[FM23] Who Are You Going To Pick?

DaveMUFC

With the announcement of FM23 today, I thought its time to start planning a few saves, as I usually do. 

I'm liking the look of:

Lyon - The return of Lacazette and Tolisso, along with Cherki, Gusto, and Tete. Also, no Europe for the first season! 

PSV - Hopefully Xavi Simons gets a nice boost, and they've bought a few good prospects in. 

Roma - Front 3 of Abraham, Zaniolo, and Dybala :) Again, should be interesting challenging for the europa league first season and aiming for CL after. 

Almeria - Was a tough choice between these and Valencia (had a great save with them in FM21), but they seem to have quite a few ex-United kids (Ramazani, Puig, and Svidersky), and well-known FM wonderkid Kaiky. Guessing La Liga will be a challenge with the salary caps regardless. 

Let us know who you guys plan to play with, and any interesting teams for the new season.

Not really too sure who I would pick in England, bar my annual United save, and Germany doesn't seem too exciting squad wise, either. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/09/2022 at 04:42, DaveMUFC said:

With the announcement of FM23 today, I thought its time to start planning a few saves, as I usually do. 

I'm liking the look of:

Lyon - The return of Lacazette and Tolisso, along with Cherki, Gusto, and Tete. Also, no Europe for the first season! 

PSV - Hopefully Xavi Simons gets a nice boost, and they've bought a few good prospects in. 

Roma - Front 3 of Abraham, Zaniolo, and Dybala :) Again, should be interesting challenging for the europa league first season and aiming for CL after. 

Almeria - Was a tough choice between these and Valencia (had a great save with them in FM21), but they seem to have quite a few ex-United kids (Ramazani, Puig, and Svidersky), and well-known FM wonderkid Kaiky. Guessing La Liga will be a challenge with the salary caps regardless. 

Let us know who you guys plan to play with, and any interesting teams for the new season.

Not really too sure who I would pick in England, bar my annual United save, and Germany doesn't seem too exciting squad wise, either. 

What is the salary cap in la liga?

I was planning to do an Atalanta save (maybe YA+1) out of the gate, but they've been unexpectedly good, playing a completely different style under Gasperini, so idk.

had an Occitan-restricted Toulouse save in FM22 that I enjoyed quite a bit, so might do something similar this year.

Braga or a similar side outside the "big 5." 

And of course, a journeyman save is always an option. 

Edited by XuluBak

Chelsea :D 

And probably another manager in the England National League North or South depending on which team grabs my attention.

Not sure why I always pick English teams (I am not British). Maybe it is time for Serie C or another lower ranking EU country.

Edited by masta p

For the beta it will probably be someone like Lyon, Inter or Villareal/Valencia.

Main save will be Sunderland and I really wont to delve into LLM this year. Someone like Gateshead or any team that I like the look of.

Arsenal. I hope they are really exciting this year. Saliba, Partey, Saka, Jesus, Martinelli etc all should have upgrades. The coaching team too. Honestly, I believe Martinelli is one of the world's best right now (call me crazy)

I've gone for Newcastle on the BETA - much smaller transfer budget this year of £40m (though can be adjusted to £63m), so can probably buy one star (James Maddison is about £60m) or 2-3 more reasonably priced squad players.

Depending how the BETA goes I'll either continue this save or start again with my local club - Stockport County. I only tend to do one save for the whole year rather than have multiple going on, so I need to choose wisely!

Hi, looking for Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United or Sunderland for a 5 years journey.

Would like an ambicious team to go up every year.

Any other suggestion? From EFL League 2 is there any team than ca go to Premier in 3 year plan?

Regards.

Edited by pedromanuelpinto

6 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi, looking for Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United or Sunderland for a 5 years journey.

Any other suggestion? From EFL League 2 is there any team than ca go to Premier in 3 year plan?

Regards.

Wrexham want to do that IRL and should win the national league this season. 

On 22/10/2022 at 01:10, pedromanuelpinto said:

Regards.

C'mon the Owls!

I really fancy a "sleeping giant" save this year - Ipswich have caught my eye!

I think the longest save I had on FM22 was 3-4 seasons as I just really couldn't get attached to any saves and didn't touch the game for about 3 months prior to the beta release.

Planning for a Verona save.

One of the lower teams in Serie A with loads of young prospects with potential.

Doig (20 DL), Cabal (21 DC), Coppola (18 DC), Terracciano (20 DR), Ilic (21 MC), Cortinovis (21 AMC), Kallon (21 AMR), Piccolo (21 ST) all seem pretty decent players based on attributes.

10 hours ago, SirCular said:

I really fancy a "sleeping giant" save this year - Ipswich have caught my eye!

I think the longest save I had on FM22 was 3-4 seasons as I just really couldn't get attached to any saves and didn't touch the game for about 3 months prior to the beta release.

