What do you think FM should improve the most?

Match engine? Transfer market? I think the most important thing to improve is motion.

Why is motion the most important? Improvements in motion can bring a lot of things, and I think the two most important things are arcade fun and diversification of tactics.

1. Arcade Fun
This is too obvious. With the addition of more diverse motions, if you look at flexible dribbling and pressure in a narrow space, you can't help but enjoy the unrealistic tactics and transfer market, right? Didn't many people who actually watch football fall in love with these aspects of the players? In order to satisfy this intuitive pleasure, the addition of motion is essential.

2. Diversification of tactics
The addition of motion can also diversify tactics. Consider the addition of a lot of dribble motion and possible crack-like movements. Honestly, in the current FM, isn't the side forward using penetration rather than cracking? If you have players who are good at horizontal dribbling and players who have strengths in penetration, your use will be different. If the motion is diversified and dribbling movement becomes possible, the tactics will be diversified, just as xavi uses Dembele or Pep uses mahrez, such as isolating one side and inducing 1 on 1 of the winger to dribble through.
In addition, if de-pressurization is possible with the addition of motion (personal skills such as la Croqueta), the problem of forward compression and the problem that physical athletes are better than technical athletes can solve.
As forward pressure became so good that there was little risk of pressure, the compression system changed significantly in FM22, and pressure was not strongly applied to the centerback or fullback. Against the strong team, defenders will certainly not be able to press hard on the defensive line due to their flexible foot skills and subdivisions of the build-up process. If excellent defenders and midfielders show foot skills with additional motion, or move a little backward to receive the ball or a little forward to receive the ball, they will easily get out of the pressure, and natural users will lower the forward pressure line and solve the overbalance problem.
Honestly, aren't the physical players too good? When you watch the game, you feel that the strength of the players with physical strengths is obvious, but the technical players are not. Of course, it will not be all that is seen and it will actually reflect the technological capabilities will be reflected. The addition of motion will help you feel the strength of a technical player more intuitively.

What's the point of improving the match engine when we can't show movement due to lack of motion? In the end, the problem of the match engine can be solved and improved only when motion comes first.

What's the point of improving the transfer market logic when the player's strength is not shown due to lack of motion? If a player doesn't show movement, we're buying empty kernels.

Therefore, I think the addition of motion should be the most important goal. What do you think is the most important thing?

1 hour ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Manager AI. 

Guardiola, Conte and Ancelotti are as tactically astute as Sam Allardyce and pretty much zero squad management. 

This should be No.1 on every wishlist. We need an improved manager AI and it should have a lot of flavor (behaviors) tactically and squad (people) management wise. 

Secondly I'd say we need a complete set pieces rework : from the UI to the way they are executed in the match engine.

My third point will be about atmosphere - I would like to feel a difference between managing in Italy vs England or say.. vs Argentina. I would like to see different stadiums ( moddable also) , different fans / owners / media behavior .

• Administrators

If you do have any specific ideas for any of our games, please do take the time to raise them via our feature request forums - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

The team are always on the look out for ideas from within the community. In some cases we've had ongoing features being created where a snippet of an idea from something raised there has been able to be incorporated - not to mention those that the were completely conceived by you :thup:  

5 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Manager AI. 

Guardiola, Conte and Ancelotti are as tactically astute as Sam Allardyce and pretty much zero squad management. 

This, absolutely. 

Player and press/media interaction. To be honest. I wouldn't mind it gone completely. It was added to add immersion but because it's so repetitive and tedious, it actually takes away from the immersion. 

Player interactions are the absolute worst. I must have a player mutiny every week about something absolutely ridiculous. End/pre season team talks too. I think we can finish top half *your team is outraged

Better graphics. I know it's aimed at all hardware, but there are mobile phone games that look better. I actually play 2D version because again, it takes away from the immersion with clunky animations and floaty graphics.

Realistic AI bids. My player just scored 40 league goals and was the highest rated and top scored in the champions League. All the biggest clubs in Europe are after him. AI offers 2.4 million.....

Better AI. All aspects need improving. Squad building especially. Some clubs still buy a player for £40m and never player him in 5 years and release him on a free.

