Cheapest Place to Buy FM23

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Edd1eB2 said:

Humble are still the cheapest if you've been a member for 12 months but they aren't releasing the keys for beta yet even though they are on Segas list.

Had the same issue with Amazon. Pre-ordered and no key. On the chat with them they said it is up to sega/SI to release the key. I think they are talking rubbish, but they won’t give me a key until 9th November

2 hours ago, eastpapaya said:

Gamesplanet seems the cheapest with Beta acess in EU at 38,76€, unless any one has found something else

CD Keys and FM Scout are both in the same price range. It a question of cents at this point.

You get beta with both.

On 20/10/2022 at 17:08, davehanson said:

Okay, sorry to break the news to you. 

You don't get Beta access through CD Keys - you never have done. The game will show in your steam library, because you have bought the product, but you won't get access to the Beta. Sorry.

You DO get beta access via Cd keys because I have and have done before and in a lot of games I've purchased from their, not sure where you are getting your information from?

3 hours ago, LowieRed said:

You DO get beta access via Cd keys because I have and have done before and in a lot of games I've purchased from their, not sure where you are getting your information from?

From SI. They are not on the approved list, so you should not get it. I ordered from them a few years back and didn’t get it.

If you do then great, but it shouldn’t be possible. They are a dodgy key reselling site, and before you or anyone slates that comment, I use them but am aware the risks involved with using them - they are not 100% legit

Wheras I ordered from someone on SI’s approved list and can’t get the Beta - so go figure! Not sure that approved list is worth anything to be fair

Edited by davehanson

2 hours ago, davehanson said:

From SI. They are not on the approved list, so you should not get it. I ordered from them a few years back and didn’t get it.

If you do then great, but it shouldn’t be possible. They are a dodgy key reselling site, and before you or anyone slates that comment, I use them but am aware the risks involved with using them - they are not 100% legit

Wheras I ordered from someone on SI’s approved list and can’t get the Beta - so go figure! Not sure that approved list is worth anything to be fair

You are wrong on this one, you do get the beta access. Playing the game now I ordered from them. Key was delivered immediately. 

1 hour ago, Mark Twains said:

You are wrong on this one, you do get the beta access. Playing the game now I ordered from them. Key was delivered immediately. 

I am not wrong. Please try to comprehend what I said.

CDKeys are NOT on the approved seller list for FM23 from SI. Therefore, they should not be able to include the Beta with the purchase. Just because they are doing so doesn't mean they are allowed to. It is good for you, and others I guess, that they are doing it - but again, just because they are doing it doesn't make it 'right' that they are able to do so.

On 20/10/2022 at 18:08, davehanson said:

Okay, sorry to break the news to you. 

You don't get Beta access through CD Keys - you never have done. The game will show in your steam library, because you have bought the product, but you won't get access to the Beta. Sorry.

You said you don’t get beta. That is a lie.

8 minutes ago, Valencia7 said:

You said you don’t get beta. That is a lie.

Jesus IQ's are low around here today. 

You should not get the Beta with CDKeys. Because they are acting ilegally isn't me lying is it?

And I am not going to keep going over it, enjoy the game.

Edited by davehanson

Maybe they bought keys in bulk quantity from an approved seller and are reselling them. Why is it 'illegal' that they offer beta acces? Stop being hurt that someone mentioned you are spreading false information. They proved you get beta access from cdkeys. Move on.

Edited by Vali184

11 hours ago, LowieRed said:

Edited by IMT
whoops

9 hours ago, davehanson said:

I am not wrong. Please try to comprehend what I said.

CDKeys are NOT on the approved seller list for FM23 from SI. Therefore, they should not be able to include the Beta with the purchase. Just because they are doing so doesn't mean they are allowed to. It is good for you, and others I guess, that they are doing it - but again, just because they are doing it doesn't make it 'right' that they are able to do so.

CDKeys are not on the SEGA approved retailers list, that much is true.

What seems to be the case now is if the keys are there to be dispatched, beta access will be available.  The important thing seems to be having the key to add the game to your library.  Steam cannot differentiate between a key bought on CDKeys, to one bought via Fanatical (or any other SEGA approved retailer) when the game wasn't purchased directly from Steam itself, so if the game is in your library when the beta goes live, you get the beta.

Again, where the keys are coming from is another matter.  With any grey market reseller, such as CDKeys there is a chance the keys may not have been obtained legitimately (ie, there is a chance stolen financial details were used), so these sites are very much a "use at your own risk" thing.  If it transpires the key was purchased originally using stolen credit card details, the key could end up being revoked and there are consequences for this outside of losing access to the game key you bought in good faith, for example, Valve could ban your Steam account which means you lose access to everything you ever bought via the account no matter how it was bought.

Of course, many of the keys being sold on these sites are obtained entirely legitimately.  In fact, I would guess that most are legitimate.  But there is always that chance they may not be and that's a risk you need to be aware of if buying from them.

Edited by kevhamster

On 21/10/2022 at 15:54, davehanson said:

Had the same issue with Amazon. Pre-ordered and no key. On the chat with them they said it is up to sega/SI to release the key. I think they are talking rubbish, but they won’t give me a key until 9th November

I complained to Humble and got the key about 6 hours later.

23 hours ago, Vali184 said:

Maybe they bought keys in bulk quantity from an approved seller and are reselling them. Why is it 'illegal' that they offer beta acces? Stop being hurt that someone mentioned you are spreading false information. They proved you get beta access from cdkeys. Move on.

Again, not how it works. I am not hurt, you are more than a little condesending there, and I too have used CDKeys plenty of times. But 'buying in bulk' isn't what they do.

They are resellers that do not work with the publisher directly. The 'keys' generally come from regions that are priced the lowest. So these resellers will buy keys from say Argentina as game prices there on Steam are very low. They will tehn resell these at a higher cost in higher value countries. 

I care not if people have got the Beta or not, certainly not hurt, it is up to individuals where they buy the game from - but, as you have proved by your comments about buying in bulk, people have no idea where or how these keys were obtained and if at any point they are proved to be falsely used or obtained it is only going to be the end user who has the game, and likely their steam account, removed from them.

On 23/10/2022 at 15:14, davehanson said:

Again, not how it works. I am not hurt, you are more than a little condescending there, and I too have used CDKeys plenty of times. But 'buying in bulk' isn't what they do.

They are resellers that do not work with the publisher directly. The 'keys' generally come from regions that are priced the lowest. So these resellers will buy keys from say Argentina as game prices there on Steam are very low. They will then resell these at a higher cost in higher value countries. 

I care not if people have got the Beta or not, certainly not hurt, it is up to individuals where they buy the game from - but, as you have proved by your comments about buying in bulk, people have no idea where or how these keys were obtained and if at any point they are proved to be falsely used or obtained it is only going to be the end user who has the game, and likely their steam account, removed from them.

Never had a key or a game revoked when using CD keys and I've been using them for almost 12 years now. Sorry but the simple mention of "I care not if people have got the Beta or not, certainly not hurt " tells me you kinda are. Just because they are not approved doesn't mean they can't include beta and there's nothing dodgy about CD keys, if they were do you think they would be allowed to trade within the UK or us being able to connect to their website? Anyway from this article by The Mirror newspaper says nothing about approved list to get beta but if you pre-order from Steam, Epic, Microsoft store etc. I got a steam key from Cd keys so It's classed has pre-order. Here's the article Football Manager 2023 Beta available now - Here's how to download on PC and Mac - Mirror Online. To be fair not much has changed that really warranted a new game as such, whilst there as been some nice new additions, most of it seems the same as FM22.

Also here's some information that you seemed to have missed with regards to CD keys being dodgy: Is CDkeys Legit and Safe? Or, is it a Scam? | The Legality

13 hours ago, LowieRed said:

Never had a key or a game revoked when using CD keys and I've been using them for almost 12 years now. Sorry but the simple mention of "I care not if people have got the Beta or not, certainly not hurt " tells me you kinda are. Just because they are not approved doesn't mean they can't include beta and there's nothing dodgy about CD keys, if they were do you think they would be allowed to trade within the UK or us being able to connect to their website? Anyway from this article by The Mirror newspaper says nothing about approved list to get beta but if you pre-order from Steam, Epic, Microsoft store etc. I got a steam key from Cd keys so It's classed has pre-order. Here's the article Football Manager 2023 Beta available now - Here's how to download on PC and Mac - Mirror Online. To be fair not much has changed that really warranted a new game as such, whilst there as been some nice new additions, most of it seems the same as FM22.

Also here's some information that you seemed to have missed with regards to CD keys being dodgy: Is CDkeys Legit and Safe? Or, is it a Scam? | The Legality

How on earth do you figure that? I DON'T CARE. You bought the game from them, it worked, you are playing. I'm glad and happy for you. Why do I honestly care where you got the game from?  I was, at the time, simply trying to warn someone that they won't get the Beta. i was obviously wrong on that, but doesn't change the fact that it was never intended by SI for CDKeys to be allowed to offer the Beta. Indeed, you or someone else - can't see who now, said they have ordered from CDKeys for many years and always got the Beta. Various articles on Reddit state otherwise - some people not getting it.

From SI themselves:: 

If you’ve pre-purchased from a SEGA-approved digital retailer the FM23 Beta is now fully playable

Hence, CDKeys are not approved. I would rather take the words from the develpoer themselves than from a newspaper.

And some important info you seemed to have missed: 

So, dodgy as in not 100% above board. Look, I have used them before and will continue no doubt to use them again. But, I am aware of the risks. I certainly don't go thinking 'they are allowed to trade in the UK so they must be okay', because, yeah - no dodgy company has ever been allowed to trade in the UK has it? 

So, lets leave it now eh? You have the game, I have the game, everfyone who got it is happy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So not sure if anyone is still looking but I think I might have a cheap way to buy the game.

CDKeys are offering the game for £29.99. 

If you go through Quidco (cashback website) they not only offer 25% cashback - bringing it down to £22.50 - but they're doing an opt in bonus where you get £10 bonus cash back for any spend of £15. 

Now this is all if Quidco works - and it's notorious for not working - and of course you have to wait for the cash back to be paid, but I defy anyone to find a better value gaming deal than FM23 for £12.50. 

More info on the Quidco stuff here https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-10-bonus-cashback-when-you-spend-ps-l5or-more-with-at-quidco-4042295

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

None league clubs are the best places to get the game from, always the cheapest and it helps the clubs out aswell

York City also has it for £25, but as Royal Mail strikes are going on it might take a little while to deliver (I ordered the game 8 days ago and still haven't received it)

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tom14 said:

Haven't bought this years version yet and had been looking at CD Keys but they don't have a mac version a far as I can see.

what do you mean by mac version? 

I'm pretty sure you have access to steam on the mac

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

what do you mean by mac version? 

I'm pretty sure you have access to steam on the mac

I do have access to steam but the version on CD Keys website just specifies that it is for 'PC' and only has the windows symbol on it, not the mac one. And the system requirements are only given for Windows and not mac.