Jump to content

Lost hours of game play because X box not syncing


Recommended Posts

@Desmond Richardsonive highlighted a few flaws on here and generally you do reply.

this one is the most serious. My Xbox is no longer syncing to the cloud and it means a huge amount of game time has been lost. I’m sure you’ll say this is a Microsoft issue, which is justifiable. 
 

however, Microsoft help is next to useless in terms of help. SI chose to launch on this platform so must bear some responsibility for the failures. Can you help at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Hi @SimonHoddle I can certainly try my best! Are you still playing via Remote Play or xCloud?

Thank you. Via xcloud on iPad. In the last couple of weeks the following message appears -“ it is taking a long time for your other console to sync  to the cloud.”

switch on my Xbox doesn’t help and there are no Wi-Fi issues. I’m consistently losing saves so it’s really frustrating.

would appreciate your help. Shame that MS are so poor at assistance as it is obviously their problem 

Edited by SimonHoddle
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, SimonHoddle said:

Thank you. Via xcloud on iPad. In the last couple of weeks the following message appears -“ it is taking a long time for your other console to sync  to the cloud.”

switch on my Xbox doesn’t help and there are no Wi-Fi issues. I’m consistently losing saves so it’s really frustrating.

would appreciate your help. Shame that MS are so poor at assistance as it is obviously their problem 

My console does this at times too. Can you try this for me?

Load your console > press start on Football Manager 22 Xbox Edition > Quit. Then try loading it again and let me know if it syncs? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked once and then got this unfortunately.

this is having a significantly detrimental impact on gameplay.

my concerns are;

1) why has it suddenly started happening 6 months after release

2) what happens if I’m not near my Xbox (remote play after all). And is the only way to fix it to keep loading and quitting FM on my Xbox 

3) why are MS so weak at customer help.

Like I say this is a game breaking issue as I keep playing matches which then disappear. 

 

17158737-B3A4-44A9-B51C-436477099239.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff

This is some official documentation from Microsoft - not always helpful again if you aren't near your console at the time.

This error occurs when you’re playing on one Xbox console after having played on a different console that hasn’t finished synchronising your saves to the cloud. You have two options:

  • Select Sync last saved data to stop the other console’s upload and instead sync the data on the console you’re currently using. You may lose unsynchronized data from the other console.
  • Select Keep waiting and resolve the sync problem with the other console. This usually means signing in to your profile on that console and letting it complete the upload.

Are your power settings assigned to instant on?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Desmond. I only ever (and have only ever) play on my iPad so I don’t see how this has become a problem. The workaround doesn’t seem to work unfortunately. In fact it makes me create an alternative save through my Xbox which I never used previously, so actually seems to complicate things.

im really curious as to why this is suddenly happening. It doesn’t add up.

as I say it’s a fundamental flaw. I have an Xbox, iPad Pro and highest spec broadband. There should be no reason for the fault and MS are clearly blasé about assisting. Utilising the Xbox to correct the fault makes remote play a fallacy.
 

unfortunately it doesn’t reflect well on SI as they don’t communicate with yourselves to help either.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

This is some official documentation from Microsoft - not always helpful again if you aren't near your console at the time.

This error occurs when you’re playing on one Xbox console after having played on a different console that hasn’t finished synchronising your saves to the cloud. You have two options:

  • Select Sync last saved data to stop the other console’s upload and instead sync the data on the console you’re currently using. You may lose unsynchronized data from the other console.
  • Select Keep waiting and resolve the sync problem with the other console. This usually means signing in to your profile on that console and letting it complete the upload.

Are your power settings assigned to instant on?

Power settings instant on

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, SimonHoddle said:

Power settings instant on

Thank you very much for this info.

 

2 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

I just loaded on my iPad . It didn’t give me an option of syncs and ended up loading a save from 5 matches previous to the one I have completed.

 

frankly this is terrible.

This is with you only playing on the iPad too? You've not played on the console whatsoever?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Maybe at they very beginning of launch but not for months. Much prefer iPad. 
I recently loaded the game on Xbox, at your suggestion, but didn’t play.

 

appreciate your engagement on this

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
15 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

No. Maybe at they very beginning of launch but not for months. Much prefer iPad. 
I recently loaded the game on Xbox, at your suggestion, but didn’t play.

 

appreciate your engagement on this

Thanks for the additional info on this. I'm going to investigate this further for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 11:05, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks for the additional info on this. I'm going to investigate this further for you.

I guess the investigation didn’t get very far??

thx anyway 

next up. Maybe or maybe not you could assist with this @Desmond Richardson

yet more lost gameplay for inexplicable reasons. Or at least reasons we were never warned about 

BD2AC8EE-26CA-4311-85F5-22EC3FFEB58C.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 22/07/2022 at 16:09, SimonHoddle said:

I guess the investigation didn’t get very far??

thx anyway 

next up. Maybe or maybe not you could assist with this @Desmond Richardson

yet more lost gameplay for inexplicable reasons. Or at least reasons we were never warned about 

Hey Simon,

Apologies for the delay I'm still trying to find more info out for you in relation to this. I've been away on holiday and I'm chasing things up. Unfortunately, there is a limit due to the cloud saving. If you go to "Save Game As" then you will be able to see the capacity that's left for the game save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.