Better facilities management. I don't want to have to build adequate facilities, then average, then good, then top etc. If I have the money and stature I should be able to build top facilities straight away instead of incremental increases

Edited by trevjim

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

You can make a survey and add a list of options.

So many things need to be fixed....

Slow processing time is the #1 problem.

FM needs to run FASTER!

Processing times do not appear to have been an issue with this version, so maybe it would be worth having a look at other reasons if your save is running slowly?

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Processing times do not appear to have been an issue with this version, so maybe it would be worth having a look at other reasons if your save is running slowly?

Thanks but it's not my laptop or some glitch. FM22 speed is on par with previous editions. It's just that FM is a darn slow game to process (and, yes, I've applied all tips and settings imaginable). In this time and age, any game that makes you wait for more than a few seconds between turns... FM is so slow that I can multitask between turns (email, streaming, TV, grab some coffee, etc.).

• Administrators
3 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks but it's not my laptop or some glitch. FM22 speed is on par with previous editions. It's just that FM is a darn slow game to process (and, yes, I've applied all tips and settings imaginable). In this time and age, any game that makes you wait for more than a few seconds between turns... FM is so slow that I can multitask between turns (email, streaming, TV, grab some coffee, etc.).

How many leagues are you running with what sized db? Appreciate will depend on system setup, but just interested in terms of gauging what your expectations are for it to be able to process in just a few seconds compared to the setup you've got. 

14 hours ago, phd_angel said:

You can make a survey and add a list of options.

So many things need to be fixed....

Slow processing time is the #1 problem.

FM needs to run FASTER!

No idea what you are playing bud but this latest version of FM is probably the fastest in a long time.

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

How many leagues are you running with what sized db? Appreciate will depend on system setup, but just interested in terms of gauging what your expectations are for it to be able to process in just a few seconds compared to the setup you've got. 

Neil, my friend, FM is slow regardless of the number of leagues and db, using above-benchmark laptops I’ve owned over the years. I play saves ranging from 4 to 40 leagues, from small/national to large/customized dbs, and the slug fest starts during the first season and gradually gets worse into 10 seasons.

Yes, FM22 is a little "faster" compared to prior FMs, but still, I’d estimate 60% of dead time compared to 10% in other game genres. I'm probably an outlier in my high expectations though.

The only drastic solution was those nasty hacking apps to warp speed the game which I haven’t used in ages because clicking and crashes were a problem. Yet, that technology is something that your dev teams could look into for inspiration. THAT’s the speed I’m talking about!…

Edited by phd_angel

• Administrators
15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Neil, my friend, FM is slow regardless of the number of leagues and db, using above-benchmark laptops I’ve owned over the years. I play saves ranging from 4 to 40 leagues, from small/national to large/customized dbs, and the slug fest starts during the first season and gradually gets worse into 10 seasons.

Yes, FM22 is a little "faster" compared to prior FMs, but still, I’d estimate 60% of dead time compared to 10% in other game genres. I'm probably an outlier in my high expectations though.

The only drastic solution was those nasty hacking apps to warp speed the game which I haven’t used in ages because clicking and crashes were a problem. Yet, that technology is something that your dev teams could look into for inspiration. THAT’s the speed I’m talking about!…

Those hacking apps tend to increase the speed of the UI, but not the actual processing time, so tend to just give an impression of it going faster. The longer a game goes on the more history is stored which in turn will slow it down. At certain points in the game the AI managers are much more active in transfer dealings (say around transfer windows closing) which again uses more resources. If you're running leagues in full detail processing matches can also take time. But wouldn't really expect a half decent system running only four leagues to be running a 'slug fest'. We always look at ways of optimising the game, but would be interested to see your DXDIAG and an example save which is, in your opinion too slow to get a better idea of what you're experiencing.

As always details on how to upload files/saves etc can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

On 23/06/2022 at 15:44, Neil Brock said:

If you do have any specific ideas for any of our games, please do take the time to raise them via our feature request forums - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

The team are always on the look out for ideas from within the community. In some cases we've had ongoing features being created where a snippet of an idea from something raised there has been able to be incorporated - not to mention those that the were completely conceived by you :thup:  

In my mind those are two different categories:

1. Things that need to be fixed

2. Things that should be added (new ideas).