Help in group stage

cleiria

I have a group stage with 4 groups – A and B 3 teams, C and D 4 teams.

In groups C and D, each team plays 1 time in the same group - Ok for me.

The problem is groups A and B

The teams don´t play with the teams in the same groups. Play 1 time against teams of the other group.

So

A1 plays against B1, B2, B3, don´t play against A2, A3

A2 plays against B1, B2, B3, don´t play against A1, A3

A3 plays against B1, B2, B3, don´t play against A1, A2

How to do that?

Edited by cleiria

I had seen Brazilian state rules and tried to reproduce in my group stage, but didn't work.

In the Brazilian rules all groups play in that way.

I´m will try separate in 2 stages, 1 for groups A and B and another to C and D.

Look at the fixture plan rules from the Brazilian Sao Paulo State, as mentioned above.

Instead of using their default settings, use

Group: 0 Other Group: 1 Number of Rounds: 1
Group: 2 Other Group: 2 Number of Rounds: 1
Group: 3 Other Group: 3 Number of Rounds: 1

That will tell group A to play 1 round aginst every team in group B, group C to play 1 round against every team in group C and group D to play 1 round against every team in group D.

image.thumb.png.7900b5ecfda19601bd0f1d1ca6a011cd.png

image.thumb.png.8435140e640545ac0a4433cf4814ca70.png

@cleiria Here I ask each group to play the teams in their own group and then framed in green I ask the teams in group A (0) to play the teams in group B (1) and the teams in group C (2) to play the teams in group D (3) but only 4 matches but I could have asked to play fewer or more.

To make sure you have the exact number of games played per team you can do as in the third screen.

image.thumb.png.cada530c45cd1e48a4277e15ca9969d2.png

21 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

Look at the fixture plan rules from the Brazilian Sao Paulo State, as mentioned above.

Instead of using their default settings, use

Group: 0 Other Group: 1 Number of Rounds: 1
Group: 2 Other Group: 2 Number of Rounds: 1
Group: 3 Other Group: 3 Number of Rounds: 1

That will tell group A to play 1 round aginst every team in group B, group C to play 1 round against every team in group C and group D to play 1 round against every team in group D.

I had a look of another State.

I will see.

Thanks.

13 horas atrás, Samuel77 disse:

image.thumb.png.7900b5ecfda19601bd0f1d1ca6a011cd.png

image.thumb.png.8435140e640545ac0a4433cf4814ca70.png

@cleiria Here I ask each group to play the teams in their own group and then framed in green I ask the teams in group A (0) to play the teams in group B (1) and the teams in group C (2) to play the teams in group D (3) but only 4 matches but I could have asked to play fewer or more.

To make sure you have the exact number of games played per team you can do as in the third screen.

image.thumb.png.cada530c45cd1e48a4277e15ca9969d2.png

Thanks for SS's.

I have a working file with 2 stages in groups stage.

I will give a try with this information .

Thanks @Wolf_pd, @rusty217 and @Samuel77

I have another issue.

A cup stage with 4 teams:

1st round: 2 games, 1 leg, winner ranking 0-1, loser ranking 2-3: no problem to me

2nd round: final - mapping :winner of match 1 vs. winner of match 2, winner ranking 0. loser ranking 1 : no problem to me

3rd round: 3rd place pay-off - mapping:  loser match 1 vs loser match 2, winner ranking 2, looser ranking 3 : no problem to me

But it don´t work, maybe is missing something

5 minutes ago, cleiria said:

I have another issue.

A cup stage with 4 teams:

1st round: 2 games, 1 leg, winner ranking 0-1, loser ranking 2-3: no problem to me

2nd round: final - mapping :winner of match 1 vs. winner of match 2, winner ranking 0. loser ranking 1 : no problem to me

3rd round: 3rd place pay-off - mapping:  loser match 1 vs loser match 2, winner ranking 2, loser ranking 3 : no problem to me

But it don´t work, maybe is missing something

The 2nd round should be the 3rd place playoff, the 3rd round the final.

Also, you don't really need and team mapping. You do need to set the Index Of Next Round though.20220810231812_1.thumb.jpg.36d3ecc2bc93048f1e282dc07db2e515.jpg

Like this, except in your case it will be 2 for the winner and 1 for the loser. Then in the playoff you'll need to set -1 for both the winner and loser to show that they've finished the competition and don't play any further rounds.

2 minutos atrás, rusty217 disse:

The 2nd round should be the 3rd place playoff, the 3rd round the final.

Also, you don't really need and team mapping. You do need to set the Index Of Next Round though.20220810231812_1.thumb.jpg.36d3ecc2bc93048f1e282dc07db2e515.jpg

Like this, except in your case it will be 2 for the winner and 1 for the loser. Then in the playoff you'll need to set -1 for both the winner and loser to show that they've finished the competition and don't play any further rounds.

Thanks