Youth Facilities seem Capped at Excellent for my Team

Issue:

I don't have the option to request increase youth facilities beyond Excellent up to State of the Art. I am wondering if I'm missing something. It has been at least a couple of years since we reached Excellent level.

It's not that the board won't approve Youth Facilities, I'm not getting an option to request it.

Club Scenario:

We are Oldham in 2036. 

We got to the Premier League in 2030, were immediately relegated and then spent the next 4 seasons in the Championship before coming back up again in 2035 and we're currently in lower mid table in February.

Finances: £118m in credit on our bank balance. We are within the wage budget and have zero debts and loans.

Facilities:

New stadium was built in 2035.

Training Facilities: State of the Art

Junior Coaching: Exceptional

Youth Recruitment: Exceptional

Youth Level: 1 (all U18 and U23 staff positions filled)

I previously played through less obvious reasons in my mind, was it because we had an old stadium with facilities attached? Not any more. Could it be that clubs in the Championship simply don't get to State of the Art levels? doesn't apply now we're back in the Premier League. 

Club Culture? the only things listed are playing styles (high-tempo and possession), nothing for developing players through the youth system but also theres not anything on signing high profile players either. I am due a new contract soon so may have a chance to test this.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

When did you last request an upgrade? I know there's a cooling off period of a month or two when they reject your request not sure otherwise 

At least two seasons ago, I saw it last with the old stadium and the new one took at least 2 years to build.

• Administrators

Can be related to the owner's priorities - realistically if they're not asking you to prioritise youth development as a board demand, they won't be willing to invest in all areas (such as youth facilities). Would say it'd be worth adding next time you have an opportunity to set visions/expectations in the future and you may find their position shifts.

Appreciate it's a little inconsistent in the fact you've been able to heavily invest in those other youth areas though, perhaps need a bit of clarity in game as to why you can't make the request. . 

So neither a new contract nor the new season vision discussion enables a change to Club Culture. 

The save does feel a bit buggy, I had an outward transfer showing even though the player had moved, and it stayed there until he moved again some 4 years later.

On 17/06/2022 at 13:10, Neil Brock said:

perhaps need a bit of clarity in game as to why you can't make the request. . 

A while back I posted a suggestion to show all requests in the menu, but "grey out" the ones you can't make and have a tooltip when hoovering over that explains why. "Short time since it was last requested". "The board thinks this is at a good enough level and don't want to increase it", etc. I think that would give a bit more clarity for the users.

Here it is for those wondering: