemmed from, that feeling of immersion.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I think you need to reread the announcement for women's football. They are doing a much bigger job than just filling out stuff in the editor and adding the leagues. They are redoing all animations, since female bodies are quite different to male ones. From the announcement:

And they are considering a lot of actual functionality that doesn't exists in the game yet. More from the announcement:

As I've read through the announcement, I think a lot of the new groundwork they are doing now in regards to women's football will also benefit the game as a whole. Since there are so many new systems, this would likely need a rewrite of a serious amounts of functionality in the base game. Old technical debt is one the hardest things to justify to spend money on (speaking as someone who has had loads of interactions working between a development team and a non-technical customer), and for consumers it's even harder. If the visible return in the short term is nothing, why spend money on it? So having this multi-year project as they do on women's football, I think it's much easier to get approval for major technical rewrites of code to fit into it, rather than doing it in isolation. And since they are implementing the women's football, the rewrites might be mandatory anyway. Of course, this is my guess, as I have no idea how things work at SI, I'm just using my own personal experience here. Still, I think that this could (and hopefully will) impact the the base game in a good way in the long run.

All of this will make sense if it comes with graphical update. All this work for women football only for the women to look like men on the pitch…

No matter what people think about those features in the game, they are an integral part of the user experience. Additionally, these additions are absent from international management, making managing international teams appear very outdated. It is likely that the users who think nothing can be added to International Management are also users who do not care for these types of features.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

2 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

Club vision and Board Confidence Objectives are unavoidable. They are part of the game that you 'use' without actively using. Quick Chats for me are important for moral boosting and developing youth players as well as resolving squad dynamic issues but fair enough if you don't use them. Not using deadline day is a gameplay choice of course but again, it is very useful for offloading players and signing players cheaper than you may have done in the window and it adds a nice feel to the Save. Data hub needs work! But its addition has been useful, hopefully they make it more user friendly in coming games.

Majority of these features (and FM23's announced features) add a huge amount of realism/immersion to saves ahead of anything else. It depends maybe on how you choose to play the game. If you don't get too invested in the story of the save then they may not seem big, but most of these add a lot to creating an immersive save IMO, which is where my passion for CM/FM stemmed from, that feeling of immersion.

You said "could you imagine FM without". I could. I know these things exist, but I don't actively use, or pay attention to them. I'm not saying those are bad features, or that they aren't improvements, though they're hardly "headline" worth it in my opinion, as they don't generally improve the experience for every player. Quick chats are just annoying to deal with, players getting pissed off for no reason, etc. Once they do fix them, and add more variety to them, I'd gladly use that feature. I have no use for deadline day, as I like to conclude my transfers long before that. It is useful, and it certainly is an improvement over what already existed.

Now, I can actually see myself using some of these new FM23 features, especially the squad planner. It's a great QoL feature, even though realistically, it's something that already kind of existed, just repackaged and done better. The thing is, it is true that they should mostly focus on revamping the already existing stuff, improving the ME, and hopefully revamping/improving other parts of the tactical creator. 

The reason people are getting pissed off, is because some features/revamps have been asked for years and years. They've been ignored. The graphics have gone from decent in FM17 to absolutely horrible after that. It's 2022, the game looks like it did 10+ years ago. SI seem to take the easy route, so rather than having larger revamps like a new set piece creator, new and better graphics, int. management, etc., they just focus on smaller stuff like "new fan experience".

6 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

All of this will make sense if it comes with graphical update. All this work for women football only for the women to look like men on the pitch…

Yeah, I think we are due some improved visuals soon too. I mean, I play in 2D, so I don't really care all too much, but I think the current 3D looks a bit off, I can't really place the reason, but the older games looked better somehow. Perhaps it's a grittyness vs glossyness or something, but the pitches and games looked better then. The actual gameplay of the match engine is vastly superior now though. Tried to look at an older match engine a few years ago and the ice skating and ball physics are so poor compared to now. So even if the graphics have lacked a bit behind, the functionality is at an all time high imo.

Just now, (sic) said:

You said "could you imagine FM without". I could. I know these things exist, but I don't actively use, or pay attention to them. I'm not saying those are bad features, or that they aren't improvements, though they're hardly "headline" worth it in my opinion, as they don't generally improve the experience for every player. Quick chats are just annoying to deal with, players getting pissed off for no reason, etc. Once they do fix them, and add more variety to them, I'd gladly use that feature. I have no use for deadline day, as I like to conclude my transfers long before that. It is useful, and it certainly is an improvement over what already existed.

Now, I can actually see myself using some of these new FM23 features, especially the squad planner. It's a great QoL feature, even though realistically, it's something that already kind of existed, just repackaged and done better. The thing is, it is true that they should mostly focus on revamping the already existing stuff, improving the ME, and hopefully revamping/improving other parts of the tactical creator. 

