FM23 Headline Features Revealed

So for yet another version, Nothing mentioned of a overhaul of the transfer system which has been crying out for it for god knows how many years, Does anyone pick this up?, It's completely unrealistic in todays transfer market world, When does a club get a player for their market value nowadays> Never.

Gonna be another no for me for the 4th year runningĀ 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nicko said:

So for yet another version, Nothing mentioned of a overhaul of the transfer system which has been crying out for it for god knows how many years, Does anyone pick this up?, It's completely unrealistic in todays transfer market world, When does a club get a player for their market value nowadays> Never.

Gonna be another no for me for the 4th year runningĀ 

Always? The money they pay is the market value by definition because both buyer and seller agree on the price.

1 minute ago, xkvicd said:

Always? The money they pay is the market value by definition because both buyer and seller agree on the price.

Itā€™s never as simplistic as this. Sometimes a team is completely ripped off and has their pants pulled down; Man Utd with Harry Maguire.Ā 
Ā 

Liverpool with Andy Carroll.Ā 

9 minutes ago, lukavski said:

Right now, not much.

Ā 

But...

If they add:

1. Squad Dynamics, relationships (good and bad) between players.

2. A GOOD national legends podium panel.

3. A better and unique World Cup experience (Social Media, players to watch, match and tournaments predictions, etc).

4. Dynamic Supporters' opinions for each player (for player matches in their clubs and with their national team, ratings, player personality, etc).

This would be a nice addition to clubs too.

5. Better Scouts/Assitant manager feedback with stat cards and matches performances packs to replace the already old "Nation Pool".

Ā 

It would be a lot better, right?

Ā 

1. So Trent doesn't like playing with Maguire because of their club rivalry. How is that fun? Something completely out of your control now hinders you.Ā 
  2. Not sure what this isĀ 
  3. This seems more like small changes that add very little substance to the game. Take tournament and players to watch - how does that really impact my feeling for the experience? Most people skip through those emails in the core game
  4. Yeah this would be a nice additionĀ 
  5. Feel like this is a rebranding of nation pool. Maybe if they added the data hub + squad planner intoĀ 

Ā 

Should say im all for a better international experience as it a facet to the game but I do think that what you suggested adds very little to the game because in reality international football is a very stripped down version of FM. You lose the training, the youth development, have hindered squad building, limited games. There really isn't much and I think people want it nut they themselves dont know what they want to see

18 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

Nothing is appealing. That exactly is the point. Someone says that not a lot of people are playing international. Of course they are not, because its the same since forever. There is a good discussion on this forum about what could have been done to improve it.

Personally, i dont think its priority. I just added an example of whats neglected for years, but they are adding dynamic manager timeline as a headline feature

What would make it appealing. I believe people have this stance that international football needs resources committed to it to improve it but I think they want it but dont know what they want/ sounds like but in reality not much can be done with it. international football is a very stripped down version of the core FM. You cant train your squad (you can only do tactics), you have hindered squad building, cant develop youth, cant buy players and you play 10 games a year, if that.Ā 

Ā 

Theres very little to add. The amount of resources you have to put into it will result in less improvements to the core game for basically tiny benefit.Ā 

Some good features in there, and the UEFA branding looks slick, but I expected a set-pieces overhaul and international management improvements so a little disappointed with that. Match engine looks like itā€™s moved on slightly although not graphically.

Hoping this updated AI means improved AI squad building over time, which would improve long term saves.

47 minutes ago, CalumF said:

Set pieces upgrade please?!!

Never !! Manager Timeline as a headline feature is what you need!!Ā 

Yap, on a serious note I would love to see a new set pieces creator ..

We are talking about this for ages and every year we are ignored. There are pages after pages about set pieces in the suggestions forum, there are countless comments about the embarrassment that is the set pieces creator - and it is like this for years.Ā 

I really, really hope that the match engine improvements and manager AI do live up to the hype - because the other headlines are just - decent.

Also let's be fair, for a full price every year we should expect match engine improvements. It should be a given.

