Sumqayit: Second Edition

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2031/32 SEASON REVIEW

League - a fourth unbeaten season in a row and 9th title in a row. 107 goals scored is a new record and just 16 conceded is good but could be better. 

Kuboku - we defeated Qarabag-2, Sabail and Neftci to face Kapaz in the final. An easy 4-0 win gives us our 7th competition win and 3rd successive one. 

Europe - we reached the Champions League group stage for the first time and won twice to see us finish 3rd. We dropped down into the Europa League where we faced Rennes, a 3-2 home defeat gave us too much work to do, a 0-0 draw in the return leg was better but not enough. 

db1050e91d1f211cb4de2a416f665fa3.png

Four players scored over 20 goals this season; Mubayiwa (25), Fofana (23) and Burnic (21) but it was Pedro Santos with 44 goals who stole the show. Santos also notched a team high 28 assists, meaning 72 goal contributions in 48(2) appearances this season. Phenomenal. 

1438fc6f72b0020848362c4650e40f62.png

Financially we're stacked, near on £50m in the bank. £19m in prize money and £15m in player sales have really boosted the coffers to the point where I'm not sure how I can spend it other than a new stadium at the moment. 

0f3823c304162a50a7911e5b18ad2a0a.png

6f0ac897c03e1583c967a9f6f3f00145.png

SQUAD - JUNE '32

c3af759a668eb9a94c66424dc2ae0fed.png

There could be a bit of a overhaul this summer. Bazungula's contract is up and had already expressed his desire to move on to another club which is fine by me. Tasdemir and Abdullazade both want to move on and at the wrong side of 30, again, that's fine with me. Currently we have seven foreign players in a nine player limit with Fofana around a month away from becoming naturalised as an Azeri national. We have to remember that of those nine foreign player spots, we can only use six in the first team.

That leaves us with three spaces to invest in new players. We're using Gullit as back up LWB when he's first choice CB and also using Burnic as the rotational option for CM when he is first choice DM at the moment but even then at the age of 34 he has shown some signs of physical decline. 

Buludov, Burnic, Gullit and Fofana all have one year remaining on their contracts with three of them in their 30s this could be a good time to let them run down their contract without upsetting the squad by forcing them to move on now when the money we will get will be nominal in the grand scheme of things. Although, I don't think I want club legend Burnic to leave the club at all, 170 goal contributions in 274 games from a central/defensive midfielder in a fantastic return. 

So, we need to look at the following back up positions to upgrade; 

1. ST (advanced forward or poacher) - can be foreign
  2. LW (inside forward) - can be foreign
  3. CM (mezzala) - Azeri
  4. LWB (wing-back attack) - Azeri
  5. CB (ball playing defender) - can be foreign

We have £29m to spend and £350k in the weekly wage budget if needed. 

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFYING - JULY/AUG '32

We entered at the 2nd Qualifying Round. 

eb1cc107e725981228f4f72322f3892a.png

Easy aggregate win over Montenegran side Sutjeska. 

80ef0314230bde6988707aed67567ed3.png

Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv next and thankfully we had secured the round victory in the home leg as we surprisingly lost in the return leg. 

49c3fa061829d4a7f3d9cf728598d767.png

Again, the tie won in the home leg. A poor return game but it didn't matter into the Champions League Group stage for the 2nd successive season. 

901171673c9288df4c2603456ff8da58.png

Another tough group but what one isn't in the CL. 

23 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

SQUAD - JUNE '32

c3af759a668eb9a94c66424dc2ae0fed.png

There could be a bit of a overhaul this summer. Bazungula's contract is up and had already expressed his desire to move on to another club which is fine by me. Tasdemir and Abdullazade both want to move on and at the wrong side of 30, again, that's fine with me. Currently we have seven foreign players in a nine player limit with Fofana around a month away from becoming naturalised as an Azeri national. We have to remember that of those nine foreign player spots, we can only use six in the first team.

That leaves us with three spaces to invest in new players. We're using Gullit as back up LWB when he's first choice CB and also using Burnic as the rotational option for CM when he is first choice DM at the moment but even then at the age of 34 he has shown some signs of physical decline. 

Buludov, Burnic, Gullit and Fofana all have one year remaining on their contracts with three of them in their 30s this could be a good time to let them run down their contract without upsetting the squad by forcing them to move on now when the money we will get will be nominal in the grand scheme of things. Although, I don't think I want club legend Burnic to leave the club at all, 170 goal contributions in 274 games from a central/defensive midfielder in a fantastic return. 

So, we need to look at the following back up positions to upgrade; 

1. ST (advanced forward or poacher) - can be foreign
  2. LW (inside forward) - can be foreign
  3. CM (mezzala) - Azeri
  4. LWB (wing-back attack) - Azeri
  5. CB (ball playing defender) - can be foreign

We have £29m to spend and £350k in the weekly wage budget if needed. 

Nice to see, that someone else does that.

My paper notebook looks like that too. :D

First XI, Second XI, Fringe Player (like 2-3) and/or Prospects

Edited by Cheez3y

1 minute ago, Cheez3y said:

Nice to see, that someone else does that.

My paper notebook looks like that too. :D

First XI, Second XI, Fringe Player (like 2-3) and/or Prospects

First time I've done it but the fact we have so many foreign players now and it was preseason I couldn't tell who would count towards the limit and who its naturalised as an Azeri. 

Transfer update is imminant. 

TRANSFERS - SEPT '32

77024020b3658ad888abf2bf6895f6bd.png

Lets talk about the outgoing players first. 

The clubs top scorer Bazungula wanted to leave and his contract was due to run out in June but three weeks it was due to his former club TP Mazembe tabled a cash bid for him, crazy. Nicat Hasanov was probably 4th choice CB but Burnic could play their and was better, a £425k bid was enough for him to depart for league rivals Qarabag. Then two big sales; first was Bosnian defender Matej Krizmanic to German side Freiburg for £5m. The deal was £3m up front and two instalments of £1m plus 50% profit clause, I don't think he was worth the £5m so this was a good deal. We then had a bidding war for defensive midfielder Renato Delic; if I remember correctly it was Gladbach, Hoffenheim and Stuttgart bid with the latter the winning team. £5.75m upfront with £1m in instalments and 20% profit clause. 

f557344bef815fe3f79358c0e791d80c.png

Incoming...

a046995e226e20138cd38c2fa248b322.png

A left-field signing of sorts as we sign Ibrehima Sissoko from Belgian amatuer side Winkel Sport. A central midfield option who will be here for a season or two as a rotation option. 

44c823227253483b7c8bf76756913eec.png

We then spent a further £8m on three first team players. 

Peter Morvai joins from Hungarian side Ferencvaros for £3.3m, he can play on either wing or preferably up front which is where he will mainly be playing. We then signed Jhon Correa as the direct replacement for Krizmanic, his profile claiming his preferred position is RB buts its not, its CB. £1.1m was his release clause at his former Colombian club Deportes Tolima. Last to join was Rowan van der Sloot from AZ Alkmaar for a club record £3.5m, the 19 year old DM replaces Delic in the team.