Can't choose pre-season start date

Hello, i'm playing as Red Star in Serbian Super League for 8 seasons in a row. I have never been oferred the option to choose a pre-season start date. At the end of each season all i get is the info that the players are on holiday usually until 01.07-03.07. I don't have enough time to organize more than 2 friendly matches, because the season in Serbia usually starts around July 15th. The result is that my players are tired and jaded already in October, although i rotate often.

The only exception is the 2021/22 season when I took over the team and then I had enough time to organize a pre-season friendlies from 19.06. After that, every following year, the pre-season does not start before 01.07.

Not sure if this is a bug or i'm just doing something wrong.

1.JPG

Edited by fansten992

On FM22 the pre-season never starts before 01.07. which is too late. In RL and earlier FM versions it usually starts in mid-june. Only 2 weeks of pre-season training is just not enough, there should be at least 3 or 4 weeks before the first match of the season.

On 23/06/2022 at 07:16, Scotty Walds said:

You don't get to choose the pre-season training start date in game

Which isn't, from my admittedly outside perspective, what I've seen is the case in real life. If the manager is in charge of training sessions and scheduling them, it follows that they should have equal influence on the preseason starting date.

6 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Which isn't, from my admittedly outside perspective, what I've seen is the case in real life. If the manager is in charge of training sessions and scheduling them, it follows that they should have equal influence on the preseason starting date.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/

• Administrators

Would say worth flagging here ideally with a save game after a season has finished, but before the new season dates (such as fixtures/friendlies) have been set - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/league-specific-issues/serbia-official-league-specific-issues/

14 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:
14 hours ago, autohoratio said:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/

I've made that request about a month ago here:

• 3 weeks later...