Derisory offers when trying to sell players + Existing players asking for obscene contracts

Seem to have this problem alot...

-Whenever I try to sell a player I barely get 25pc of their value as a bid. If a club bids out of their own interest I might get 50pc. Finding it annoying having to pay full whack for players yet no sensible offers when selling my own.

-Squad players asking for wages and roles of important and star players when clearly not good enough. Lots of players dont respect their place in the hierachy. eg a 150 ca player asking for mega money in a team full off 160s and 170s. Asking for star or important player role. Its not realistic.

What can be done about this?

I've found patience is super important when selling players.

For example I transfer listed a couple of midfielders recently. Both had values between £1m-2.5m. I set their asking price near the top of those ranges. For the first few weeks the best bids I was getting were below the lowest part of their values and non-negotiable. So I rejected and waiting. Then I started getting bids that I could negotiate so I managed to get them to around £1.6m with some add ons which I was OK with. Accepting this then led to a couple more bids which I could negotiate up and I ended up getting just under £2m + add ons for both. Not ideally what I wanted but not too far off.

The difference between 150, 160, 170 CA isn't big, and someone with 150 can actually be better than someone with 170, because of better attribute spread and hidden mentals. You should never use CA as a guideline of who gets paid what in all honesty. 

Generating good bids for your players takes time. Clubs need to be interested, then you'll need to reject the first couple of offers that come in, and wait for them to come back with improved terms. In this version it's easier to sell in the January window. But even then you won't sell all the players you want for "the right price", that's just not how the system is set up (it's not IRL, either). Offering out players and getting a good price is something that rarely works anymore,

I actually quite like how hard it is now too offload players, it was annoying at first but i think it makes it far more challenging.

In previous years you would spot the dead wood immediately and gets bids on practically every player you offered out freeing up tons in wages and getting a nice little transfer pot to rebuild. 

Now though you are basically stuck with them so it forces you work with and around them, also you will need to be more  thoughtful when bringing someone in on 4 year deal because if they flop your lumbered with them unless you want to take huge hit.

On 15/06/2022 at 20:22, Uncle_mo said:

I actually quite like how hard it is now too offload players, it was annoying at first but i think it makes it far more challenging.

In previous years you would spot the dead wood immediately and gets bids on practically every player you offered out freeing up tons in wages and getting a nice little transfer pot to rebuild. 

Now though you are basically stuck with them so it forces you work with and around them, also you will need to be more  thoughtful when bringing someone in on 4 year deal because if they flop your lumbered with them unless you want to take huge hit.

I'm actually talking about clubs bidding for my best players for half value and destabalising the squad

On 18/06/2022 at 19:19, andyt365 said:

I'm actually talking about clubs bidding for my best players for half value and destabalising the squad

They can't be as good as you think they are, 

Imagine you are Accrington Stanley and have a striker score 20 goals this season and his market value is £1.5m but someone from the champ offers £650,000. 

What are you going to do? he now knows a team in a higher league wants him and will agitate a move if you refuse, the team above know this full well and are offering you a below value deal or no deal, if you refuse you could lose him for less further down the line, it's not fair, but it's football

Edited by Uncle_mo

On 18/06/2022 at 19:19, andyt365 said:

If you have a club interested in a player, then its a good time to sell.

Because there is major interest, your chances of getting a good price is high.

(If you try to sell when there's no interest, it's a struggle.)

So negotiate and you should get a price close to the maximum of what their value range is.

You may realise that a player who you thought was unsellable and will ruin your team if he goes, actually is replaceable, usually by someone cheaper with more potential or better attributes. You just have to find that replacement.

For the wages side, I find that having a self-imposed wage cap helps massively with what players will ask for when you sign them as well as when you are offering contract extensions.

At one point, I was spending about £9m p/m on wages including a winger on £625k p/w a goalie on £450k p/w and lots on £300k p/w. I would be trying to sign a 19 year old youth prospect for my. u-23s and he'd want £110k p/w!

Eventually these high wage players retired or were sold and I didn't really sign anyone of replace them using youth players as back up and promoting previous back up to first team and my wages have got down to £5.7m p/m, which is still high obviously but brings it in-line with the others at the top of the league.

I now never get contract extensions or new players asking for more that £300k p/w and I find there is a lot more room for negotiation in reducing their requests without having to change any contract bonuses like signing on fee, etc.