Help Vs Top Team Tactic

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. Can anybody help?

I got a championship team promoted to the Premiership using these tactic and used it again in my first season. finished 15th, not bad. Improved my team at end of season and am using the same tactics again for my 2nd season in the premiership. I have no problems competing against mid and lower teams, but against top or elite teams i struggle to score or even create chances and concede quite heavily. Main tactic is HOME. Vs Top Teams AWAY. I have no individual player settings set on either tactic.

Tactic Home.png

Tactic Away.png

If you're winning against teams you are supposed to win and only losing to the big teams then I don't see a problem, it's just down to player quality, the more you improve your squad the better you will be able to compete against them

Well your defense seems that risks too much, consider making the central defender a nncb. Your dlp or cm both don't mark at the flanks, consider using a BWM instead of a cm and check "stay wider" to your pressing forward to provide defensive cover there (training him as AML also helps). In transition I would throw it long to the playmaker, it would help with the counter a lot.

Edited by Poison

When you are playing at home, have you considered just playing your home tactic? I often find having a go at home is more productive then playing more cautiously.

If you are both not creating chances and conceding lots, my guess is that you are constantly losing possession, probably from kick off and letting the AI get attack after attack in. Your away formation is does seem a bit staggered with not much movement between the lines. Maybe let one of your WBs on attack and a CM and see if that gives you a bit more movement. You can also try playing narrower and even lower the tempo a bit to give your players time to make a decision.