Player won't join because I am in Championship, but I am already promoted

Hi guys,

as the title says. I won the Championship a gained promotion to Premier League. My problem is that players I want to buy won't join me, because I am still in the second tier. I want them in my team for the start of the pre-season, but have to wait with buying them until the end of June, when the pre-season starts and game acknowledges I am Premier League.

It frustrates me, because I will not have the complete squad for the first training in the pre-season and the price of the players is growing up with the time.

Do you know any trick to be able to buy those players before the pre-season? 

Do you think the players should know that I am promoted and sign for me before the pre-season?

Thanks and cheers

Edited by Ghost77

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

They definitely should know that. But it’s a quirk of the game.
It should start counting you as a premiership team once the season ticks over, which is normally around June 24th.

Surely it would be better if the game started counting you as a premier team as soon as the P is against your team in te league table. The 24th of June is a little late in regards to attracting players to your club

Been a problem _forever_.  I know I bug-reported it in 2017, and maybe in 2015 as well.  It's a save-killer sometimes, too; you can get fired for not getting promoted when you're in the playoffs.  And, like everything else, it interacts badly with the promise system.

7 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Surely it would be better if the game started counting you as a premier team as soon as the P is against your team in te league table. The 24th of June is a little late in regards to attracting players to your club

Yes, it is definitely too late. I lost some of my transfer targets to other clubs because I had to wait until 24th of June. Planning of the transfers is imperative when you get promoted , but it's almost impossible when you have to wait. Two of my future key players were bought by other Premier Leauge clubs, other two had their price risen up by 2-4 millions. I've got budget of 30 millions and have to bring at least 5-6 PL players with work permit, so I really have to count every penny. 

8 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

I don’t disagree. Even the start of the domestic transfer window would be better which is June 9th.

• Administrators

The game should be able to recognise once you're in a very strong/mathematically assured of promotion, so if you have an example of where this happens please do flag it ideally with a save at that point so the team can investigate further - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Details on how to provide a save game listed here, but please remember if you do to come back and let us know the file name - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The game should be able to recognise once you're in a very strong/mathematically assured of promotion, so if you have an example of where this happens please do flag it ideally with a save at that point so the team can investigate further - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Details on how to provide a save game listed here, but please remember if you do to come back and let us know the file name - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Thanks, I have to update my previous info.

I was actually preparing to upload my save and and just to be sure tried to buy some of the players that told me off before. They are all interested now! So maybe it was just a glitch which disappeared after reloading/restarting the game? They all suddenly know I will play in Premier League next season. It is really weird, because a loaded up the game on the same day (8th May) on which they recognised me as a championship club before reload.

Edited by Ghost77

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

When do the club reputations update Neil? I thought it was after the end of season summary/hof screen 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, kentonizking said:

When do the club reputations update Neil? I thought it was after the end of season summary/hof screen 

You're right that there is a significant recalculation on 'season update day', but reputations constantly update throughout the season as well, meaning some players who may not have been interested early in the season will be if things improve. As said, especially so if promotion looks likely. 

On 14/07/2022 at 08:08, gunner86 said:

I don’t disagree. Even the start of the domestic transfer window would be better which is June 9th.

The general 'season change' date is a bit random anyway and causes some strange situations, such as players you sign/sell at the start of the transfer window being counted as having happened the season before.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update my last post further. 

After reloading the game most of the players did start to acknowledge me as a Premier League club and are ready to join. But some problems still persist. For example I wanted to extend the loan of Djed Spence from Middlesbrough. But they don't want to let him stay because I am divisional rival to them. I am promoted, they were knocked out in play-offs so they will stay in Championshp, still they see me as a second tier team.

image.jpeg.c40122b1ac67244d95b06641fab742b3.jpeg

I will try to upload my save to bugs forum.

Edited by Ghost77