Settings for losing teams to drop out Champions League into Europa Comps

legendof88

Hi, I have edited the European Competitions slightly. 

I am wanting to get losing teams from Champions League qualifiers to drop into the Europa League and Conference, I have set in the Champions League for losing teams to qualify for the Europa League. 

But when I test the rules it is finding 0 teams coming from Champions League. Does any one know how to set this up?

So at the moment I have... Anyone spot what the issue is?

FATE from Champions League 

Set Continental Cup, First Round , Losing Team, Europa League 

Qualify Team for Competition, First Round Losing Team, Europa League 

Quality Team for Stage, First Round, Losing Team, Europa League, 0, First Round 

Then within Europa League (Teams - Qualified Teams)

Get Qualified Teams from Stage, Champions League, 0, Europa Cup, First Round 

Then within Europa League First Stage (TEAMS)

Get Qualified Teams from Stage, Champions League, 0, Europa Cup, First Round

Have a look at one of the existing European overhaul files to see how they did it.

As for what you've got there, I don't think you need both Qualify Team for Competition and Qualify Team for Stage. Just the Stage one should work.

You shouldn't need anything in the Teams - Qualified Teams section, only on the Stage - Teams section. It also has to be identical. You can't write Europa League on one side and Europa Cup on the other, they need to be the same.

Plus, you'd need the Europa League stage to start after the qualification from the CL stage happens. If the teams haven't actually qualified yet on the date it tries to setup then it'll fail. If they're being added to an existing stage, eg. you've already had one round of qualifying before the CL drop down teams join then you'd probably need to use Insert Team into Stage in the UCL fate actions instead of Qualify, and use Add Space For Team in the Europa League stage. That gets more complicated though.

Hi thanks for this, I did look at existing overhaul files and they did have both the qualify sections you alluded to. 

However, I think the issue is as you state in your last point about the stage starting after - I will look into that and see if that helps.