Game crashes on loading screen and when reloading Skin.

My game has been crashing on the loading screen since Monday, I can get it to open after uninstalling and reinstalling but it's time consuming and won't work with any custom graphics.

I've tried the usual stuff, verifying game files, making sure all drivers are updated, deleted cache and preferences folders and I can run the game (as in so far as it will play, haven't tried playing a match yet) without the graphics.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't have an issue in re downloading graphics but I'd rather know if this was worth the time to do as it's already eaten up a lot of free time.

25 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If the game runs normally with the default skin, it looks as if the custom skin may be the issue.  Try contacting the skin creator and see if they have any idea of what the problem is.

It is the default skin mate, I've never really used custom skins.

2 minutes ago, Tomtheowl95 said:

It is the default skin mate, I've never really used custom skins.

Your first sentence says that the game "wont work with any custom graphics"-  custom graphics are those that are made by third party creators and not by SI-  so which is it?

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Your first sentence says that the game "wont work with any custom graphics"-  custom graphics are those that are made by third party creators and not by SI-  so which is it?

I was referring to badges, kits, faces and trophy packs.

3 minutes ago, Tomtheowl95 said:

I was referring to badges, kits, faces and trophy packs.

Ok thanks- I didnt make myself clear at all-

If the game runs ok in it original form without any custom graphics, then try uninstalling all the extra graphics and add them back one at a time and you may be able to identify which if any one is causing the issue.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Ok thanks- I didnt make myself clear at all-

If the game runs ok in it original form without any custom graphics, then try uninstalling all the extra graphics and add them back one at a time and you may be able to identify which if any one is causing the issue.

I have done this, 4 or 5 times. It's different every time.

At first I thought it was kits, then it crashed when I only had the trophy pack in, earlier today it did it with no graphics at all.

Like I said, I have no issue in re-downloading it all if I knew it was going to work but at the moment that seems a bit of a waste of time when it appears to be different each time.

Try uninstalling the graphics card driver completely and then go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver and install that and see if that helps.  Clear the cache and preferences folders before running the game after reinstalling

6 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Try uninstalling the graphics card driver completely and then go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest driver and install that and see if that helps.  Clear the cache and preferences folders before running the game after reinstalling

I have done already but I'll give it another go and see how it goes.

20 hours ago, FrazT said:

Tried this again and still the same issue.

It runs fine until I try and add the graphics and then press the Reload Skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

11 hours ago, Tomtheowl95 said:

Tried this again and still the same issue.

It runs fine until I try and add the graphics and then press the Reload Skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

Shot in the dark, but could you try a different set of graphics? If that works, it means it's something in the specific graphic you add, narrowing it down, at least.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Shot in the dark, but could you try a different set of graphics? If that works, it means it's something in the specific graphic you add, narrowing it down, at least.

It's doing it without any graphics at all now.

Literally only have to have a folder called graphics in the document and that crashes it.

1 hour ago, Tomtheowl95 said:

It's doing it without any graphics at all now.

Literally only have to have a folder called graphics in the document and that crashes it.

Yes, but the content could be corrupted somehow. If you downloaded it from somewhere, or modified it in any way, that can mess things up. So if you try to download another graphics pack and see if that works, you will know if there is an issue with how the game reads it OR in the graphic pack you have already.