At least the default skin has less purple.. that should be a major headline feature.Ā :applause:

Ā 

Ā 

Just now, aj6658 said:

What would make it appealing. I believe people have this stance that international football needs resources committed to it to improve it but I think they want it but dont know what they want/ sounds like but in reality not much can be done with it. international football is a very stripped down version of the core FM. You cant train your squad (you can only do tactics), you have hindered squad building, cant develop youth, cant buy players and you play 10 games a year, if that.Ā 

Ā 

Theres very little to add. The amount of resources you have to put into it will result in less improvements to the core game for basically tiny benefit.Ā 

Why not add training? They actually do have trainings. Why not have more player-manager interaction? National pool is a mess, it should be sorted out. There is a big discussion from last year on this forum about it. Some really good ideas, so its not fair from you to say people dont know what they want. They literally do know what they want and they write about it here

Of course its stripped down version of club fm. But isnt that the same in real life? It doesnt have to be something revolutionary. But small improvements are more than welcomed because there is good amount of people who would enjoy international football, including me.

So what if they put some resources into international football? Its still a big part of football manager. Or at least it could be if they actually invest in it

But again, for me its also not a big deal. I think there are bigger issues to deal with. I am just saying they are adding cosmetic stuff and present them like headline features while there are lots of issues present since long time ago, which they ignore. One of them is international football. So i wouldnt focus too much on it in this topic.

1 minute ago, kandersson said:

As I've suggested in feature request thread years ago:

- Dynamics: pretty much the same as club, players would form social groups and good/bad relationships even at international level, based on personality and experiences at their clubs (e.g. good relationships if they play for the same club; bad relationships/different social groups if they play for rival clubs).

- Players partnerships: same as the club, players could develop good/bad partnerships on the pitch after they have played together for a while with the NT (or if they play together at their club).

- Player tutoring: same as the club, younger players could be mentored by veterans during international tournaments and NT stages (would also impact NT dynamics and social groups).

- Media coverage: more contextual media interaction, with particular focus on call-ups, tactical choices and possible dualism/rivalry between high profile players for a starting spot.

- More and better interaction between manager and players, resulting in good/bad relationships depending on call-ups, tactical choices and conversations.

- Ability to select larger squads (as often seen IRL with squads made of 30+ players)

- Ask the FA to build a new specific stadium for the NT.

- Ask the FA to build a specific training center for senior NT and youth teams

- Set international stages and practice matches for younger players.

- Ability to create a FA Academy

The issue is always gonna be that there just isn't enough games in a year. You're just gonna be simulating the games between international breaks. This is long and boring. to bypass this you need to have it outside of the core game which means you cant go from Newcastle manager to England manager and then to Madrid e.c.tĀ 

Player partnerships sound fun in reality would be a pain in reality. To build those relationships takes years if you're only playing a handful of games a year. Trying to foster that in such a small number of games won't be fun and by the time they start gelling you'll have new prospects coming throughĀ 

So tutoring does what exactly? Improve dynamics - cool, press one button and done. Its not like in the core game where you mentor to develop players attitudes and ability.

I Can get behind better interactions and reactions for tactics and calls up but this will get tedious just like it is in the core game

Ā 

Ā 

Everyones ideas on international football sounds fun but really think if FM did do them, people would find it dead boring and FM have wasted resources on something that added very little but cost alot

15 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

On regen faces - it makes such a difference playing with NewGan and having newgen players still look human.Ā  For long term games it really makes a difference.Ā  Going down the NewGan route would be ideal, but even if they scaled the newgen heads to match the player photos already in game (they always look significantly smaller) and found a skin shader that didn't look like a cheap plastic doll, that would help immensely. As I've said before if they stick with computer generated faces they should be looking to Crusader Kings for inspiration and a level to aim for.

The lack of any changes to the awful match graphics introduced in FM18 is another disappointment. Still the same dreadfully textured objects in massive gaps in the corners of stadiums and I'll be interested to see if we still get the three lighting variations and same stadium alignment for every game as has been the caseĀ  for years - didn't see anything in the video to suggest otherwise.

As for the features announcement - the word 'meh' was invented for an update like this.Ā  Let's hope the ME is good one one in FM23, because the rest seems pretty underwhelming.Ā 

Scouting changes may be OK, but only if scouts actually find useful players - they were so useless in FM22 that most people resorted to sending scouts to specific international youth teams or known clubs with good youth academies in order to find any young talent.Ā  Also, anything done about the big club old people's homes of FM22?

