Are free kicks overrated?

This isn’t a rant or anything so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. But surely a direct free kick regardless from where it’s from doesn’t have a 57% chance of going in? I feel like the xG from them are ridiculously high. And the conversion rate seems high also, though maybe I might be doing something wrong…

A few days ago we had a post that said that it was impossible to score from free kicks.

So I'll just repeat myself, it's variance. Sometimes there is a lot, sometimes there is few.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

A few days ago we had a post that said that it was impossible to score from free kicks.

So I'll just repeat myself, it's variance. Sometimes there is a lot, sometimes there is few.

Oh no I don’t think/know if there’s necessarily a problem with the actual scoring of free kicks it’s more so the xG and statistics that has me confused. 0.57 xG stemming from a free kick just seems way too high.

10 minutes ago, Jaydenoren said:

Oh no I don’t think/know if there’s necessarily a problem with the actual scoring of free kicks it’s more so the xG and statistics that has me confused. 0.57 xG stemming from a free kick just seems way too high.

Oh yeah, if the xG is that high, then I agree. If you have examples, please post it in the bug tracker.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

You could say that, but on the other hand, watching Premier League you have to admit that all set pieces there are indeed fairly dangerous. Partly because set piece takers are world class and deliveries are mostly accurate and cause some sort of problems to defence, whether it's DFK, IFK or a corner.

So, when a free kick is given in such a good position that ME counts it as HC or CCC in the game, you could expect something to come out of it in real life as well.

10 hours ago, Draakon said:

You could say that, but on the other hand, watching Premier League you have to admit that all set pieces there are indeed fairly dangerous. Partly because set piece takers are world class and deliveries are mostly accurate and cause some sort of problems to defence, whether it's DFK, IFK or a corner.

So, when a free kick is given in such a good position that ME counts it as HC or CCC in the game, you could expect something to come out of it in real life as well.

Nobody converts free kicks from any position on the field with a 57% success rate IRL, and a direct free kick - which involves having to beat a goalkeeper and a wall from distance -  should never be classed as a clear cut chance.

It's a bug, simple as.

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Nobody converts free kicks from any position on the field with a 57% success rate IRL, and a direct free kick - which involves having to beat a goalkeeper and a wall from distance -  should never be classed as a clear cut chance.

It's a bug, simple as.

Well, you could say that free kicks are overrated in terms of how much xG they add to match statistics, but I haven't noticed that free kicks are "overpowered" in terms of actual goals from set pieces in FM. 

5 minutes ago, Draakon said:

Well, you could say that free kicks are overrated in terms of how much xG they add to match statistics, but I haven't noticed that free kicks are "overpowered" in terms of actual goals from set pieces in FM. 

yeah, I think the buggy xG is quite different to the match engine actual conversion rates which look fairly normal