Every save I start I get bored, need help badly!

I’ve had a few great saves so far this FM. 

Palermo - Torino - United

South Shields

I started Bordeaux in the third division but feel it’s just too easy as half the players are happy which clearly isn’t right. Looking for something new, would be keen for a European save still, maybe avoiding the top 5 leagues, I’ve done Croatia and Belgium in the past and loved them. Has anyone got any other suggestions? Don’t want to start absolutely too low, but clubs I’ve managed before were Gent and Hajduk Split, loved them as they weren’t the top teams but toppling the big boys was difficult, afterwards turns into a sort of journeyman. Don’t mind starting with weaker than these in their leagues as long as it’s not a small small club. Was thinking either this or effectively a proper non league to legend which I haven’t done in a few years in England as that’s what some of my best saves were. Open to suggestions, any comments at all would be greatly appreciated! 

If you've loved Gent and Hajduk, maybe you'd like something similar in say Austria or Czech Republic? There are a number of solid clubs in Austria that can't get near Salzburg such as LASK, Rapid or Wolfsberger. Or you can take charge of Austria Wien, they're a bigger challenge as they should be ridden with debt, but they used to be a very big club there.

In Czech R., I can suggest Slovacko or Banik, or any mid-table team like Slovan. Slavia is the team to beat there.
I had a save with Slovacko on FM20 and it was super fun. The league is good enough to attract solid players from the start and I was amazed with the amount of talent the league produces. I've even seen some very nice players from Czechia on this year's FM.

On 24/06/2022 at 23:42, Kerno1872 said:

South Shields

I started Bordeaux in the third division but feel it’s just too easy as half the players are happy which clearly isn’t right. Looking for something new, would be keen for a European save still, maybe avoiding the top 5 leagues, I’ve done Croatia and Belgium in the past and loved them. Has anyone got any other suggestions? Don’t want to start absolutely too low, but clubs I’ve managed before were Gent and Hajduk Split, loved them as they weren’t the top teams but toppling the big boys was difficult, afterwards turns into a sort of journeyman. Don’t mind starting with weaker than these in their leagues as long as it’s not a small small club. Was thinking either this or effectively a proper non league to legend which I haven’t done in a few years in England as that’s what some of my best saves were. Open to suggestions, any comments at all would be greatly appreciated! 

Sweden with Brommapojkarna. I think they start in the 2nd division, but have excellent youth facilities. You might be able to beat the big boys in Sweden with an entire team made up of youth players.

On 24/06/2022 at 23:42, Kerno1872 said:

South Shields

One thing I attempt (and fail) to do every FM is to win the Turkish League with a club from Ankara. Never been done before IRL and a real challenge toppling those 3 massive Istanbul clubs

4 hours ago, Junkhead said:

One thing I attempt (and fail) to do every FM is to win the Turkish League with a club from Ankara. Never been done before IRL and a real challenge toppling those 3 massive Istanbul clubs

You're a terrible person to give advice on this thread  :D ;)

Edited by Brother Ben

What I do every year on FM is start unemployed with no badges and start somewhere random and make my way up to the top - this year I started in Belarus and have eventually ended up at Bayern after taking over teams in Ukraine, Romania, France and England