Ā 

Ā 

My problem with scouting was this. You have clubs policy of signing under 23 players for example. You set your scouts to scout under 23 players. And you would still be swamped with reports about much older players. It would be good if they fixed it this year.

I agree with everything in your post

51 minutes ago, lukavski said:

Right now, not much.

Ā 

But...

If they add:

1. Squad Dynamics, relationships (good and bad) between players.

2. A GOOD national legends podium panel.

3. A better and unique World Cup experience (Social Media, players to watch, match and tournaments predictions, etc).

4. Dynamic Supporters' opinions for each player (for player matches in their clubs and with their national team, ratings, player personality, etc).

This would be a nice addition to clubs too.

5. Better Scouts/Assitant manager feedback with stat cards and matches performances packs to replace the already old "Nation Pool".

Ā 

It would be a lot better, right?

Ā 

6. Training.Ā  Add some tweaks to the existing module (actually ideally suited for planning training when you've only got a few days, and have player fitness to manage) and it'd actually feel like something

I also hope they've fixed a few longstanding bugs in international manageement

It's a "stripped back" experience, but that's sort of the point when you just want to watch matches, accelerate into the future and not have to constantly deal with nothing games, contracts and nagging financial issues. Yeah, I'm the weirdo that actually likes international management.

Edited by enigmatic

4 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

Why not add training? They actually do have trainings. Why not have more player-manager interaction? National pool is a mess, it should be sorted out. There is a big discussion from last year on this forum about it. Some really good ideas, so its not fair from you to say people dont know what they want. They literally do know what they want and they write about it here

Of course its stripped down version of club fm. But isnt that the same in real life? It doesnt have to be something revolutionary. But small improvements are more than welcomed because there is good amount of people who would enjoy international football, including me.

So what if they put some resources into international football? Its still a big part of football manager. Or at least it could be if they actually invest in it

But again, for me its also not a big deal. I think there are bigger issues to deal with. I am just saying they are adding cosmetic stuff and present them like headline features while there are lots of issues present since long time ago, which they ignore. One of them is international football. So i wouldnt focus too much on it in this topic.

You have players with you a handful of times a year. What level of depth do you expect them to add for the month in a year total they have with them (in that month includes games)

International football is a very small part of what brings FM fans to the game. People want to develop players, complete transfers, get promoted and play games. All of which aren't international football. I dont think FM will ever develop it because there isn't much in thereĀ 

I think people have ideas which sound good but in reality aren't very interesting or fun to play. Don't get me wrong, im an incredibly harsh critic of FM and maintain they need competition to actually see big improvements year on year but like you, its not a big deal for the majority and im just pointing out to people who want it that its ideas aren't really adding anything and shouldn't be upset if there isn't investment in it.

43 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ā 

There are literally multiple threads in the suggestion forums with details about how it can be impoved...

Ā 

And a lot of the things that are asked for are already in the game just not available for International management.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

20 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

The issue is always gonna be that there just isn't enough games in a year. You're just gonna be simulating the games between international breaks. This is long and boring. to bypass this you need to have it outside of the core game which means you cant go from Newcastle manager to England manager and then to Madrid e.c.tĀ 

Player partnerships sound fun in reality would be a pain in reality. To build those relationships takes years if you're only playing a handful of games a year. Trying to foster that in such a small number of games won't be fun and by the time they start gelling you'll have new prospects coming throughĀ 

So tutoring does what exactly? Improve dynamics - cool, press one button and done. Its not like in the core game where you mentor to develop players attitudes and ability.

I Can get behind better interactions and reactions for tactics and calls up but this will get tedious just like it is in the core game

Ā 

Ā 

Everyones ideas on international football sounds fun but really think if FM did do them, people would find it dead boring and FM have wasted resources on something that added very little but cost alot

Well the idea is to make international management more immersive and less boring, and most of the 'new' features suggested are actually already present at club level so I can't imagine them wasting that many resources (btw SI are currently investing lots of time and resources in a new feature I have personally zero interest in and won't even be present in FM23Ā :D)

International management has been quite neglected in the years and as others have said the upcoming World Cup so close to release date could have been a perfect (and unique) chance to change that. Feels a bit like a missed chance to me.

Edited by kandersson

7 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

There are literally multiple threads in the suggestion forums with details about how it can be impoved...

Ā 

And a lot of the things that are asked for are already in the game just not available of International management.

like I been saying - alot of ideas which sound good in reality are boring or engaging.Ā 

The simple issue is unless you take it out of the core game and build it, it will always be long and boring. If you do and create it outside, you're building a part of the game which limited people want when there are bigger issues.Ā 

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

like I been saying - alot of ideas which sound good in reality are boring or engaging.Ā 

The simple issue is unless you take it out of the core game and build it, it will always be long and boring. If you do and create it outside, you're building a part of the game which limited people want when there are bigger issues.Ā 

It's okay if you don't have any interest in the mode, but don't make false statements or try to speak for other players of the game.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

Just now, kandersson said:

Well the idea is to make international manager more immersive and less boring, and most of the 'new' features suggested are actually already present at club level so I can't imagine them wasting that many resources (btw SI are currently investing lots of time and resources in a new feature I have personally zero interest in and won't even be present in FM23Ā :D)

International management has been quite neglected in the years and as others have said the upcoming World Cup so close to release date could have been a perfect (and unique) chance to change that. Feels a bit like a missed chance to me.

But again, you have like 10 games a year. What do you do in-between those international breaks? Cos you need to be simulating that to the AI to get injured players, develop youth prospects and build form.Ā 

Alot of the stuff at club level simply won't work in the limited time you are with your squads. There is very limited to do as a international manager in real life let alone the game.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, Cro-cop said:

Why not add training?

because in football manager training is there just to improve attributes it's very different from training IRL and if you consider the amount of time you have with the national team it makes no difference and I wouldn't want AI managers messing with the training of my players. I would rather them just add the function to rest playersĀ 

Edited by DarJ

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

You have players with you a handful of times a year. What level of depth do you expect them to add for the month in a year total they have with them (in that month includes games)

International football is a very small part of what brings FM fans to the game. People want to develop players, complete transfers, get promoted and play games. All of which aren't international football. I dont think FM will ever develop it because there isn't much in thereĀ 

I think people have ideas which sound good but in reality aren't very interesting or fun to play. Don't get me wrong, im an incredibly harsh critic of FM and maintain they need competition to actually see big improvements year on year but like you, its not a big deal for the majority and im just pointing out to people who want it that its ideas aren't really adding anything and shouldn't be upset if there isn't investment in it.

You can add a lot of things, it doesnt have to go too deep, just like it doesnt and cant go too deep in real life. But its still part of football and it should be part of FM too. And fm should be realistic representation of real life football.

Yes, people want that. And also people want international football. And yes, international football is different from club football in game, just as it is in real life.

There is a lot of not interesting or fun to play parts in FM that are added. But those things are added in the name of realism. So why not have it for international too? Why not have it just a bit more deep? Literally nothing is added for the last xx amount of years. Thats a problem for people and i understad why. Especially after you see what they say is a headline feature.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

You can't possibly know how many people want International management to be improved. You are basing it from your own opinions and passing it off as fact.

It's like me saying they shouldn't bother with womens football. I won't play it, but I am sure there will be plenty of people out there who will and will attract probably quite a few women to play the game.

Squad planner looks like a neat feature. It'll really help with planning as now you won't have to write down your provisional future squads in the notepad or somewhere else.

Scouting focus reminds me of those special scouting assignments we have this year within the recruitment meeting and they were more fruitful than a regular assignment so that sounds good as well.

More interaction with agents and the UEFA competitions licence are a nice addition, too.

Better manager AI really sounds like a key feature, but same was said about passing last year so we'll have to wait and see if it's as good as it sounds.

Supporter confidence is a nice touch for clubs that engage with their supporters a lot. Bundesliga might be a fun place to manage this year.

Manager timeline as a headline feature, on the other hand, really s underwhelming. Surely there was something better to advertise than a fancier season recap?

All in all, I'm not disappointed as 4/5 features look like interesting additions, but I still hope some unannounced features are headline worthy. A set-piece creator revamp would be more than welcome.

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

because in football manager training is there just to improve attributes it's very different from training IRL and if you consider the amount of time you have with the national team it makes no difference. I would rather them just add the function to rest playersĀ 

No it isn't. It is there to build team and tactical cohesion too. A quite important part of International management.

