Gengen press

No, just slapping counterpressing on any tactic will not work, but I think many feel that going overly intense is not punished enough in the game currently.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

No, just slapping counterpressing on any tactic will not work, but I think many feel that going overly intense is not punished enough in the game currently.

Oh so it’s not fixed to win everything with geggen press is it?

1 minute ago, Harryleonard1 said:

Oh so it’s not fixed to win everything with geggen press is it?

No, the game does not work like that.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

This is categorically untrue, the facts are if you just slap on the gengenpress default with a predicted lower half team you will at worse finish top half. 

“slap” it on with anyone predicted to finish top 10 you’ll be at worse fourth but likely challenge for the title. 

Also every player in the database can gengenpress perfectly, there is no downside because physical tiredness doesn’t exist in FM. Sure you may get a few more injury’s if you players have low natural fitness but you can just put on any other player and they’ll press just as well. 

the facts are there is no downside to playing geggenpress you will overachieve based on your season expectations, try it with a holiday experiment you’ll finish above your predicted finish every time. 

8 hours ago, jeru said:

This is categorically untrue, the facts are if you just slap on the gengenpress default with a predicted lower half team you will at worse finish top half. 

“slap” it on with anyone predicted to finish top 10 you’ll be at worse fourth but likely challenge for the title. 
Also every player in the database can gengenpress perfectly, there is no downside because physical tiredness doesn’t exist in FM. Sure you may get a few more injury’s if you players have low natural fitness but you can just put on any other player and they’ll press just as well. 

the facts are there is no downside to playing geggenpress you will overachieve based on your season expectations, try it with a holiday experiment you’ll finish above your predicted finish every time. 

In the sense that gegenpress had fewer drawbacks then yes, I agree, but I don't think any tactic with any team will improve if gegenpress is added.

9 hours ago, jeru said:

Agreed 100%. It sadly really is that simple. Doesn't mean you'll win every game, however you will definitely overachieve.

Edited by sthptngomad76

Fitness does matter in this FM, but in 21 this was true, you slap a gegenpress system on any team with the most unfit players possible and they would act like if they were powerhouses. But its not that simple, I use a 4-4-2 where I protect the middle with my life, 2 pressing forwards, one BWM paired with a B2B, sometimes pairing 2 BWM and 2 quick and strong CBs. Sometimes I concede in long balls to the back of my full backs, but thats a risk i'll take

18 hours ago, jeru said:

So is there much point starting a new save and is the game really as realistic and accurate as it should be. Ecsoecialy if u can win everything with anyone???

Edited by Harryleonard1

5 hours ago, Harryleonard1 said:

So is there much point starting a new save and is the game really as realistic and accurate as it should be. Ecsoecialy if u can win everything with anyone???

Well aside whether Gegenpress is OP or not, you are always free to do your own thing. Why not create a style with standard pressing, some short passing gameplay or even try out a formation / role you never used? There are many ways to be successful (and overachieve).

Overall it’s still a game. It’s the most accurate however. 

Op??? And did you say it’s the most accurate? I was just not sure weather it effects the accuracy of the attributes of the players. As in the players in the game  have always been very accurate in terms of having the same attributes to those in real life and am aware there is a lot of work that goes into getting things in terms of research done on each player to make it all acurrate and more real. Wasn’t sure if this is effected aswell with the geggen pressing being that not every team would do well with it. So is the game been kind of ruined in terms of accuracy. As football manager has always been very accurate and on point to real life? Surely if there is a mistake with the geggen pressing that has managed to have such a effect on the game does it mean a lot of the accuracy is not on point and it isn’t as realistic anymore? 

2 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Well aside whether Gegenpress is OP or not, you are always free to do your own thing. Why not create a style with standard pressing, some short passing gameplay or even try out a formation / role you never used? There are many ways to be successful (and overachieve).

Overall it’s still a game. It’s the most accurate however. 

3 hours ago, 2feet said:

In real life, teams that press hard tend to get better results than teams that dont.

Liverpool and City and recently Spurs are known to press very hard and very cleverly.

Very silly post imo. Those teams press well because they have the players and the coaching to be very good at it.

On footy manager you stick it on any team with any player and you'll do well. It's nonsense.

Teams that press well do better than teams that press reasonably.

But teams that dont press, or press poorly, dont do well.

Same in the game.

WIth players on 10-12 stamina, lets see how they long they last whilst pressing through a whole match.

Sure it’s possible to create other systems and press less but if you are playing with a elite side versus a minnow if you don’t max the pressing they will play 700 passes between the center backs. 

Also as stamina means nothing in regards pressing, your players will press the same in the 90th minute as the 1st it makes it further unrealistic. Stamina only affects the chance of injury, and length of time it takes to recover post match.

it may well have a small effect in the ME and play a factor in the calculations but stamina is no where near enough of a factor.

Stamina is one of the most important things in real football, it affects the number of sprints you make, the amount of mistakes you make, affects your technical execution and chances of success of a pass, shot or tackle. 

On 01/08/2022 at 13:38, Zemahh said:

VAlqFa1.jpg

Don't worry guys, "Gegenpress plug-and-play systems are a thing of the past".

"Dynamic Youth Ratings"

Verbal diarrhoea every year in the couple weeks leading upto the game being released.

Make the 3d look good, the match engine is barely tweaked.

On 31/07/2022 at 16:48, Harryleonard1 said:

Anyone else used this does it win you trophy’s with any team and work with every team? Someone said it’s like a cheat tactic that wins you everything is this true?

Yes, Gegenpress is still strong, too strong, even though the devs said on steam that it wouldn't be a plug-n-play this year. But seeing how good it still is and how many tacitcs uses the gegenpress, I'd say it still is plug-n-play. You just need a few tweaks depending on your players.

And a fun thing is that on their stream before the release when they told us Gegenpress isn't a plug-n-play any more they proved on that stream that it still is. They played with Sheffield United, if I'm not wrong, and they used wingplay and barley won a game. Straight after that they switched to Gegenpress and dominated the game.. So...yeah...

I would like to see a change to the pressing system. The way Gegenpress works now is just boring. Ragnick, Klopp, Heynckes and Tuchel all us the Gegenpress-system and they all use it different. But in Heynckes for example used a man to man gegenpress. If you look at Klopp he uses it completely  different. Klopp likes to send several players to press on player when they lose the ball. But in FM all you can choose is "counterpress" aka irl as Gegenpress.  And from what I've seen so far from the best tactics is that everyone uses Gegenpress. They need to change it and let us use the pressing system in different way.

Imo FM is just to easy nowadays. Not as fun as it once was. And I also feel that the game is to simple now, and maybe that's why Gegenpress is so OP and has been since they introduced it to the game.