433 quick passes, 90% there, need help with some final improvements

i've got my team playing pretty much the way i want them to for the most part which is quick pass and move plays, everyone's got plays one two PPM. the issue im facing in some games is that no one's willing to make the final pass. i'll have a couple players on the shoulders of the opposition defenders anticipating a through but my CMs, who have tries killer balls, continue to make short passes instead of trying a through ball, or even worse spread the ball out wide to a fullback (not a short pass) who lofts a cross (not a low cross), neither of which aligns with the TIs. the tactic is wonderful in games where they actually play through balls behind in the final third. i already took work ball into box off. 

4.PNG.e6a56eeebdff7976bc9d8f3df92032ab.PNG

1) You said in some games youre facing issues...But how many games? If there's 2 or 3 and satisfied the way they play most of the season... Its not so bad...

2) When you're facing these issues, what kind of lineup you're meeting? Park the bus team? Because you play with much higher tempo and decrease it can maybe help you. You ve got only an attack duty to take space (the If),maybe you can test your winger on attack or change your F9 for a Dlfat.

It's just theory. Good Luck.

4 hours ago, coach vahid said:

1) You said in some games youre facing issues...But how many games? If there's 2 or 3 and satisfied the way they play most of the season... Its not so bad...

2) When you're facing these issues, what kind of lineup you're meeting? Park the bus team? Because you play with much higher tempo and decrease it can maybe help you. You ve got only an attack duty to take space (the If),maybe you can test your winger on attack or change your F9 for a Dlfat.

It's just theory. Good Luck.

before posting, we were crushing it most games. now it's almost every other game, no one's willing to make that final pass behind.

defensive sides. as soon as we score and/or they decide to open up a bit to try and score then its smooth sailing for us from there. i tend to switch my RCM to a CMa mid game if we don't find a goal. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think you can get a bit more punch on that right hand side, a CM(A) or Mezz(A) instead of the BBM, might be worth trying, up that player's intent a bit more 

That and also keep in eye if there's actually space behind the defense for them to play the ball. If there isn't or it's too much of a risk, some players will prefer to just keep possession and try to find a better timing/situation to play that through ball. I don't see any wrong in general tbh

Il y a 9 heures, thebreadlady a dit :

i've got my team playing pretty much the way i want them to for the most part which is quick pass and move plays, everyone's got plays one two PPM. the issue im facing in some games is that no one's willing to make the final pass. i'll have a couple players on the shoulders of the opposition defenders anticipating a through but my CMs, who have tries killer balls, continue to make short passes instead of trying a through ball, or even worse spread the ball out wide to a fullback (not a short pass) who lofts a cross (not a low cross), neither of which aligns with the TIs. the tactic is wonderful in games where they actually play through balls behind in the final third. i already took work ball into box off. 

4.PNG.e6a56eeebdff7976bc9d8f3df92032ab.PNG

Your only goal threat is your IFat + your AP and your F9 might operate in the same area in the final third. 

What you could do is to change your F9 into a DLFat and maybe change your FBat into a WBsu since you already have an attack duty in front of him. 

13 hours ago, thebreadlady said:

the issue im facing in some games is that no one's willing to make the final pass. i'll have a couple players on the shoulders of the opposition defenders anticipating a through but my CMs, who have tries killer balls, continue to make short passes instead of trying a through ball, or even worse spread the ball out wide to a fullback (not a short pass) who lofts a cross (not a low cross), neither of which aligns with the TIs.

They behave exactly how they were set up. Much Shorter Passing instructs your players to look for safe and close passing options and they will position themselves accordingly (with the back to the goal) to receive said safe passes. You can challange the issue by becoming more direct (increasing passing directness) until you are happy with the amount of final passes / through balls. Don't worry, you will still build up slowly with short passes, as you've got Play out of Defence activated. But your more advanced players need some directness to actually create chances. If the passing fits your liking but your players will be too direct on shooting and crosses, just add Work Ball into Box. 

Edited by CARRERA

在 2022/8/25 在 AM1点21分, CARRERA说:

They behave exactly how they were set up. Much Shorter Passing instructs your players to look for safe and close passing options and they will position themselves accordingly (with the back to the goal) to receive said safe passes. You can challange the issue by becoming more direct (increasing passing directness) until you are happy with the amount of final passes / through balls. Don't worry, you will still build up slowly with short passes, as you've got Play out of Defence activated. But your more advanced players need some directness to actually create chances. If the passing fits your liking but your players will be too direct on shooting and crosses, just add Work Ball into Box. 

Very clear explanation

Here's a discussion,how does the counterattack work when the instruction in lower tempo and much more short pass.

4 hours ago, Aoyao said:

Here's a discussion,how does the counterattack work when the instruction in lower tempo and much more short pass.

If you are looking to trigger the „Counter-attack“ event within the match engine, that can happen under any instructions if the opposition committed players forward. Your players will automatically switch to a more attacking behavior to finish off the opportunity while the opposition is still out of shape.

If you are looking for a style with fast transitions under any circumstances you may need to adjust Passing Directness, Tempo and in Transition instructions accordingly.