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

because in football manager training is there just to improve attributes it's very different from training IRL and if you consider the amount of time you have with the national team it makes no difference. I would rather them just add the function to rest playersĀ 

Okay, that makes sense. But still, some kind of training should be added to improve tactical familiarity. And i agree about resting players issue

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

If you dont have any interest in the mode, then fine. But dont make false statements are try to speak for other players of the game.

Im pointing out that people have this big negative over SI for not investing in International management shouldn't because I've read the comments, I've given rebuttals to people arguments and in reality there is so little to do in international management in real life let alone in the game.Ā 

If they implemented what people said and took resources away from other areas, we will be here again, complaining about it.Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

No all training are for attributes in the game. As in real life, training for national team is for cohesion and learning the tactic. And this is need if your team is constantly changing trying to find the right group of players to prepare for the world cup.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

4 minutes ago, davehanson said:

It is there to build team and tactical cohesion too

technically yes but it doesn't make that much difference currently in FM. You can play with different formations and players every single game and still win effortlesslyĀ 

3 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

No all training are for attributes in the game. As in real life, training for national team is for cohesion and learning the tactic.

But what other options do you have then? Canā€™t we just assume theyā€™re training that in the background?

If theyā€™re all training the tactic, theyā€™ll be a lack of actual options.Ā 

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

But again, you have like 10 games a year. What do you do in-between those international breaks? Cos you need to be simulating that to the AI to get injured players, develop youth prospects and build form.Ā 

Alot of the stuff at club level simply won't work in the limited time you are with your squads. There is very limited to do as a international manager in real life let alone the game.

Ā 

For one, that might be the user's intended play style, to get through faster. Secondly, you can manage both club and national teams simultaneously which Im sure most people who like to build a nation would do and not to mention building a nation should be focused on International team.Ā 

To answer you question, outside of playing games, your job is to scout and find players as well as hidden youth for the future. As of now, the scouting in this mode is non existent.

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Im pointing out that people have this big negative over SI for not investing in International management shouldn't because I've read the comments, I've given rebuttals to people arguments and in reality there is so little to do in international management in real life let alone in the game.Ā 

If they implemented what people said and took resources away from other areas, we will be here again, complaining about it.Ā 

Ā 

Respectfully, your rebuttals are based on what you think people will say. Without any actual knowledge. And mentioning resources and how it would take a lotĀ  from other parts of game. But when you see what they are spending time working on, i would argue that they are already doing what you said they would be doing if they invested time in international football

7 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ā 

And your thesis is weak. Nothing you are saying is supported with facts.Ā 

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

3 minutes ago, davehanson said:

You can't possibly know how many people want International management to be improved. You are basing it from your own opinions and passing it off as fact.

It's like me saying they shouldn't bother with womens football. I won't play it, but I am sure there will be plenty of people out there who will and will attract probably quite a few women to play the game.

Its a logical assumption - international football is not why people buy the game. People buy FM because they likeĀ transfers, squad building, training, youth development , managing budgets managing different leagues, playing lots of different games. International football element is the barebones of this so its a safe assumptions.Ā 

Dont let my rebuttal cloud your ability to think logicallyĀ 

Ā 

and your second point - that's a bad argument. The women game will have the same systems and the same core gameplay while international football does not. Its like me saying I only play premier league - I dont care about La liga. See? International football is the barebones of FMĀ 

1 hour ago, davehanson said:

I have had players with a lot less than 12 stamina get to full time - again another point. You can have a full team on low fitness by the end of the game, I have never seen it make any difference at all. Luka Modric for example - again Real Madrid, don't have to sub him at 60 or 75 mins. It makes no difference if I leave him on for the entire game.

Why do you feel you need to sub players on 60 or 75 mins?

Their energy is practically red. In this state they are much more prone to injuries.

5 minutes ago, DarJ said:

technically yes but it doesn't make that much difference currently in FM. You can play with different formations and players every single game and still win effortlesslyĀ 

This is an overall problem with that game that is hopefully fixed with the new AI and match engine improvements.

3 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Its a logical assumption - international football is not why people buy the game. People buy FM because they likeĀ transfers, squad building, training, youth development , managing budgets managing different leagues, playing lots of different games. International football element is the barebones of this so its a safe assumptions.Ā 

Ā 

and your second point - that's a bad argument. The women game will have the same systems and the same core gameplay while international football does not. Its like me saying I only play premier league - I dont care about La liga. See? International football is the barebones of FMĀ 

I literally purchased FM for the first time back in 2010 specially for International management, sadly nothing really changed since then.

3 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Their energy is practically red. In this state they are much more prone to injuries.

Are they? I will check to see how many injuries Modric has had at nearly 40 years of age later. I agree they are in the red every single game. Again, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to their performance on the pitch - they still run as far and as fast as at the start of the game. Injuries I will check but I don't recall him having anymore than any other player.

Just now, Cro-cop said:

Respectfully, your rebuttals are based on what you think people will say. Without any actual knowledge. And mentioning resources and how it would take a lotĀ  from other parts of game. But when you see what they are spending time working on, i would argue that they are already doing what you said they would be doing if they invested time in international football

People have an idea e.g. Player tutoring would be good to add. I point what impact that would have if you have a handful of days together. Its not going to develop a player trait or personality so what?

Or player partnerships - mentioned how there are only a limited number of days together and limited number of tournaments for a player so how do you develop that ?

What do you do in-between international breaks.

Im asking questions - going down to understand impact and experience.Ā 

There have been people who said there should be a system to spend the salary you earn as a manager somehow- people come up with ideas but when it comes to the reality, they're not great

Ā 

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I literally purchased FM for the first time back in 2010 specially for International management, sadly nothing really changed since then.

You bought the following ones because of international football too?Ā 

You clearly like it enough to be on a forum and maybe its because the core of the game is what hooks you.

5 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ā 

Again, you are making assumptions. I buy, or did buy, FM to mainly play club football. However, I would love to play international football but have not done so for years as there is so much missing - ie training.

And yes the women's game will have the same core game play. But does that mean they are not throwing resources at it? Animations, player data etc. So, it isn't a bad argument at all - they couldĀ use those resources to improve the International management side of the game, but they have chosen not to. I am not blaming them for that btw, I personally (as I have said) have no interest in the Women's game but I am sure there will be thousands out there that will.

7 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Personally, I think FM is at the point now where it doesn't necessarily need anything new, it just needs refinements so I'm not surprised they didn't announce anything ground breakingĀ 

100% - think there are a few bits to add like set pieces but everything else is in the game and needs tweaks or small add ons.Ā 

The meat of it needs to be AI and ME

but that stuff is much harder to sell in a headlines feature

12 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Ā 

Different people play the game in different ways. One of my go-to saves is always managing New Zealand NT and a NZ club. Club season goes actually faster as I manage NT senior team plus U23 and U20 in major youth tournaments (Olympics, U20 World Cup, U20 OFC, Toulon) and use NT rather than club to develop young players. A revamp of international management has been on my FM wish list for years.

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

You bought the following ones because of international football too?Ā 

You clearly like it enough to be on a forum and maybe its because the core of the game is what hooks you.

I bought the game every year as a supporter hoping things that I enjoy would be improved. Yes, I enjoy the game for what it is but that doesn't mean I don't care about any other areas. For example most of my bug reporting here is for MLS but I never actually started a long term save in that league, mainly because its been faulty every year. Ā Most of my testing is with MLS. Its ultimately the league I want to play and buy the game for along with International Management.

Just now, davehanson said:

Again, you are making assumptions. I buy, or did buy, FM to mainly play club football. However, I would love to play international football but have not done so for years as there is so much missing - ie training.

And yes the women's game will have the same core game play. But does that mean they are not throwing resources at it? Animations, player data etc. So, it isn't a bad argument at all - they couldĀ use those resources to improve the International management side of the game, but they have chosen not to. I am not blaming them for that btw, I personally (as I have said) have no interest in the Women's game but I am sure there will be thousands out there that will.

of course I am. Do you expect me to have interviewed every FM customer to get their view?

Ok take training for example - you have your squad with you for about month in non competition years. IN that month you have games as well. What are you going to do in training? International football is less about training in real life. You're not developing players, it simple getting a basic tactical system in place and getting ready for the opposition so what really do you think training is gonna provide to you?Ā 

You're literally just going to be choosing a tactic and training that.Ā 

Im really just trying to point out that these ideas people have sound good but really think how it plays in game in such a small time frame.Ā 

Ā 

Ā