Offside Goal

Based on what I see, it doesn't seem to be offside here. The guy in the red ring is the scorer and he is well onside.

image.png.60ac04bd78da33f3efa3c1897da7ce08.png

There's normally a replay of the disallowed goals which includes the attacking/defending lines which will show you who is offside.

My guess is that the other two attackers were in an offside position when the ball was played and they 'interfered' with play.

2 minutes ago, Grifty said:

There's normally a replay of the disallowed goals which includes the attacking/defending lines which will show you who is offside.

My guess is that the other two attackers were in an offside position when the ball was played and they 'interfered' with play.

Nah, looking at the video the ball is way too high for any of them to be involved in the play. The closest attacker (that I'm unsure is even offside) retreats before the ball is close anyway. For me this is a perfectly fine goal. If this is in a "non-VAR" league, then it could be a referee mistake, but it does seem weird.

I do think this should be reported as a possible bug and let SI take a look to find out if the interfering is what is wrongly triggered or just a referee mistake or something.

That looks like an assistant error- the blue player just past the penalty spot is in an offside position when the ball is played and looks like he is on the line of the assistant's sight.  Definitely an error and may be a bug or just part of the game.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Being in an offside position, but not interfering with play will always cause problems, particularly in lower divisions without VAR

Well it shouldn't if there is nothing contentious.

Edited by goodway

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Nah, looking at the video the ball is way too high for any of them to be involved in the play.

The game has problems with imterpreting that. I once saw an offside called for a cross that flew a fair few meters over my attacker. The ball was so overhit that my striker didn't even try jumping.

I've also seen offside calls like this one. The ball is cleaely played towards a player who's left of the player making the pass, but the game blows for offside because there was a player offside on the right side.

Btw, you can't create bug reports for ME issues anymore and there were a few reports for such offsides.