Fee for transfer is £4m higher than expected?

Your top 3 additional clauses can all be realised within a single season (£1million payable over 10 games, £2million payable after 5 international appearances and £1million payable after 10 international appearances). Add those to the upfront fee of £2.5million and you get the £6.5million that the board need to deduct from the transfer budget. It needs to be deducted because that's what the club might be asked to cough up by the end of the season.

I see he is listed as a future prospect so what the game hasn't taken into account is that he's unlikely to make 10 international appearances before the end of the season (unless he is already being called-up to the national squad?)

1 minute ago, MaskedReferee said:

Your top 3 additional clauses can all be realised within a single season (£1million payable over 10 games, £2million payable after 5 international appearances and £1million payable after 10 international appearances). Add those to the upfront fee of £2.5million and you get the £6.5million that the board need to deduct from the transfer budget. It needs to be deducted because that's what the club might be asked to cough up by the end of the season.

I see he is listed as a future prospect so what the game hasn't taken into account is that he's unlikely to make 10 international appearances before the end of the season (unless he is already being called-up to the national squad?)

Ahhh I see!  That’s the answer!  Thank you!