Cheapest Place to Buy FM23

23 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I'm wondering if Sega got hassle from other retailers due to Shopto always undercutting everyone and this is how they've responded to that?

Maybe, its a good thought, but surely a price cap would make more sense to most? Mind you, It is SEGA...

Or even just pull it from ShopTo altogether. Sales will, I assume, Massivly tank for them. No Benefit to using them now Whatsoever over other retailers.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KillYourIdols said:

Maybe, its a good thought, but surely a price cap would make more sense to most? Mind you, It is SEGA...

Or even just pull it from ShopTo altogether. Sales will, I assume, Massivly tank for them. No Benefit to using them now Whatsoever over other retailers.

They will still do fine from people who aren't bothered about taking part in the beta, as they are still the cheapest place to buy FM23.  But for anyone who wants to play the beta, then shopto are no longer an option.

1 minute ago, kevhamster said:

They will still do fine from people who aren't bothered about taking part in the beta, as they are still the cheapest place to buy FM23.  But for anyone who wants to play the beta, then shopto are no longer an option.

Eh, I'm sure they do, but the Beta hype crowd must still be a sizeable chunk of possible lost sales.

On 26/09/2022 at 17:01, kevhamster said:

Not sure if shipping aplies to you Brits, but international sales aren't that cheap anymore. I've went through the whole SEGA Approved Partner list and Gamesplanet is only some 20 pence more expensive than ShopTo after shipping and you do get Beta access.

Btw, I hope ShopTo's website and their "queueing" die a painful death.

6 hours ago, sdx15 said:

Not sure if shipping aplies to you Brits, but international sales aren't that cheap anymore. I've went through the whole SEGA Approved Partner list and Gamesplanet is only some 20 pence more expensive than ShopTo after shipping and you do get Beta access.

Btw, I hope ShopTo's website and their "queueing" die a painful death.

I was specifically referring to sales within the UK - as far as I know it's free shipping here.

And I have no idea what queuing you're referring to.  I've never had any issues like that.  The website's always worked well for me.

Can someone confirm that I dont have to wait for some box on the 8th of November (the thing Shopto started with) but will instantly get a key and can play around 2 weeks before so around 25th of October if I order from Gamesplanet?

I was thinking if someone allready ordered fm23 from gamesplanet and can confirm this. I live in the EU. Thank you!

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/football-manager-2023-steam-key--5880-1

Edited by LOZONO1

13 hours ago, LOZONO1 said:

Can someone confirm that I dont have to wait for some box on the 8th of November (the thing Shopto started with) but will instantly get a key and can play around 2 weeks before so around 25th of October if I order from Gamesplanet?

I was thinking if someone allready ordered fm23 from gamesplanet and can confirm this. I live in the EU. Thank you!

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/football-manager-2023-steam-key--5880-1

Yeah you’ll get a key not a box as it’s “steam key”

Edited by zakbrown96

On 08/10/2022 at 19:49, b.sinisa said:

So where is the cheapest for us guys who are outside of UK?

Are you based in Serbia (I've assumed that from you being a Partizan Belgrade supporter)?

If so, you can also buy the game from Fanatical, which is the cheapest place to buy it.

image.png.d646dd3a032790381aae10b03347f072.png

Edited by kevhamster

I've pre-ordered the game here:

https://www.eneba.com/other-football-manager-2023-pc-mac-official-website-key-europe/gaming4life

Does anyone know if I get beta access? It says 'We inform you that our PRE-ORDER bonuses may not be included and when included, may differ from the other offers available in the market. You will receive your product key upon the game’s release date. Key has to be activated on official Football Manager site: REDEEM.FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM . Upon activation you will be able to select your platform : Steam, Epic Games or Microsoft store.'

Edited by FelixForte

On 12/10/2022 at 22:28, FelixForte said:

I've pre-ordered the game here:

https://www.eneba.com/other-football-manager-2023-pc-mac-official-website-key-europe/gaming4life

Does anyone know if I get beta access? It says 'We inform you that our PRE-ORDER bonuses may not be included and when included, may differ from the other offers available in the market. You will receive your product key upon the game’s release date. Key has to be activated on official Football Manager site: REDEEM.FOOTBALLMANAGER.COM . Upon activation you will be able to select your platform : Steam, Epic Games or Microsoft store.'

Looking at that decription, no beta access.

3 hours ago, T-IceMan said:

Looking at that decription, no beta access.

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

Eneba is not official partner 

Thanks both. I actually contacted them and got a full refund within a couple of minutes. Have now bought from Fanatical, which was a few euros more expensive but does have beta access and allowed me to support my favourite content creator.

However, if you're from EU and just want the game as cheap as possible, check out here: https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-football-manager-2023-cd-key-compare-prices/

Do be aware though that you're likely not getting beta access and may have to wait a day or so to get your key.

On 12/10/2022 at 06:06, Cometdude said:

Currently £28.74 if you have Amazon Prime

Same price on Humble if you have been a subscriber for 12 months.

Price on Amazon has gone up to £34.99 and the listing suggests no beta access.

Great offer from CDKeys, not an official Sega partner mind you.

27% off if you are from the UK, price £32.99, and even better if you are from the EU; 35% off - price €38.69. I can't see it available for players outside of Europe.

Instant key delivery and beta access included - confirmed.

I got the link to the offer from a blog - link to fm23 on cdkeys

On 15/10/2022 at 14:19, Mark Twains said:

27% off if you are from the UK, price £32.99, and even better if you are from the EU; 35% off - price €38.69. I can't see it available for players outside of Europe.

Are you sure about beta?

On 15/10/2022 at 13:19, Mark Twains said:

Fanatical is still cheaper within the UK, even if not using a content creator's affiliate link and it is a SEGA approved retailer.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/football-manager-2023

35 minutes ago, Jamie Cortez said:

Is the cheapest place not gamepass now? 

Depends on your point of view.   It's £7.99 per month for the basic version of Game Pass for PC games.  If you're doing this purely for FM, then over the course of the year this would be more expensive than just buying it.  If you're using it for other games too, then it could be argued it's better value overall, however:-

The thing with Game Pass is, you only have access to the game for the duration of time that it's on the Game Pass service, and there's no guarantee how long that would be.  Also, I don't think the editors are available for anyone who likes to use edited databases, I'm not sure whether you can add graphics packs on the Game Pass version and also you won't get access to the beta via Game Pass.

I'm not knocking Game Pass here though, I subscribe to it myself and have done for quite some time and it is superb value.  However, it won't suit everyone who wants to play FM.

35 minutes ago, hufcpaul said:

Does anyone have a list of where we can buy it from which will include beta? 

Google sega approved retailers and you’ll find a list, if you get it from any of those lists you’ll have beta access

10 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Google sega approved retailers and you’ll find a list, if you get it from any of those lists you’ll have beta access

The exception to this, for FM23 at least, appears to be shopto.net as they are selling code in box versions.

https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

51 minutes ago, CaptainPanty said:

I used to buy it on shopto as digital code for under 35€, but this years it is not possible and the cheapest is above 40€ ! at the time when the purchasing power is falling everywhere, such a disapointement. :(

Is that the same with Fanatical? 

il y a 21 minutes, kevhamster a dit :

Is that the same with Fanatical? 

Fanatical is 45€ and 42€ with a discount code. 

It's the first time i won't buy a FM game thanks to Sega.

Well, i'm going to game pass but i guess no Beta.

10 minutes ago, CaptainPanty said:

Fanatical is 45€ and 42€ with a discount code. 

It's the first time i won't buy a FM game thanks to Sega.

Well, i'm going to game pass but i guess no Beta.

To be fair the game has been the same price for years. It's not ideal with everything else becoming more expensive but perhaps it's to be expected that the game's price will have increased. 

On 18/10/2022 at 20:24, Mark Twains said:

Yes, I have the game in my Steam library waiting for the release.

Okay, sorry to break the news to you. 

You don't get Beta access through CD Keys - you never have done. The game will show in your steam library, because you have bought the product, but you won't get access to the Beta. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Okay, sorry to break the news to you. 

You don't get Beta access through CD Keys - you never have done. The game will show in your steam library, because you have bought the product, but you won't get access to the Beta. Sorry.

I'm pretty sure as long as you have the code and the game in your library you'll get the beta once it's live. That said, buying anything from a grey market reseller has an element of risk to it. 

2 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I'm pretty sure as long as you have the code and the game in your library you'll get the beta once it's live. That said, buying anything from a grey market reseller has an element of risk to it. 

You haven't got it in any of the previous years - I know I bought it from them maybe 5 or 6 years ago and didn't get it. If you can buy it from anywhere and get the Beta then there would be no point in having an approved Beta list.

17 minutes ago, davehanson said:

You haven't got it in any of the previous years - I know I bought it from them maybe 5 or 6 years ago and didn't get it. If you can buy it from anywhere and get the Beta then there would be no point in having an approved Beta list.

Will be interesting to hear if that's different now as I've heard of people in the past couple of years who have got via cdkeys.

12 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Will be interesting to hear if that's different now as I've heard of people in the past couple of years who have got via cdkeys.

Yeah, might be different, but there is a post on reddit where someone bought FM22 and didn't get it.

3 hours ago, CaptainPanty said:

I used to buy it on shopto as digital code for under 35€, but this years it is not possible and the cheapest is above 40€ ! at the time when the purchasing power is falling everywhere, such a disapointement. :(

Gamesplanet is  ~€39. Still more expensive than shopto + shipping (for me at least), but still the cheapest option among the official retailers.