The reason people are getting pissed off, is because some features/revamps have been asked for years and years. They've been ignored. The graphics have gone from decent in FM17 to absolutely horrible after that. It's 2022, the game looks like it did 10+ years ago. SI seem to take the easy route, so rather than having larger revamps like a new set piece creator, new and better graphics, int. management, etc., they just focus on smaller stuff like "new fan experience".

I agree, most of the headline features in the last few years have been revamps and enhancements to things that’s been already in the game. No way should AI manager enhancements or the ability to play defense should be a headline feature. Although, I appreciate the tweaks as one of the very vocal people in the “this game is easy” thread.

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Agreed. There are 'bigger' features that I hoped would have been done for FM23 like set pieces and International and do feel SI have dropped the ball a bit on these. Also they really need to start moving towards better 3D graphics. They cater maybe too much for the potato laptop players, although this could well be a large portion of their player base so it could limit sales for them? I don't know...

1 minute ago, BrightLad5 said:

They cater maybe too much for the potato laptop players, although this could well be a large portion of their player base so it could limit sales for them? I don't know...

Sadly, that is the case. It's a large portion of the playerbase, and they seem to be unwilling to upset them by increasing the system requirements. 

But they will have to do it at some point, imo it should've been done already.

I just thought i'd reply for the sake of curiosity to see what i might think personally, as i tend to not think too much about it normally:

- Club Vision: Don't really pay attention to it. Wouldn't really think too much about it if it wasn't there.
- Board Confidence objectives: Don't pay attention to it. I either get sacked, i resign or i don't.
- Development Centre: Not using it at all. I don't need to.
- Playing time pathway: Not sure what it is. If it is that thing when negotiating contracts then i just find it annoying.
- Interaction: Using it but it's monotonous and repetitive.
- Quick chats: Annoying.
- Pre-match staff advice: Good idea if staff knew what they were talking about. I don't listen to them at all.
- xG: I don't pay attention to it. Don't know what i would use the information for. I'm either happy with my player's performances or i'm not. Regardless what xG is supposed to tell me.
- End of Season Review: Is very nice. An easy and quick overview of the past season. Which seems to be working properly only for countries with seasons that span Autumn - Spring.....at least, for me.
- Deadline day experience: Torn. It's fun but it takes too long.
- Data Hub: Never used it. Don't know how to use it. Don't need to use it.
- New player roles: Not bothered one way or another. As long as i get my players to play the way i want them to, in the span of my FM career, then that is all that matters.

Just to add:
- Training: I never do training. It's just unnecessary and cumbersome stuff. I get by fine without it.
- Scouting: Is fun but i leave it to my Chief Scout/Scouts and see what they come up with. Half of my scouts aren't even assigned to anything, ever,  by my staff. So, it's not working properly.

I can very easily see myself without them. In that manner i would rather see them fix bugs and faults that has been there forever, like custom views, for one.
I think it's fun that it is there because i might change my mind one day, and not having it there then would probably be a bit annoying.

4 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There seems to be a consensus that the top 3-4 features that are wanted are:

Set piece creator

Better graphics

Stadium Editor 

Enhancements to International football.

These seem to be the most talked about everywhere online.

I would also add dribbling animations to this list. They don't exist now, dribbling in the ME is the same as a player running with the ball.

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There seems to be a consensus that the top 3-4 features that are wanted are:

Set piece creator

Better graphics

Stadium Editor 

Enhancements to International football.

These seem to be the most talked about everywhere online.

That seems to be the thing currently. Though if they introduced all of those features in FM24, we would easily find 4 other things that are missing, and we would complain about them :D.

For me, it's Tactical Creator (including set piece creator) and ME improvements (which should go without saying) in front of everything else. Just like what they've done with Out Of Possession instructions and defense this year, they need to revamp other areas, especially the In Possession instructions, as well as Player Instructions and Player Roles.

6 minutes ago, roykela said:

I just thought i'd reply for the sake of curiosity to see what i might think personally, as i tend to not think too much about it normally:

- Club Vision: Don't really pay attention to it. Wouldn't really think too much about it if it wasn't there.
- Board Confidence objectives: Don't pay attention to it. I either get sacked, i resign or i don't.
- Development Centre: Not using it at all. I don't need to.
- Playing time pathway: Not sure what it is. If it is that thing when negotiating contracts then i just find it annoying.
- Interaction: Using it but it's monotonous and repetitive.
- Quick chats: Annoying.
- Pre-match staff advice: Good idea if staff knew what they were talking about. I don't listen to them at all.
- xG: I don't pay attention to it. Don't know what i would use the information for. I'm either happy with my player's performances or i'm not. Regardless what xG is supposed to tell me.
- End of Season Review: Is very nice. An easy and quick overview of the past season. Which seems to be working properly only for countries with seasons that span Autumn - Spring.....at least, for me.
- Deadline day experience: Torn. It's fun but it takes too long.
- Data Hub: Never used it. Don't know how to use it. Don't need to use it.
- New player roles: Not bothered one way or another. As long as i get my players to play the way i want them to, in the span of my FM career, then that is all that matters.

