FM Club Loyalty/Appearance Challenge

Hi all,

I remember there was a challenge a few years back where the aim was to get 1000 appearances on one or more players. That also implies only staying with one club and getting an insane amount of manager points. I just find it extremely satisfying to have a big number in the hundreds next to the appearances in the player stats. Let me know what you guys think of this, probably nothing new said here :)

• 1 month later...

Maybe the only similar challenge was for a player to get 1,000 goals. I think it was called the Danny Roberts challenge, nd perhaps there was an even earlier version clalled the Pele challenge.

Oh,no. I'm wrong. There was this.

Anyway, if your players do rack up a lot of appearances, or goals, you could see if you could break the CSE Forum record of 963. (Yes, I'm never going to stop flogging this dead horse, and I know it's not the actual record).

I used to do a thread every couple of versions but haven't done one recently.

Also 963 what? I've definitely destroyed that with appearances many times over. Don't think I've had more than about 750 goals though.

4 minutes ago, Ackter said:

I used to do a thread every couple of versions but haven't done one recently.

Also 963 what? I've definitely destroyed that with appearances many times over. Don't think I've had more than about 750 goals though.

963 is just the highest number of appearances anybody's ever put in the Records thread, (which I know is a joke because I'm the only one who even enters records there anymore.). 

I've never come close to it though, even when I've done long saves at one club. Maybe in part because I've never tried to maximise players' appearances, (and almost none of my long standing players in my current save have actually come through my club's youth ranks, so typically don't join the club until their early twenties) but still, I doubt I've had players go much over 600 appearances.

Adriano had over 1,000 appearances as well, but the best X1 only counted appearances that made it into the Best X1 each season.  Both Craig Smith and Will Ackter had more appearances than shown there too.

Also check 982 goals in 646 apps there for Tunicliffe :cool:

I've still ever found a keeper better than Amauri and his amazing left foot.

Edited by Ackter

• 1 month later...