Keep getting option to add sports scientist, but then board always deny approval

That's a weird one for me since day 1 with FM22. Never got the chance to have more than 2-3 SC in medical; despite having the option to ask the board for increasing the slots (having 50 mil in balance). Assuming 2-3 will be enough to do the job properly. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same for all staff for me. I can ask for whichever staff member I want, but the board accept about 1 per cent of my requests. However, when club finances improve, the board immediately allow me to hire some of the staff I've been asking them to hire for months so I'm not sure if that's a weird feature or a bug.

On 08/08/2022 at 21:01, fc.cadoni said:

That's a weird one for me since day 1 with FM22. Never got the chance to have more than 2-3 SC in medical; despite having the option to ask the board for increasing the slots (having 50 mil in balance). Assuming 2-3 will be enough to do the job properly. 

Hasn't this been tested and shown that 1 head of SC and a SC is all you need regardless of how big your squad gets? 

There was no difference between 2 or 3 more SC in your backroom and that the difference was no SC to 1 and 1 SC.

Haven't had this in my games. So, just guessing.

Is that hint to add a staff member coming always from the Board?

What if it is the game's idea of telling you, that "common idea" in team is that?

Like, Physios have treated a few too many injuries, that there is a need for Sports Scientist? Maybe a member of Board knowing this then tells you, that you, as the Manager, should officially ask the question from the Board?

But, yeah, there are weird things in this game. Sometimes Board says NO to a volunteer worker, because "we don't have enough money..."