Can anyone help me interpret the Work Permit rules for Wales?

I'm running a save with a team I've made in the pre-game editor in Wales, and after nearly a decade I'm finally at a point where I've been granted permission to scout across Europe - a significant milestone in the save. For the curious, you can see my team below.

However, with this new opportunity comes the time to start thinking about work permits. This hasn't really been an issue once so far in the save, as effectively everyone I've been able to scout has had a UK passport. I've looked at the work permit rules for Wales (which I believe are easier than England's) which are as follows:
image.png.368411b393003f5ec77e6c59041ca69a.png

Now, how does this work in practice? There's a points system with no calculations for me to work out, and things like 'league reputation' which are very vague. Can anyone deconstruct this in a way that allows me to work out where to focus my scouting efforts? Am I going to be able to feasibly pick up cheap talent from cheaper nations, or am I only going to be able to pick up quality players from quality leagues, effectively meaning I can't really sign players from the continent for the foreseeable?

Any insight would be appreciated. My club info page is below, and I'm happy to share more on the save itself for those keen.
image.thumb.png.627bfde4dfa31d2c9775ed0f219e8c53.png

Love your skin.

Points are based on who you can attract and how much you can pay them. It is unlikely that you will be able to pick up cheap imports at this stage. Older foreign players with lots of caps are more likely.

British work permits post Brexit are some of the most challenging. 

Irish leagues are exempt I think

4 hours ago, kentonizking said:

Love your skin.

Points are based on who you can attract and how much you can pay them. It is unlikely that you will be able to pick up cheap imports at this stage. Older foreign players with lots of caps are more likely.

British work permits post Brexit are some of the most challenging. 

Irish leagues are exempt I think

Hmm, this save is going to be a hard old slog if you're right.

Credit where it's due, the skin is 'OPZ Elite 2022 Blackout'. The kits I made myself and the club logo was created by Derek at FMG.

Yeah, British work permits are basically designed to favour players with the sort of club or international experience that could see them playing regularly in the Premier League. (The caps and top tier appearances have to be recent too)

I assume your Welsh team isn't there yet.

I manage STM Sports in wales in FM20, I did not edit the database or anything. the rules might be different for me but in practice: The player must have one of the highest wages at your club or one of the top earners in JD Cymru Premier, OR he has one of the highest transfer fees in JD Cymru Premier. Since most transfer fees and wages are very low in the league, It should not be a problem if your a top 3 club.

Look at the middle of the picture, need 4 points total to get work permit.

EdAVlxU.png

On 04/07/2022 at 10:19, enigmatic said:

Yeah, British work permits are basically designed to favour players with the sort of club or international experience that could see them playing regularly in the Premier League. (The caps and top tier appearances have to be recent too)

I assume your Welsh team isn't there yet.

I hope you're wrong, but that's my interpretation too. I guess I'll see with time, but won't get my hopes up. My reputatation is still equivalent to an English National League side so I've got a way to go.

13 hours ago, Speedyol said:

I manage STM Sports in wales in FM20, I did not edit the database or anything. the rules might be different for me but in practice: The player must have one of the highest wages at your club or one of the top earners in JD Cymru Premier, OR he has one of the highest transfer fees in JD Cymru Premier. Since most transfer fees and wages are very low in the league, It should not be a problem if your a top 3 club.

Look at the middle of the picture, need 4 points total to get work permit.

EdAVlxU.png

I had a 2020 save with Corwen, I wish these were still the rules! These were very lax for you once you were in Europe and were easily outspending the rest of the league. Unfortunately the rules seem to be much, much more strict in 2022.

Also, RIP STM Sports.

Edited by Jamaicaman90