FM Touch 23 Android?

Our decision to not release a Touch game on iOS or Android in 2021 was a difficult one to take and a disappointing one for some of our fans. Football Manager 2023 Touch is launching on Apple devices because we've signed an exclusive partnership with Apple Arcade, a move that makes sense for us as a studio and for the wider FM community.

If you're looking for a similar gaming experience on your Android phone/tablet you can play FM23 Console via Xbox Cloud Gaming if you have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription. 

11 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Our decision to not release a Touch game on iOS or Android in 2021 was a difficult one to take and a disappointing one for some of our fans. Football Manager 2023 Touch is launching on Apple devices because we've signed an exclusive partnership with Apple Arcade, a move that makes sense for us as a studio and for the wider FM community.

If you're looking for a similar gaming experience on your Android phone/tablet you can play FM23 Console via Xbox Cloud Gaming if you have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription. 

What are the plans for FMT returning to Android in the future?

As a long term fan of FM (as far back as CM days), and as a tablet user with a job, wife and kids (i.e. no time or room for a laptop or console), it really is gut-wrenching that FMT on Android has been left in the shadows particularly when you see FM appearing on consoles!!

Thanks for the responses @Desmond Richardson. As an iOS user, I thought I had said goodbye to it forever on my iPad and lost hope for it ever gracing my iPhone. Then THIS happened! Maybe next year they’ll get a deal with both Apple and Google. Now, I’m a little more hopeful for all devices. But @daherlihy, i know how you feel. Last year I played FM the least  in a long time. 

3 hours ago, Curtneedsaride said:

Thanks for the responses @Desmond Richardson. As an iOS user, I thought I had said goodbye to it forever on my iPad and lost hope for it ever gracing my iPhone. Then THIS happened! Maybe next year they’ll get a deal with both Apple and Google. Now, I’m a little more hopeful for all devices. But @daherlihy, i know how you feel. Last year I played FM the least  in a long time. 

My only concern is if you pay monthly, You will pay £60 for an IOS game. You’d need the game to be a lot more regular updates than before unfortunately, as £60 is a huge amount of money. 😂

Edited by zakbrown96

15 hours ago, Curtneedsaride said:

Thanks mate - as jealous as I am of seeing FMT back on iOS and the FM on consoles, the former does offer a glimmer of hope. I am absolutely positive that there are more FM fans on Android and that will play it on Android then there will (be) on consoles.

11 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

My only concern is if you pay monthly, You will pay £60 for an IOS game. You’d need the game to be a lot more regular updates than before unfortunately, as £60 is a huge amount of money. 😂

Wouldn't I be right in saying that the arcade monthly fee is for all games on the arcade, not just FMT?

2 hours ago, daherlihy said:

Wouldn't I be right in saying that the arcade monthly fee is for all games on the arcade, not just FMT?

That's correct. By subscribing you would be able to access the entire Apple Arcade library. You can also share your Apple Arcade subscription with your family too, with up to 6 people.

Apple One is the ultimate collection of Apple services bundled together for one price. So for those of you who may pay for additional iCloud storage and Apple music separately etc, you can bring it all together under one umbrella.

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

That's correct. By subscribing you would be able to access the entire Apple Arcade library. You can also share your Apple Arcade subscription with your family too, with up to 6 people.

Apple One is the ultimate collection of Apple services bundled together for one price. So for those of you who may pay for additional iCloud storage and Apple music separately etc, you can bring it all together under one umbrella.

I get arcade on my EE plan thankfully, never used it before now. I’ve got something to use it for, it would also seem you can pay for a years subscription at £50 which saves you about a tenner if you don’t want to pay £5 a month. Shame that  no beta like full Fm as would have meant, People could’ve helped with bugs ready for full launch. 

Edited by zakbrown96

在 2022/9/15 在 PM6点51分, Desmond Richardson说:

Why FMT is available on SWITCH,but unavailable on mobile phone?

Mobile phone has enough performance and enough size of  screen now.Most of them are bigger than 6.2,size of SWITCH's screen.

Edited by penlooksyou

15 minutes ago, penlooksyou said:

Mobile phone has enough performance and enough size of  screen now.Most of them are bigger than 6.2,size of SWITCH's screen.

Not every phone can run FMT. In fact FMT was built for tablets and not every tablet could run it either. 

On 15/09/2022 at 11:51, Desmond Richardson said:

Let's be frank streaming is in no way "a similar gaming experience" and while the issue with the broken menu was belatedly fixed it is still a subpar experience. The entire point of FMT on portable devices was to enable FM to be played on the go which is curtailed by the streaming requirement.

Yet it doesn't stop countless other developers from achieving it. Some honesty from SI is required here. If they don't want to bother with Android (for whatever reason) then just say that. Stop with the BS crap about Xbox Cloud Gaming as it is not an equivalent experience.

3 hours ago, Guthrie said:

Yet it doesn't stop countless other developers from achieving it. Some honesty from SI is required here. If they don't want to bother with Android (for whatever reason) then just say that. Stop with the BS crap about Xbox Cloud Gaming as it is not an equivalent experience.

Maybe just maybe Apple paid a big premium to have it exclusively as an arcade game whilst also offering staff to help make it, I might be completely wrong. But again we don’t have the numbers of sales as well from previous years. 

Edited by zakbrown96

On 17/09/2022 at 12:08, penlooksyou said:

It’s a lot easier to develop a game on a closed platform where it’s only on one console, than having to do loads for android, and the fact you can use the tv for a bigger and better experience, using the switch controller 

23 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

I'm assuming the fact that Android is much harder to program for given the wide array of tablets/phones played a part in this.

23 hours ago, Guthrie said:

20 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Maybe just maybe Apple paid a big premium to have it exclusively as an arcade game whilst also offering staff to help make it, I might be completely wrong. But again we don’t have the numbers of sales as well from previous years. 

20 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

It’s a lot easier to develop a game on a closed platform where it’s only on one console, than having to do loads for android, and the fact you can use the tv for a bigger and better experience, using the switch controller 

The decision to go on Apple over Android is a commercial one - see below (in bold)

On 15/09/2022 at 11:51, Desmond Richardson said: