This has to be the wildest offer I've ever received.

~1m in loan fees, 7,75m transfer fee, 6.25m in league appearances and a 20% future profit fee sets it as a 15m starting price, which is only 4.25m short of his release clause and the offer is fully negotiable.

What exactly is so wild about this offer?

On 04/07/2022 at 22:52, Freakiie said:

~1m in loan fees, 7,75m transfer fee, 6.25m in league appearances and a 20% future profit fee sets it as a 15m starting price, which is only 4.25m short of his release clause and the offer is fully negotiable.

What exactly is so wild about this offer?

I'd say the fact they want me to sell them my best player for an upfront fee of nothing, £77k p/m after that and not even covering his wages for the initial spell.

I have never understood the AI logic in wanting to loan a star player from a lower reputation team- it looks like they want a low cost trial and if it works out then they will pay only a % of the player value.  They want it both ways.

hace 1 hora, FrazT dijo:

I have never understood the AI logic in wanting to loan a star player from a lower reputation team- it looks like they want a low cost trial and if it works out then they will pay only a % of the player value.  They want it both ways.

Of course they want it both ways. Welcome to real life ;)

The big teams take advantage of the fact that the player, wanting to make the move, can pressure his team into agreeing to this kind of deal. A player with four years left on his contract doesn't have as much leverage, but even in these cases it happens.

11 hours ago, TokyoWanderer said:

Of course they want it both ways. Welcome to real life ;)

The big teams take advantage of the fact that the player, wanting to make the move, can pressure his team into agreeing to this kind of deal. A player with four years left on his contract doesn't have as much leverage, but even in these cases it happens.

I get it happens but surely the need to make it worth my while? This offer is basically saying they want to borrow my best defender in January in exchange for about £400k in loan fees and I'm still paying over half his wages!

hace 13 horas, KingCanary dijo:

I get it happens but surely the need to make it worth my while? This offer is basically saying they want to borrow my best defender in January in exchange for about £400k in loan fees and I'm still paying over half his wages!

The fact that they don't pay full wages is irrelevant. A single monthly loan fee exceeds what you would have to pay the player for the entire year of 60% wages. 

They are offering to pay close to the release clause, but in installments. It is also the first offer and you can negotiate. I wouldn't accept the offer if the player is good, but it is not an outrageous first offer.

It's a "we don't have much transfer budget unaccounted for, but we're still prepared to offer you at least £8.5m which will become nearly £15m with some trivially simple add ons, plus 20% of profit from next sale which potentially makes the bid worth more than his release clause in the long run.

I mean, I wouldn't say yes to it if I didn't want to sell the player, but I've seen more blatant lowballs (and managers fearing they'd lose him to someone else for the release clause might happily negotiate it up a bit)

The "unused monthly fee" being higher is a bit odd for a mandatory future fee transfer (though in this case it isn't completely pointless, means they're paying you  nearly an extra million quid if he's not starting in his first season, which should help ease worries you never see those appearance fees)

Edited by enigmatic