ManCity Tactic that gets more than 85 xPts on Holiday Test

Hello people, I'm at home with Covid the last days and I ran some simulations. 

Even though ManCity is predicted to be 1st by the game, it seems impossible to beat Liverpool to the league on a holiday test unless you get big luck, outperforming xPts by 10+ or Liverpool once in 30 tries landing below 90 points. The AI Liverpool always get around 87 xPts and they outperform it so they have low to mid 90s.

I've tried some of the most OP "exploit tactics" like ZaZ blue and others and some stuff I'd think would seem like a good replication of rl Man City in combination with some of the meta of the game and it seems impossible to get more than 83-84 xPts. Please name any tactic here, that you have seen or you'd think get more on the holiday tester.

Playing the games I think you can get 90+, but that's with adjusting to the games (on holiday test Leeds, Brentford, Southampton Away with their two strikers can smack you one which you can prevent in real game) and in-game coaching that maybe makes you overperform a bit more by default, as you can turn around games you get smacked on xG at first. 

A strange post overall. I'd suggest that if you find playing the game works better for you then you probably should play the game. 

Perhaps its a bit of a case of can't see the wood for the trees, as you mention you can adjust to things in games by not holidaying and that is where the gains are to be made. Sometimes the simplest solution (playing the game) is better than the more complex one. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb santy001:

A strange post overall. I'd suggest that if you find playing the game works better for you then you probably should play the game. 

Perhaps its a bit of a case of can't see the wood for the trees, as you mention you can adjust to things in games by not holidaying and that is where the gains are to be made. Sometimes the simplest solution (playing the game) is better than the more complex one. 

what are you talking about, excuse me? I have to say your post is quite strange and off topic.

The thread is about finding a tactic that gets ManCity more than 85 xPts on the holiday test. Not playing. And talk about maybe why game ranks ManCity as favorite but it seems near impossible to beat liverpool on simulation. Thx.

As you said, playing the game can get you 90+ points. So it seems like the solution to your situation is still to play the game. 

Again the simplest observation is perhaps the most likely with why as favourites Man City you can't overthrow Liverpool is quite simple. By abdicating the choices made in games to your AI assistant manager its very likely they're an inferior manager to Liverpool's AI manager in Jurgen Klopp. To me at least it seems like asking why is this 90kg weight not as heavy as that 100kg weight over there. 

You're on an incredibly niche path if you're looking for the portion of the player base who only use holiday mode to manage Man City to overcome Liverpool. I genuinely could envisage it being the case that you're the only individual looking to do this and there's not going to be much help anyone can provide. 

I quickly exported my basic tactic that I've used more or less unchanged since FM17 (I made a thread about it aeons ago, so if you want it, it's more or less the same today. I've also posted screenshots of it around the forums now and then) and tried it out. Not done a holiday test with the tactic before, so not sure what to expect since I usually tinker a bit with details during matches.

nbkFlam.png

Still think they club did pretty well with my tactic. Lost the Carabao Cup final and lost in the semi final to Liverpool in the CL, but other than that pretty good.

According to the xG table, it was a deserved win, but we underscored the xG a bit.

ZZNItof.png

Also, Kevin De Bruyne is a beast. 45 goals and 21 assists from central midfield is just silly.

xvBGAl2.png

A fun little experiment, but I'm not really sure what to gain from it. Here is the setup btw, I made it as small and fast as possible.

image.thumb.png.371915a4506d5a59078ee497e3062a28.png

vor 19 Minuten schrieb XaW:

I quickly exported my basic tactic that I've used more or less unchanged since FM17 (I made a thread about it aeons ago, so if you want it, it's more or less the same today. I've also posted screenshots of it around the forums now and then) and tried it out. Not done a holiday test with the tactic before, so not sure what to expect since I usually tinker a bit with details during matches.

nbkFlam.png

Still think they club did pretty well with my tactic. Lost the Carabao Cup final and lost in the semi final to Liverpool in the CL, but other than that pretty good.

According to the xG table, it was a deserved win, but we underscored the xG a bit.

ZZNItof.png

Also, Kevin De Bruyne is a beast. 45 goals and 21 assists from central midfield is just silly.

xvBGAl2.png

A fun little experiment, but I'm not really sure what to gain from it. Here is the setup btw, I made it as small and fast as possible.

image.thumb.png.371915a4506d5a59078ee497e3062a28.png

i can not find any thread from you about a tactic after 2017 so i'm not sure what you talk about? I dont know why you think you need to make me play a guessing game instead of showing one more screenshot?

Edited by MrChampionsLeague

5 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Does holidaying the season even uses the same match engine as actually playing the game? Or does it use the Quick match engine? 

If you're taking control of a team, that league is automatically set to Full Detail, so it will use the full Match Engine. 

Going on holiday puts the Assistant Manager in charge though, so it is a test of both the tactic and how good the assistant is. Even if you tick the box that he should start with your tactic, he will make changes during the match.

9 hours ago, MrChampionsLeague said:

i can not find any thread from you about a tactic after 2017 so i'm not sure what you talk about? I dont know why you think you need to make me play a guessing game instead of showing one more screenshot?

Well, the thread is here, so not very hard to find.

Here is a screenshot as well:

Deqskib.png

The reason why the thread is necessary is to understand why it works as it does and how to use it. If I really wanted to win with City I would most likely change the DM (regista) and striker (complete forward) positions, and experiment with an IWB on the RB, but all that would be based on how the changes went and if I was happy with things. As I'm currently using this with a poorer team (Follo in Norway), I don't have the players to to so yet.

I'm not sure why you seem so agitated when I've only tried out what you'd asked. As far as I know I don't exploit anything, I've been using almost the same tactic for 5 years with only small tweaks now and then, so if I've stumbled upon any "exploit" then so be it.

As for approving stuff, I did this last night before going to bed, so now is the first time I'm back online to answer you.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb XaW:

Well, the thread is here, so not very hard to find.

Here is a screenshot as well:

Deqskib.png

The reason why the thread is necessary is to understand why it works as it does and how to use it. If I really wanted to win with City I would most likely change the DM (regista) and striker (complete forward) positions, and experiment with an IWB on the RB, but all that would be based on how the changes went and if I was happy with things. As I'm currently using this with a poorer team (Follo in Norway), I don't have the players to to so yet.

I'm not sure why you seem so agitated when I've only tried out what you'd asked. As far as I know I don't exploit anything, I've been using almost the same tactic for 5 years with only small tweaks now and then, so if I've stumbled upon any "exploit" then so be it.

As for approving stuff, I did this last night before going to bed, so now is the first time I'm back online to answer you.

your claims can not be approved, this tactic like this got 78 xpts

2 minutes ago, MrChampionsLeague said:

your claims can not be approved, this tactic like this got 78 xpts

What on earth are you babbling about?

Just now, MrChampionsLeague said:

"babbling" lmao. i just did the test and it got 78 which fits the eye test more than the claimed 85.7. so you arent honest to me it thinks

I quite frankly don't care what you think. You asked if anyone had any tactic that worked and I tried it out. I'm under no obligations to give you anything at all, least of all when you act like a spoiled child throwing your toys out of the pram.

Did you even set up the player instructions as I outlined in the thread?

Somehow I feel I'm talking to a wall here and if the idiotic replies continues I don't see any need to keep this going any further.

Yeah, I think this has run it's course for me. You are obviously not genuine in you intentions here, so I won't interact with you further. Have a good day.

• FrazT locked this topic