Just to add:
- Training: I never do training. It's just unnecessary and cumbersome stuff. I get by fine without it.
- Scouting: Is fun but i leave it to my Chief Scout/Scouts and see what they come up with. Half of my scouts aren't even assigned to anything, ever,  by my staff. So, it's not working properly.

I can very easily see myself without them. In that manner i would rather see them fix bugs and faults that has been there forever, like custom views, for one.
I think it's fun that it is there because i might change my mind one day, and not having it there then would probably be a bit annoying.

Maybe I'm in a minority then. I for example love doing all the training, scouting and getting involved with pretty much everything, for example developing youth, tactic building, squad building. 

It seems you play a much more stripped down style of FM than I do, and in that case I can see why most of the recent features might not resonate with your style of play, so i take what you've said on board! :thup:

3 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

Maybe I'm in a minority then. I for example love doing all the training, scouting and getting involved with pretty much everything, for example developing youth, tactic building, squad building. 

It seems you play a much more stripped down style of FM than I do, and in that case I can see why most of the recent features might not resonate with your style of play, so i take what you've said on board! :thup:

Nah, i don't think you are in the minority.
I actually don't mind it being there, even though i just wrote the opposite. It's just that i find, for myself, that they are features introduced which one doesn't really need to succeed.
All it takes is just observation during the matches.
There are so many features i don't use at all, so yes, you can definitely say i play a stripped down style. Very much so.

I just wish the features were there "out of necessity". To make the role as a manager harder but they are tools that helps you.
Right now, for me, they are just tools that introduces more clicks and screens which i don't really need. I get by fine without them.

34 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

I don't think you are in a minority. Everyone plays the game differently.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours have you put into FM22? You sound like someone that pays attention to detail, and likes to stick to one club/save for a longer period of time. I'm usually the opposite of that (seeing that I have managed 10-20 different clubs in FM22, usually for a few seasons only. I think my longest save was Tranmere, where I went on to play 6-7 seasons).

Sometimes, I just want to speed through a season, just making a tactic, signing players, and then trying to win as many games as possible. So in that case, I might not pay attention to every single part/feature of the game. Often I'd find a lot of these features irrelevant, as they don't necessarily help me win. If I make a good tactic, and if I have a team with players good enough to carry out those instructions, I'm already 90% there. The game relies on player's attributes (including hidden attributes), after all. So attributes in combination with tactics (instructions, and roles/duties) has the most impact in how well my team will perform in a match. At least that's how I see it, and it has worked well for me so far. 

Club vision doesn't help me, for example. I'm making my own tactical style, regardless of what the board wants me to play. I always try my best to get the team to finish as highest as possible, so I don't care about their goals. Mostly, I overachieve anyways, so they're happy with how I'm doing. 
I find staff-advice useless, as it usually changes my tactical style and philosophy, which I like to stick to.

I can absolutely see squad planner helping me, and being a big part of my gameplay moving forward. I'll have a much easier time of tracking down positions I need to strengthen. Same with recruitment revamp, it's gonna help me find exactly the type of players I need in my tactic.

Edited by (sic)

18 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Just out of curiosity, how many hours have you put into FM22? You sound like someone that pays attention to detail, and likes to stick to one club for a longer period of time. I'm usually the opposite of that (seeing that I have managed 10-20 different clubs in FM22, usually for a few seasons only. I think my longest save was Tranmere, where I went on to play 6-7 seasons)

I've got 1086 in FM22. My Beta save was 3 seasons with AC Milan (target man challenge with Giroud!) Then I moved to a unemployed journeyman on full release, starting in Denmark, dotting about and spending 5/6 seasons there before getting the job at Monaco and spending 4/5 seasons trying to overturn PSG before finally finishing that save with a year at Aston Villa! Most recently I started a Rebuild save with Real Zaragoza in May. I'm about 7 season in to this one, trying to get Zaragoza back up into European football after a fall from grace over the last 20/30 years! Just started my final season before FM23 is out :D

I do play with a lot of attention to detail, and like the challenge of a journeyman, having to re-evaluate the team and "start over" with each new team you manage, but yes I also love a one-club save. I'll turn my hand to any save/challenge tbh! :lol: