Moves into channel problem

While any opponent can play any football they want against me, I cannot. I don't think there's anything wrong with my team or my instructions, but whatever I've tried doesn't work. I want Raspadori or sometimes Zaniolo or Pellegrini to run behind the defense, but none of them do it, they all act like they're blind. There is nothing in the instructions that prevents them from making these runs behind the defense, but what's the problem? I made the width max, it didn't work, then I made it narrow, again it didn't work, I gave similar instructions from the player instructions and it still didn't work. This game is going to drive me crazy, nothing is realistic. I played against Manchester City and Liverpool a few times and saw them playing exactly the football I wanted to play. Although their formation on the field looks like 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, this formation can suddenly turn into 2-3-5 when they are attacking, but I cannot do that. It's as if AI only works in computer-managed teams.

Adsız.png

If you want to increase the box presence and te performance of both Raspadori and Zaniolo you need to change their roles. 

Raspadori suffers from the FM problem of being short, if you play him as a IF On attack he will be in the box early and as you are Roma the opposition will be ultra defensive. This leads to Raspadori competing for headers from far post crosses, obviously this is futile. This is why he consistently gets low ratings, it’s due to losing headers. 

Also my opinion is IF Attack requires a support duty forward paired with him. If you want Raspadori to perform better and pop up into the box change to a IW attack with roam from position. 

zaniolo is another player who suffers in the FM engine and it’s biases. He is best played as a Inside forward on support the IW support role is purely a creator and won’t get into the box hardly ever. A IF will sometimes get into the box and will create as well. This role can be a bit hit and miss you will get some good performances from zanolo there but don’t have expectations of Salam or Messi like numbers from him. 

if you want to get Pelegríni more into goal scoring positions or into the Chanel more add a underlap team instructions to your right hand side. That will involve pellegrini more in offence. 

Try it like that IW attack for raspadori IF support for zaniolo give a a few games at least 5 to see how it goes, you may also need to change the forward to be a support role to get much more of what you wish from those players. Everything in FM is a trade off 

On 13.08.2022 at 12:10, jeru said:

If you want to increase the box presence and te performance of both Raspadori and Zaniolo you need to change their roles. 

Raspadori suffers from the FM problem of being short, if you play him as a IF On attack he will be in the box early and as you are Roma the opposition will be ultra defensive. This leads to Raspadori competing for headers from far post crosses, obviously this is futile. This is why he consistently gets low ratings, it’s due to losing headers. 

Also my opinion is IF Attack requires a support duty forward paired with him. If you want Raspadori to perform better and pop up into the box change to a IW attack with roam from position. 

zaniolo is another player who suffers in the FM engine and it’s biases. He is best played as a Inside forward on support the IW support role is purely a creator and won’t get into the box hardly ever. A IF will sometimes get into the box and will create as well. This role can be a bit hit and miss you will get some good performances from zanolo there but don’t have expectations of Salam or Messi like numbers from him. 

if you want to get Pelegríni more into goal scoring positions or into the Chanel more add a underlap team instructions to your right hand side. That will involve pellegrini more in offence. 

Try it like that IW attack for raspadori IF support for zaniolo give a a few games at least 5 to see how it goes, you may also need to change the forward to be a support role to get much more of what you wish from those players. Everything in FM is a trade off 

Unfortunately, the problem isn't that he's short. Bernardo Silva is also short, but when he played against me, he did everything I said.

When I look at his stats, I see that he shoots very little because he prefers to attack wide areas like a Wing role rather than running to the center. It's probably doing this because it can't find any space inside, and that's my biggest problem anyway; How will I create a space in the opponent's defense?

Le 12/08/2022 à 19:19, ObeLisk a dit :

While any opponent can play any football they want against me, I cannot. I don't think there's anything wrong with my team or my instructions, but whatever I've tried doesn't work. I want Raspadori or sometimes Zaniolo or Pellegrini to run behind the defense, but none of them do it, they all act like they're blind. There is nothing in the instructions that prevents them from making these runs behind the defense, but what's the problem? I made the width max, it didn't work, then I made it narrow, again it didn't work, I gave similar instructions from the player instructions and it still didn't work. This game is going to drive me crazy, nothing is realistic. I played against Manchester City and Liverpool a few times and saw them playing exactly the football I wanted to play. Although their formation on the field looks like 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, this formation can suddenly turn into 2-3-5 when they are attacking, but I cannot do that. It's as if AI only works in computer-managed teams.

Adsız.png

I suggest you to reconsider your roles and duties and your out of possession instructions. 

First of all, a mezzala is a very risky role in a two-man midfield, if you want to keep this role I suggest a IWB on defend to cover him if you have the right player. 

Then, you have on the same side a WBsu, a MEZsu and a IWsu. All of them are trying to operate in the same place. 
A MEZ works better when his teammate on his flank is on another duty. If you want to keep the MEZsu and the IW role, I suggest to give your IW an attack duty with perhaps the « stay wider » instruction to your IWat. 

After that, I suggest you to change your IFat into a IFsu, simply because your ST and your AMR already have an attack duty and also because a IFat and a PFat (or P or AF) will end in the same place in order to score.

A BPD will make more sense in the right side because if on the same side as your DLP, he will often ignore him and this will reduce your playmaker’s influence.

Finally, your out of possession instructions seem a bit too much. What you could do is to lower your LOE to just « higher » in order to improve your vertical compactness (especially with a formation without any DM), add a bit pressing (as you play with a high block), and remove « get stuck in » and « force opposition outside ».

12 dakika önce, sonnevillejr said:

I suggest you to reconsider your roles and duties and your out of possession instructions. 

First of all, a mezzala is a very risky role in a two-man midfield, if you want to keep this role I suggest a IWB on defend to cover him if you have the right player. 

Then, you have on the same side a WBsu, a MEZsu and a IWsu. All of them are trying to operate in the same place. 
A MEZ works better when his teammate on his flank is on another duty. If you want to keep the MEZsu and the IW role, I suggest to give your IW an attack duty with perhaps the « stay wider » instruction to your IWat. 

After that, I suggest you to change your IFat into a IFsu, simply because your ST and your AMR already have an attack duty and also because a IFat and a PFat (or P or AF) will end in the same place in order to score.

A BPD will make more sense in the right side because if on the same side as your DLP, he will often ignore him and this will reduce your playmaker’s influence.

Finally, your out of possession instructions seem a bit too much. What you could do is to lower your LOE to just « higher » in order to improve your vertical compactness (especially with a formation without any DM), add a bit pressing (as you play with a high block), and remove « get stuck in » and « force opposition outside ».

It seems pretty logical when I think about what you said, I'll give those a try. Thank you.

2 saat önce, sonnevillejr said:

Okay, now tell me how these players can score. :D

Adsız.png

Adsızz.png

Edited by ObeLisk

il y a une heure, ObeLisk a dit :

Okay, now tell me how these players can score. :D

Adsız.png

Adsızz.png

Well, 3.16 xG for 33 shots means less than 0.1 xG per shot so it’s not great but Milan is a good team, and with all your shots inside the box, maybe they were defending deep, in that way it may be difficult to have quality chances. 

If this situation happens regularly, then you could consider making changes with your observations but I wouldn’t mind now