I understand. Also have difficult for more leagues. 

You have Deportivo from Spanish lower league. 

On 21/10/2022 at 08:42, marcMCFC1986 said:

I've gone for Newcastle on the BETA - much smaller transfer budget this year of £40m (though can be adjusted to £63m), so can probably buy one star (James Maddison is about £60m) or 2-3 more reasonably priced squad players.

Depending how the BETA goes I'll either continue this save or start again with my local club - Stockport County. I only tend to do one save for the whole year rather than have multiple going on, so I need to choose wisely!

I'm a bit confused, and annoyed.

On my Newcastle BETA save I've been sacked! Now, maybe it's just me - but I think it's fair to say Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs would be expected to finish above Newcastle (the media prediction of 7th confirms this). I was 7th, only behind those teams - had got to the Qtr Final of the League Cup, only to lose on Pens to Man Utd, and was in the 4th Round of the FA Cup - and they sacked me.

Does the calibre of players you sign adjust the expectations? I made some pretty good signings - Tielemans, Gakpo, Ibrahimovic, Torreira, Bastoni - so maybe they expected more because of the names I'd signed. But, I also think it's a bit snide!

1 hour ago, shakey.bridge said:

Won't start my main save until the full release and it will be either trying to keep Forest in the Premier League or getting Wednesday out of League 1, not decided yet. Mucking about with Cardiff City on the Beta.

My first FM2023 save is the manager of Forest and I am really enjoying the challenge to try mould a team out of the players I have and build from it.

I managed to stay in the Prem the first two seasons I am in and I have signed wonderkids Endrick and Assan Ouedraogo. 

I also managed to sign James Ward-Prowse from Southampton in my 2nd season.

On 24/10/2022 at 22:04, Ncfc_king said:

Wrexham will bottle it again ;) COYP!!

Tempted between A.Madrid or a South American save but never managed there. 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit mate. Think it's shi* or bust this season for the owners. 

I recommend Bologna if anyone fancies a team not in Europe and with some decent young players. The squad is pretty much already built for a 433 DM with inverted wide players. They have multiple options in each position across the team. You don't really need to make any signings to start with to easily achieve clubs modest midtable/avoid relegation battle goals. 

Arnautovic is fantastic and can still go for a few more seasons. And along with Gary Medel are perfectionists so great mentors. You've a handful of really good early/mid 20 year olds players who are established in team (Emanuel Vignato, Nicolas Dominguez, Jerdy Schouten, Ricardo Orsolini, Mussa Barrow and Jhon Lucumi) who should all be capable of growing as you push up league. And you have a really strong long term 17 year old prospect in Wisdom Amey. Aswell 19 year old right back Denso Kasius. 

I'm not 100% sure of state of long term finances but you could certainly cash in on 1 or 2 previously mentioned players if you need to rebuild/freshen up side. 

2 horas atrás, RandomGuy. disse:

Who would people recommend from the Brazilian leagues?

Edging towards Santos i think. Dont want a outright title favourite, and want to use wonderkids i dont really know about so want to avoid Endrick.

Staying in the 1st tier: Athletico Paranaense and Fluminense are good shouts alongside Santos. Both clubs are known for developing youngsters and have decent squads, but aren't strong enough to be considered outright title contenders. América-MG is also known for their youth development and it's a more challenging option since your first goal would be securing survival in the first division. They are a smaller club based in Belo Horizonte, so they live in the shadow of local rivals (and giants) Atlético Mineiro and Cruzeiro. It could be a fun challenge to become the biggest club in town.

2 hours ago, Danielmz said:

Staying in the 1st tier: Athletico Paranaense and Fluminense are good shouts alongside Santos. Both clubs are known for developing youngsters and have decent squads, but aren't strong enough to be considered outright title contenders. América-MG is also known for their youth development and it's a more challenging option since your first goal would be securing survival in the first division. They are a smaller club based in Belo Horizonte, so they live in the shadow of local rivals (and giants) Atlético Mineiro and Cruzeiro. It could be a fun challenge to become the biggest club in town.

I second Fluminense because of the style Diniz has them playing IRL

• 5 weeks later...

lausanne- second swiss division, promising youngsters, balance in minus 15 milion euros, plus debt to chairman around 20 milion euros.One of hardest challenges.

Deportivo la coruna- fallen giant.

Stabaek- second norwegian league, great youth setup.

Wisla- polish second division, sort of a fallen giant.

Fc den Bosch, Kaiserslautern, Kv Oostende, Esbjerg, Nancy, Barnsley, Thun, - all clubs are owned by PMG group, they all use Billy Beane  moneyball methods.

Akademisk boldklub- danish fallen giant in third division, 9 titles, last title 1967.