Question about options at wide attacking roles

Hi all,

I play with a simple attacking 4-3-3DM with a high Winger(A) on each side that utilises a a narrow offensive structure to force my attacking wingers into the spaces in and around the box when we have the ball.

This means that out of possession, they drop deeper into their winger positions, giving more defensive structure and the ability to better press full backs. But when we attack, the two wingers and ST create a tight-knit front three almost like three STs. For this, I've been recruiting wingers who can also play as ST as they usually have higher finishing/technique/composure/off the ball attributes than players who can play on the wing only. 

Well, this is what I've been trying to do anyway. I've been digging more into individual player instructions lately and noticed that a Winger(A) has a locked stay wider player instruction which is contradictory to me wanting them to play more narrow.

Is there a more suitable role for this? I don't want to use IF/IW as the cut inside player instruction seems to slow any counter attacks dramatically as they only seem to cut inside once they've reached the byline. I just want a winger who looks to start wide but come narrow when we have possession.

Thanks!

In the AM strata, the Winger on attack will still attack the box when given the opportunity to. But they will stay wider in build up. 

4 hours ago, Whalix said:

Is there a more suitable role for this? I don't want to use IF/IW as the cut inside player instruction seems to slow any counter attacks dramatically as they only seem to cut inside once they've reached the byline.

Your tempo might be too high. Some players won't cut inside if the defenders in the middle out number them. 

Personally I would use the IW. I love that role. I played a winger with more of a striker profile as a IW(Su) and he scored so much from through balls. I think it also depends on the profile of your main striker too. 

Raumdeuter do that, they start wide and than make off the ball runs into space/cut inside to receive the ball. Especially with a 9 on support, they will score a lot of goals, but you can also play them with an AF, Poacher or so. Worked well for me in 4231, 433 and 4330 systems. 

59 minutes ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

Raumdeuter do that, they start wide and than make off the ball runs into space/cut inside to receive the ball. Especially with a 9 on support, they will score a lot of goals, but you can also play them with an AF, Poacher or so. Worked well for me in 4231, 433 and 4330 systems. 

I never quite got the difference between a RD and an IF(a) since the IF does that for me as well. Perhaps because I'm playing a rather direct brand of football?

hace 1 hora, jens_dewit dijo:

I never quite got the difference between a RD and an IF(a) since the IF does that for me as well. Perhaps because I'm playing a rather direct brand of football?

I think the IF dribbles more and it's a bit more selfish. RMD will pass the ball if on a difficult situation because his strenght is attacking the blind side of defenders.

@jens_dewit

I used a symmetrical 433 gegenpress with Liverpool, on the right a RMD and on the left an IF(a)

These are the passes received:

rmdifpassr.png.09c21a0b37c27caf60828669dc58c5ba.png

The RMD roams more and operates in a wider area, both in the midfield and final third. The IF stays wide and then moves into the half space or channel. Both also sometimes run wide. 

Another difference are the Instructions, you can tell a RMD to shoot less often, dribble less and take more risk and you get more of a playmaker. Or shoot more and dribble more to create a selfish role.

6 小时前, chewbaccaloveaddiction说:

@jens_dewit

I used a symmetrical 433 gegenpress with Liverpool, on the right a RMD and on the left an IF(a)

The RMD roams more and operates in a wider area, both in the midfield and final third. The IF stays wide and then moves into the half space or channel. Both also sometimes run wide. 

Another difference are the Instructions, you can tell a RMD to shoot less often, dribble less and take more risk and you get more of a playmaker. Or shoot more and dribble more to create a selfish role.

great test

what about the Focus play?

Il 23/6/2022 in 20:39 , chewbaccaloveaddiction ha scritto:

@jens_dewit

Watch out that the RMD is heavily dependent on the position of other players on the field. Try this again with different formation, blocking/attacking FBs, attacking midfielders ecc