Suggest: allow players on loan to have their transfer status adjusted

2feet

My youth player is out on loan and has six months to go, but refuses to sign a new contract because before he went on loan I'd put him on the transfer list.

Since then he's been playing well on loan so now I want to take him off the transfer list and extend his contract.

But players on loan cannot have their transfer status adjusted, so I can't offer him a new contract (because players on the transfer list cant be offered new contracts..

He's on loan until the end of his loan period, which also happens to be the end of his main contract.

The only way to take him off the transfer list would be to recall him from loan, which I don't want to do because he's benefitting so much from the loan, and would only be offered a bad club if I was to recall > extend contract > then find a new loan club.

Since his main contract with our club is also expiring in six months, I don't want to wait until the end of his contract to extend it, because by then rival clubs will have agreed a contract before I can offer him one, and he will sign a pre-agreement with them.

So why cant I adjust a players transfer status just because they're on loan?!

They play well on loan, and so are taken off the transfer list and rewarded with a new contract.

Edited by 2feet

On 20/07/2022 at 16:37, 2feet said:

My youth player is out on loan and has six months to go, but refuses to sign a new contract because before he went on loan I'd put him on the transfer list.

Since then he's been playing well on loan so now I want to take him off the transfer list and extend his contract.

But players on loan cannot have their transfer status adjusted.

The only way to take him off the transfer list would be to recall him from loan, which I dont want to do because he's benefitting from it.

Since his contract with his parent club is also expiring in six months, I dont want to wait until the end of his contract to extend it because rival clubs will offer him a contract.

Why cant I adjust a players transfer status just because theyre on loan?!

You cant change it by the normal way you should be able to (and this may be a bug), but you can change it if you right click on the player (before entering his profile).