Fm22 | long term save | lack of target forwards

I am about 11 or 12 seasons into my save, I am trying to rebuild my team. The game as always has very limited attacking fullbacks, but this save has been a little different, I haven't been able to find any target men to replace my main forward in my team.

The regens lack the physicality to compete with the monster defenders the game is creating. 

Has anyone else noticed an even more oppressive lack of variety with regens this year?

It's an issue that has been acknowledged by the developers but it apparently is a problem that's difficult to fix. I've done some lengthy research on regen attribute spread and I found the game produces some really weird regens when compared to the real players at the start of the game. 

I've not too far with my FM22 long term save, but in previous versions there was almost impossible to find complete forwards (ma favourite kind of single striker) which could be somwhat connected with the point you made that number of big target forwards is decreased (as complete forward needs to have a decent size as well). If that's the case, it's not very new issue. Regen strikers seem to lean towards advance forward/poacher type of players.

On 16/07/2022 at 00:07, Yellowbucket58 said:

It's an issue that has been acknowledged by the developers but it apparently is a problem that's difficult to fix. I've done some lengthy research on regen attribute spread and I found the game produces some really weird regens when compared to the real players at the start of the game. 

I would like to see some examples of weird regens

2 hours ago, kentonizking said:

I would like to see some examples of weird regens

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/medical-and-development-centre-training-and-finances/analysis-on-regen-attribute-distribution-r6052/

Here's the report I did on regen attributes, which showcases the problem with regen attributes. 

Most of the templates aren't necessarily weird, aside from the absurd amounts of AFs with single digit finishing and there being way too many dwarf CDs. However, templates tend to be very one dimensional and further development tends to be centred around a select few roles, which results in newgens having very little uniqueness, as their stats all end up being very similar.

On 22/07/2022 at 22:10, Yellowbucket58 said:

Wow you did a lot of work, thats incredible!

I was hoping to see some CBs with technique and finishing but no marking/heading - or vice-versa! 

I once used the editor and swapped the positions of the best striker and CBs in the database just to see how they would do - i remember that the CBs did well upfront, but the STs less impressive